Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasgow vs Munster, Fri 22nd Sept 7:35pm; TG4

• 21-09-2017 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Glasgow Warriors:
    15. Ruaridh Jackson (116)
    14. Lee Jones (57)
    13. Nick Grigg (23)
    12. Peter Horne (119)
    11. Rory Hughes (33)
    10. Finn Russell (66)
    9. Ali Price (44)

1. Jamie Bhatti (9)
    2. George Turner (3)
    3. Zander Fagerson (53)
    4. Tim Swinson (100)
    5. Scott Cummings (20)
    6. Ryan Wilson (129) CAPTAIN
    7. Callum Gibbins (2)
    8. Adam Ashe (42)

Replacements:

16. Pat MacArthur (156)
    17. Alex Allan (52)
    18. D’arcy Rae (26)
    19. Brian Alainu’uese (18)
    20. Rob Harley (163)
    21. Henry Pyrgos (128)
    22. Sam Johnson (25)
    23. Leonardo Sarto (10)

Unavailable players: Adam Hastings (thigh), Lelia Masaga (calf), Tommy Seymour (thigh), Fraser Brown (ankle), Alex Dunbar (knee), Jonny Gray (wrist), Stuart Hogg (shoulder), Oli Kebble (foot), Paddy Kelly (ankle), Ratu Tagive (achilles), Richie Vernon (achilles) and Samuela Vunisa (knee).

Munster:
    Andrew Conway, Darren Sweetnam, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Alex Wootton; Tyler Bleyendaal – capt., Duncan Williams;
    Liam O’Connor, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Sean O’Connor, Tommy O’Donnell, Jack O’Donoghue.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Dave Kilcoyne, John Ryan, Fineen Wycherley, Robin Copeland, James Hart, Jaco Taute, Simon Zebo.

Munster keep faith with most of the team that won in Swansea last week. Rory Scannell replaces Jaco Taute at inside centre. Dave Kilcoyne recovers from injury to be among the replacements. Simon Zebo wears #23 for the third week in a row. This is going to be another step up again from last week. A win would be a massive result.

Glasgow's unavailable list is quite extensive. Munster should go there confident. Honorary Irishman Leonardo Sarto is on the bench. :)

Who is faster? 13 votes

Dave Kearney
    0%
    Simon Zebo
    100%
    [Deleted User]stephen_nyosser hughessydthebeatscott1974thomond2006Squidgy Blackvienne86Former Coachyorlum11kuang1Glass Prison 1214Dog Botherer 13 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

Good to see some continuity.... strong bench too....we should probably be looking to win this game

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Huge opportunity for Munster to put themselves in the driving seat in the conference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

What's the story with Earls?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Simon Zebo
    What's the story with Earls?

I've no idea. I haven't seen anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Simon Zebo
    Glasgow are a very good side but that's probably as weak a side they're going to field outside of an international window. Munster in with a real chance to pick up a valuable win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,210 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Glasgow are a very good side but that's probably as weak a side they're going to field outside of an international window. Munster in with a real chance to pick up a valuable win.

If Munster win away to our two main conference rivals by week 4 of the season, the pro 14 is going to be fairly dull until the knockout stages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Simon Zebo
    Akrasia wrote: »
    If Munster win away to our two main conference rivals by week 4 of the season, the pro 14 is going to be fairly dull until the knockout stages

True, which makes it odd that Glasgow have MacArthur and Harley on the bench, especially considering just how inexperienced their starting equivalents are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Surprised Zebo isn't getting a start in this, looking forward to seeing how Boomer goes against a 50+ cap international, would love to see him overtake Killer who I have a bit of a feeling we've seen the best of, not sure he's got the drive to keep on top of his game

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Simon Zebo
    Why is Niall Scannell not starting?

stephen_n wrote: »

Rhys Marshall is equally as good....maybe even better

• Advertisement

Simon Zebo

You could ask the same question of John Ryan, Dave Kilcoyne and Simon Zebo. Erasmus is sticking with a winning side I suppose, though I am surprised. On Scannell, Rhys Marshall has been an excellent player since arriving last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Simon Zebo
    Not really good from an Irish perspective. Though the challenge to get past him can only serve to improve Scanell as a player I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,987 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Not really good from an Irish perspective. Though the challenge to get past him can only serve to improve Scanell as a player I guess.

Europe is coming up soon, we'll see who starts then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭MarinersBlues

Ye aren't playing Connacht until week 7??? ;)

You could ask the same question of John Ryan, Dave Kilcoyne and Simon Zebo. Erasmus is sticking with a winning side I suppose, though I am surprised. On Scannell, Rhys Marshall has been an excellent player since arriving last season.

Don't need to bother managing your squad if you're leaving the team before the tough end of the season!

Simon Zebo
    Don't need to bother managing your squad if you're leaving the team before the tough end of the season!

Hadn't thought of that but of course there is a risk given the timing that Rassie could 'pad his stats' as the Gardai would say as much as possible before he leaves.

Can't imagine he has any reason to though given his next job is already lined up.

Venjur wrote: »
    Hadn't thought of that but of course there is a risk given the timing that Rassie could 'pad his stats' as the Gardai would say as much as possible before he leaves.

Can't imagine he has any reason to though given his next job is already lined up.

Not sure I actually believe it but there's a few reasons, for example it's easier to attract coaches to a winning team. And also there's the 'flow state' argument, you have to actively plan to manage your squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,248 ✭✭✭slingerz

the away game i fear the most always niggle and that stupid plastic pitch not to mention the BOOO boys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Rhys Marshall is the best hooker on the island for me, his handling and passing skills are superb in the loose too.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Don't worry we'll manage to lose at home to Cardiff or someone to keep it interesting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭davo2001

Eitherway, I hope the game tonight is at least competitive, all the Munster games so far this season have been a dullfest to watch IMHO, all be it the competition hasn't really been upto scratch.

Europe is coming up soon, we'll see who starts then.

Probably Rhys

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Looking forward to this now, should be a nice bit of needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Munster have decided to play into the wind in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Wahey, here we go, first game on BBC Alba for me this year.

Wonder how long it is before I get pissed off with the commentator, they've gone for English commentary anyway.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Wahey, here we go, first game on BBC Alba for me this year.

Wonder how long it is before I get pissed off with the commentator, they've gone for English commentary anyway.
    On BBC Scotland too

Simon Zebo
    What happened to the defence? Very soft.

Poor from Sweetnam.

Glasgow going nowhere with all their ball and then we miss a tackle......

• Advertisement

On BBC Scotland too

Ah sorry, its actually BBC Scotland I'm watching, I had it on reminder so it just came on! Same commentator though.

Advertisement