Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRL and all things Rugby League down under 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Danick wrote:
    Cheers mate - words cannot describe how happy I feel - I loved the way we didn't give up after 2 big mistakes that cost us two tries - either of those mistakes could have broken their spirits but they never moved away from their mantra of playing for the full 80 minutes - it would really polish the day off if my son or daughter was born today - due date was yesterday - wish us luck!

Wow, could be an epic weekend for you. Good luck to you.

I really never would have imagined the Cowboys would get this far without Thurston. They've shown they aren't a one-man team which many claimed they were. It would be a great story if they go all the way now and win it.

Roosters just didn't have the nerve that was needed. I'd say their fans are gutted.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Wow, could be an epic weekend for you. Good luck to you.

I really never would have imagined the Cowboys would get this far without Thurston. They've shown they aren't a one-man team which many claimed they were. It would be a great story if they go all the way now and win it.

Roosters just didn't have the nerve that was needed. I'd say their fans are gutted.

Thanks a million - I never dreamed we would get this far either once I heard JT and Matty Scott were out but Michael Morgan came of age - the other JT activated a new level of steam roller mode and has been immense as well - they play as a team - Paul Green has to be an amazing coach and motivator - don't get me wrong - I'm not getting carried away - I am extremely worried about playing against the Storm but if we play like we have been playing throughout the final stages then it could be a close game and hope of hopes we win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

IMG_20170925_052543.jpg
    IMG_20170925_052536.jpg

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

hopefully the cowboys win it

hopefully the cowboys win it

Yeah fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

Well boys , guess whos booked into my bar for a post training feed on Wednesday? :D

JT and the squad , see them every year for finals when Im Sydney , got a pic with the GOAT once or twice too.
    So if anyone happens to be around The Lord Roberts in Darlinghurst around 6pm , you may see the boys coming in......

Brandnewaward - that is so cool that you will get to chat to JT and the squad - another little Cowboys fan born this morning - A little Cowgirl called Rachel - hoping the Cows will win on Friday to top off an already amazing week.

Danick wrote: »
    Brandnewaward - that is so cool that you will get to chat to JT and the squad - another little Cowboys fan born this morning - A little Cowgirl called Rachel - hoping the Cows will win on Friday to top off an already amazing week.

Many Congratulations Danick, you'll have to wait a couple more days than Friday :), Sunday final.

IMG_20170926_175449.jpg
    IMG_20170926_175456.jpg

Many Congratulations Danick, you'll have to wait a couple more days than Friday :), Sunday final.

Thanks a million - ha ha - Sunday - baby brain already lol

• Advertisement

well done mate :D

Not long to go now before the final. Quite an early start for us here: 9.15 am apparently.

Hopefully the Cowboys can spring the upset and complete the fairytale finish.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

Not long to go now before the final. Quite an early start for us here: 9.15 am apparently.

Hopefully the Cowboys can spring the upset and complete the fairytale finish.

Still the pre match "entertainment", must be half nine kick off.

Kick off coincided with the chequered flag in the F1 beautifully. :P

**** way to start the game. :(

Kick off coincided with the chequered flag in the F1 beautifully. :P

**** way to start the game. :(

Yeah, horrible. Cowboys have had nothing but bad luck with injuries.

Has the makings of a one sided boring final now.

Lovely. Was worried all those penalties would go unpunished. Let's hope they can really make a game of it now.

It's been a disappointing final, not a great contest and flat atmosphere as a result.

All very meh. (unless you're a Storm fan, in which case, I'm sure it's been fantastic)

It was definitely over when Dale Finucane scored but it felt even after the first half that it was heading the way of Storm.

A pity that it went the way the experts called and that it didn't match the drama of last year's Grand Final.

Credit to Storm on their great season. When you think back, the Parramatta game was of huge significance. If the Eels had edged that one, perhaps the extra game for the Storm could have done them more damage. Then again I've been wishfully thinking they would stumble for a while now!

The best team won at the end of the day. I wonder will they retain next season? I'm sure they will be involved in some capacity and I wouldn't bet against them reaching another final.

It'll be interesting to see how Storm do with 2 of the big 3 gone. I'm sure they'll do OK still, but loss of Cronk and Slater would affect any team.

• Advertisement

slater is signed on for another yeah. stoked for the guy. clive churchill medal was made for him

slater is signed on for another yeah. stoked for the guy. clive churchill medal was made for him

Didn't see him playing on past this year, only Cronk they'll miss so.

Didn't see him playing on past this year, only Cronk they'll miss so.

just announced. Cam Smith is looking at two more

brent morris due to sign with the bunnies this week....groan

just announced. Cam Smith is looking at two more

brent morris due to sign with the bunnies this week....groan
    Doggies freeing up money , And Morris best days are behind him I reckon

Warriors have made some ok signings so far.

Adam Blair is costing them a bit contract wise for someone his age, but still a good player, (dirty at times) and the Warriors love these old timers coming toward the end of their career! At least it's only a 3 year deal, not 4 that Blair wanted.

They've also signed Pulu from the Titans, Tohu Harris from Storm, who I think is their best signing so far, and Beale from the Sharks.

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your posts this year boys, looking forward to next season !

Yes a fantastic group of people - very welcoming to newbies like myself.

Marwan Koukash is supposedly keen on the Gold Coast Titans, he saved Salford but he's a magnet for poor publicity. He's pretty good for putting his money where his mouth is though.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/british-billionaire-marwan-koukash-bids-for-gold-coast-titans-20171014-gz0z5v.html

2018 draw is out boyssssssssss :D

• Advertisement

2018 draw is out boyssssssssss :D

Storm vs Cowboys locking horns again in Round 3. That should be good.

I see the media are reporting the Roosters are favourites to sign Cronk.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement