Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bahama Mamas - Off Topic Chat

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I read it's going free next year? Any actual date? Pugb looks like a great laugh so will give For note a go but I don't like the cartoony look.

The Battle Royale part is free right now.
    https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/fortnite-battle-royale-/cid=EP1464-CUSA07669_00-FORTNITETESTING1

Probably better with a gang of us. I wonder can you play as squads?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cool will give it a go. I read teams and vehicles 'coming soon'

Cool will give it a go. I read teams and vehicles 'coming soon'

I might play a game now. Might give me an idea if I'd like PUBG or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Are any of ye into driving/racing games?

Had my first game, Killed one person by hiding in a house, 5 minutes later got killed by hiding in a house. Came 40th :pac:

Whoever wants to do squads on ps4, give me a shout. Probably be able to play on the weekend properly.

• Advertisement

Played 3 games, got 1 kill per game :pac:

The last game I was just getting into circles in time so I wasn't getting enough time to loot.
    I'd say it'll be a lot more fun playing in squads.

Here was my first crappy kill, you can hear the victim making a lot of noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Had 2 games last night and it was a bitta craic. Should be on later if anyone wants to try squads.

Probably be the weekend before I get a proper chance.

Squads would be good craic.
    I think I'd get bored of solo's very quickly, especially when trying to learn the game and dying constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Aim for Loot Lake when coming off the bus, I normally wait til I am near it, it has some good weapons and lots of resources so you can box yourself in

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Are any of ye into driving/racing games?
    Errr... GTA!

Apart from that, Trackmania and sometimes Project Cars.

VR version of Trackmania coming soon. It's a great game. It was free on PC for years, the PS4 version is €40. Anyone who likes whacky races would love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Scotty # wrote: »
    Errr... GTA!

It's more like MarioKart than actual racing these days, in fairness.

I'll probably download Fortnite tonight and be good to go on Saturday (workin tomorrow).

Everything you need to know about Fortnite...

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeshFM93

Played about 12 rounds of it last night and got 2 kills. Annoying ****in thing , but I'll give it a few more goes before I flip the lid.

Got my first win with Kesh & Zanatoo.

Zanatoo died early so he was pretty much directing me what to do while Kesh built cover.

I'm pretty sh1t at this game so here is the one time I managed to do something good.

A really really really good PS4 player...

No hiding. Run and kill.

Some welcome fixes in the latest update...

BATTLE ROYALE
    GAMEPLAY

We have increased the travel movement of the Battle Bus and increased skydiving velocity in order to offer an alternative strategy to jumping out of the Bus at the first possible moment.
    Increased Battle Bus movement speed by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).
    Increased skydiving terminal velocity by 50% (from 4000 to 6000).
    The final storm safe zone will now close completely instead of holding at a 10 cm radius.
    Players can now search supply drops without interruption from storm damage.
    Improved the pre-game warmup UI to indicate the server is “Waiting for players to connect” and “Battle Bus launching” when the lobby is full.
    Fixed the glider occasionally not auto-deploying at the correct height.
    Fixed an issue which caused Supply Drops to become stuck in the air after player-built structures beneath them were destroyed.
    WEAPONS

Changes from the Live Update on Oct. 6:
    Increased Semi-Auto Sniper Rifle damage by 50%.
    This weapon was often passed up because of its lower damage. This increase will put it closer in line with its intended effectiveness.
    Decreased Scoped Assault Rifle damage by 33%.
    This weapon was too effective at its current role and needed to be scaled back slightly.
    Decreased Grenade, Grenade Launcher, and Rocket Launcher environmental damage to 375 (was 450).
    Metal forts will now require two explosive blasts (instead of one). Late-game bases are too easily destroyed and we want to promote building diversity.
    Increased Rocket Launcher reload time by 20%.
    It's a little too easy to spam rockets. We want the Rocket Launcher to be a powerful weapon, but it's a little too good right now.
    Increased Submachine Gun damage by 10%.
    The Submachine Gun is underperforming at close to medium range combat. This damage increase will improve its effectiveness slightly. We'll continue to keep an eye on it.
    Renamed several weapons
    Renamed 'Semi-Auto Rifle' to 'Assault Rifle (Burst).'
    Renamed 'Semi-Auto Handgun' to 'Pistol.'
    Renamed 'Semi-Auto Shotgun' to 'Tactical Shotgun.'
    Fixed an issue which prevented explosive weapons from damaging Supply Drops.
    Fixed a bug which caused the pump action shotgun to occasionally double-fire.
    Fixed a bug which caused grenades to occasionally deal no damage.
    Fixed an issue which caused bullet impact effects to only be being visible to players in the immediate vicinity.
    Fixed an issue which caused the weapon reticle to disappear.
    DUOS/SQUADS

Eliminations will now be awarded to the player who downs an enemy regardless of who finishes off that player in the DBNO (Down, But Not Out) state.
    Increased health after being revived from the DBNO state.
    Health increased from 25 to 30.
    Shields will no longer protect you from damage while in the DBNO state.
    You will keep any remaining shield if a teammate revives you.
    Friendly fire damage will now display the appropriate visual hit effects.
    Fixed squad’s finishing placement displaying the incorrect number in some cases.
    Fixed an issue which caused tires to bounce DBNO players.
    Fixed an issue which allowed traps to bounce players in the DBNO state.
    UI

There is now a Report Player button on the end-of-match screen to report players.
    Critical hit damage on shielded players is now displayed in blue, like other displayed shielded damage numbers.
    The color of each player’s marker in a duo/squad are now consistent with everywhere they are displayed.
    Player indicators on the minimap will now match the color the player was assigned instead of all players showing as a cyan color.
    Changed the item drop icon on the Inventory screen from a trash can to a “drop arrow” to more clearly indicate its purpose.
    You can now hold down ‘Shift’ before dragging an item to only drop one of that item.
    Teammates will no longer show up as eliminated when they are loading into the map.
    Fixed an issue which prevented eliminated players from entering text in the Send Feedback interface when using a controller.
    WORLD

Added name labels to the map for existing locations.
    Tomato Town
    Dusty Depot
    Salty Springs
    Fortnite%2Fblog%2F1-7-1-patch-notes%2FMiniMapAthena-2048x2048-257033270bfbd1f8bd239d3fc98dd2a6438e85e4
    Added a few structures near Tomato Town.
    Added new potential chest & loot locations to the northernmost and southernmost wooden bridges over the river, as well as to Lonely Lodge and the container area to the west.
    Fixed certain basements being blocked, which prevented access to underground treasure chests and loot.
    Fixed issues which caused trees to float above the terrain.
    Fixed some trees that previously could not be destroyed.
    General bug fixes and improvements to the world.
    PERFORMANCE

We’re continuously working on optimizing performance, and are actively investigating recent reports of lower frame rates in areas with dense foliage.

Fixed multiple issues which could cause a brief freeze in game.
    Fixed a significant hitch that occurred when the last player was eliminated from the game.
    Fixed a hitch which occurred after the Battle Bus skydiving phase completed.
    Reduced hitching on PlayStation 4.
    AUDIO

Addressed multiple issues which caused sound to only come out of the left or right speaker.
    Moved Battle Bus ignition audio into pre-game warmup phase.
    General mix adjustments.
    SPECTATING

Fixed player directional hit indicators not visible while spectating

That PS4 player I was talking about from the video above...
    https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/psn/Brothasupshall

and mine...
    https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/psn/Zanatoo

My kills per match has actually improved a lot in the last few days in Solo. (still ****e though!)

1.7.2 update... not entirely sure if it has hit PS4 yet....

GAMEPLAY

You can now switch between teammates while spectating.
    Fixed other bugs.

WEAPONS

Medium Ammo stacks increased from 10 to 20.
    Rocket Ammo spawn rate decreased by 25%.

CONTROLS

Added a new sensitivity sliders for “Targeting Multiplier” and “Scoped Multiplier” to the Game Options.

PERFORMANCE

Reduced the time it takes to load into the map from the matchmaking lobby.
    General improvements to loading times and frame rate.

AUDIO

Increased the distance that building audio can be heard.

Anyone have a Wii U? I'm half interested in getting MarioKart again, but dunno will i get a Wii U or get the Switch. Any advice from anyone on here?

Any new sh1t in GTA? Is Phobos still doing his dailies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

Anyone have a Wii U? I'm half interested in getting MarioKart again, but dunno will i get a Wii U or get the Switch. Any advice from anyone on here?

Any new sh1t in GTA? Is Phobos still doing his dailies?

He's off for the week to get his new tin foil hat so he'll definitely be doing the dailys

Also theres a batmobile in the game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

He's off for the week to get his new tin foil hat so he'll definitely be doing the dailys

Its still **** sadly, I only logged in this week for the bonus cash, I dont know why I even bothered, nothings changed about it

You're a batmobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Tom Clancy's Wildlands has a free trial until 27th. You only get to play 4 hours. Have it downloaded and was gonna give it a go tonight if anyone fancied co-op.

Full game on sale for €27.99 on PS store

^ It's a very good game for that price.

Gator, is the Division worth another crack in your opinion? Reading the thread over on the main forum and thinking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Gator, is the Division worth another crack in your opinion? Reading the thread over on the main forum and thinking about it.

It's currently 12 quid in Argos. Picked it up again, I'm level 26, still have to finish the main story, can't go wrong at that price though.

It's currently 12 quid in Argos. Picked it up again, I'm level 26, still have to finish the main story, can't go wrong at that price though.

I'll rob it off one of the bros if it's worth a shot (they never trade games in, more money than sense!) :pac:

Will any of you be getting Far Cry 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,416 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Will any of you be getting Far Cry 5?

Have it pre-ordered in Smyths!
    64.99 for the gold edition with the season pass.

I'm not 100% that I will pick it up if I'm honest.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna get it anyway. I think it'll be a fine game.

I'm struggling to get into Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Dunno why, but I feel a bit let down by this gen of gaming. Rehashes and FIFA 2047's. There hasn't been a (pardon the pun) game changer for me, like Fallout 3 was or others on the 360.

Advertisement