Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

Shame about the last hole today but if he holds his position on Sunday he has his card for next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

So long as he doesn't spend the night thinking about it, he'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

So long as he doesn't spend the night thinking about it, he'll be grand.

How can he not....?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭abff

How can he not....?

I think the key is to focus on what went well and on playing well today and not dwell on the mess he made of the 18th yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Double bogeyed last for two over today. Should squeak in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

Double bogeyed last for two over today. Should squeak in.

18th very costly this week.

Hopefully not too costly.

Threw it away there again . Went from 9th to 21st in one hole. Too many times this season he has messed up . Has the game but mentally it doesn't seem so

Threw it away there again . Went from 9th to 21st in one hole. Too many times this season he has messed up . Has the game but mentally it doesn't seem so

That's a bit harsh. Disappointing to mess up the 18th twice in a row, but that doesn't mean he's a choker.

Next week will show what he's made of.

abff wrote:
    That's a bit harsh. Disappointing to mess up the 18th twice in a row, but that doesn't mean he's a choker.

Well it may be harsh and I'm a huge fan of his but too many Sundays he has fallen away . Obviously anyone can make a double on the last . I just think it has to be mental. He had 2 or 3 chances to win during the season and fell away. As a rookie you would forgive that but last Sunday he had every chance, was tied 7th after 2 holes , an hour later he was 56th . It's just frustrating seeing him not take his chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

That course wouldn't suit him best. A par 70 with only 2 par 5s on it. He's a big hitter and gets birdies on a lot of par 5s.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,153 ✭✭✭ronjo

So still in 19th place.

If he falls out of the top 25 he should still get about 15 starts next season.
    He had 25 this and I guess would need to move up to 8th or so to get the same next.

Heres hoping for a strong performance next weekend.

He finished -5 after his second round at the tour finals. Will just make the cut which is currently at -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

Fortunately a lot of guys between 16th and 30th in the rankings missed the cut so he won't have to do much this weekend to stay in the top 25.

-1 3rd round will see him drop from 19th to 21st in the projected standings. A good final round should get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

well ?

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

Final round delayed to Monday. Tees off in 30 min

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭paulos53

+2 after 8 holes and down to 25th in the projected standings. Just $285 ahead of 26th spot :eek:

Now projected 26. $1,400 short of 25th place.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

paulos53 wrote: »
    +2 after 8 holes and down to 25th in the projected standings. Just $285 ahead of 26th spot :eek:

down to 26th in the projected rankings now

• Advertisement

Birdie on 11th. Now projected 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭A New earth

Still very very tight at projected 25 now but a lot can change in the next hour and a half. You would like to think that he will just make it

Great response in his play birdied 3 of last 4 holes, but mostly out of his hands at this stage I'd say. All depends how much others make!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭OEP

If he can get above Joel Dahmen , who didn't make the cut, he should be in. He's $593 behind him currently

$43 behind him now.

$1,043 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭OEP

And I think he's just blown it. I'm a big fan of Seamus but he just seems to collapse when the pressure is really on. It's unfortunate as I really thought he could have a good year next year on the PGA tour

Only hope now is if Harmon drops shots on the last 2

Looks like that 6 on the 7th (his 16th hole) may well cost him his card. Very unfortunate if that's how it turns out.

• Advertisement

If Chad Collins bogeys or doubles the last Seamus might make it with a par

Advertisement