Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can MT's daily forecast be stickied?

Options
  • 07-09-2017 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Please? :)

I seem to remember that it used to be.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Hi Booms, MT's daily forecast thread was unstuck because it is easier to find when using the responsive site. A lot of users now use the responsive site and before it and other stickied threads were in a side menu and a bit out of sight so having it unstuck is making it more accessible to more people. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Hi Booms, we've been experimenting with stickies over the last few months in an effort to make sure that as many people as possible see MTC's forecast thread, realtime weather reports etc.

I've asked the office for some updated figures and, if the forecast gets more views when it is stickied then that's what we will do!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Thank you both for your reply, good to know the reason for the change.
    Cheers!

Thanks!

(Would you believe I went right past it, and couldn't see it?)

Nice to see MT restored to the top of the pile.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭Mech1

can we not get both?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

What is the responsive site? Have I missed out on another change?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

What is the responsive site? Have I missed out on another change?

Trust me you are as well off !

While we have a thread open I must say something
    I've noticed the number of thanks has decreased significantly
    Now maybe it's because we have not had much "weather " but I really hope we are not taking his wonderful service for granted .........don't forget to say thanks !

As they say in North Korea . . .

Tanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Tazio

Dumbo here: I can't see the stickies with the Boards app..

And thanks to MT of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

If you can't see stickies, go to "legacy site" which should be an option visible in the upper right portion of the welcome screen for boards.ie. If you don't want to go to the legacy site, then I believe there's an option involving preferences, maybe somebody who goes that route can explain it (I am on a home computer most of the time, not a device or a phone).

• Advertisement
Advertisement