Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anchorman's Betting Bonanza!

1202122232426»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭The Reservoir Dubs Anchorman

Football is back tonight, hopefully I can be more disciplined in updating this log.

1 Unit Kansas City +9.5

Easy winner here.

Will have a look at this weekend. good weekend last week but some easy games to call. Less so this weekend with a lot of away teams fancied , always more difficult to handicap in that situation.

Going with Rams -2.5 on Thursday night football.

2 Units

Bit of a sickener there, such is life though!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bohemian_Soul

Anchorman, I always enjoyed your log and followed your selections for a period of time. I know it is difficult to keep discipline with threads like this and life gets in the way but do you reckon this season you are going to pick one day (at the weekend maybe) for acca's etc.... or are you going to follow suit with above and pick the odd single here or there? I like a punt on American sports but don't know enough myself to be throwing dollars at my own selections.....

Anchorman, I always enjoyed your log and followed your selections for a period of time. I know it is difficult to keep discipline with threads like this and life gets in the way but do you reckon this season you are going to pick one day (at the weekend maybe) for acca's etc.... or are you going to follow suit with above and pick the odd single here or there? I like a punt on American sports but don't know enough myself to be throwing dollars at my own selections.....

With baseball it's an everyday sort of sport so I post in here when I get the chance. I'm away for the next two weekends, after that I'll post all the American football picks here on a Sunday morning.

• Advertisement

Cheers for that

Chiefs -3 for Thursday night, 5 Units

Bills, Panthers, Titans and Saints in the early games all look solid plays on the moneyline and against the handicap.

Jags, Dolphins, Giants , Chargers & Steelers all on the handicap in the later games,need to see injury reports/weather conditions before playing anything for Sunday yet though.

Chiefs -3 for Thursday night, 5 Units

Bills, Panthers, Titans and Saints in the early games all look solid plays on the moneyline and against the handicap.

Jags, Dolphins, Giants , Chargers & Steelers all on the handicap in the later games,need to see injury reports/weather conditions before playing anything for Sunday yet though.

Chiefs lose.

Bills, Titans and Saints all win

Jags, Dolphins, Chargers and Steelers all cover the handicap.

Line looks like a trap tonight Miami +3, for me the Miami offence looked much smoother with Matt Moore than with Cutler. Probably because Moore has been in Miami longer, knows the players and the offence better than Cutler. He managed the game well against the Jets and threw some seriously good passes. He was helped by some circus catches by the talented Miami WR corp and Baltimore will be a better defence than the jets but right now I cant see past Miami here.

Taking Miami and the points for 3 Units.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

Line looks like a trap tonight Miami +3, for me the Miami offence looked much smoother with Matt Moore than with Cutler. Probably because Moore has been in Miami longer, knows the players and the offence better than Cutler. He managed the game well against the Jets and threw some seriously good passes. He was helped by some circus catches by the talented Miami WR corp and Baltimore will be a better defence than the jets but right now I cant see past Miami here.

Taking Miami and the points for 3 Units.

I'm all over it already. Its worrying me that it hasn't moved since monday though.

• Advertisement

Guffy wrote: »
    I'm all over it already. Its worrying me that it hasn't moved since monday though.

the line looks trappy as well, it is a worry that it hasnt moved alright. when you look at the two teams on paper , for me anyway Miami have a better offence and worse defence. It should be tight so getting the points looks like the smart play.

Tonight:

Falcons SU - 4 Units

Falcons -7 - 1 Unit

Falcons -10 - 0.5 Unit

Falcons -14 - 0.25 Unit

1 Unit - J Jones Over 78 yards & Freeman 2Td's @12/1

Valparisao - +15 - 4 Units

Tonight:

Falcons SU - 4 Units - winner

Falcons -7 - 1 Unit - loss

Falcons -10 - 0.5 Unit-loss
    Falcons -14 - 0.25 Unit -loss

1 Unit - J Jones Over 78 yards & Freeman 2Td's @12/1 - just a Freeman Td away

Valparisao - +15 - 4 Units - Line moved in to 10 and I tried to middle it but a loser all the same.

Overall a slight loss on the day , could have been worse too with the saints marching at the end of that NFL game.

taking the Patriots tonight but not sure how big on them, want to have a look at weather and personnell closer to the kick off.

Probably going to take the Petriots minus the points for 2 units,

Patriots to win the first hslf minus the points and first quarter as well

Will be back to confirm before kick off.

Took all of the above and lost!

Also took Brady to throw a TD in each half, lost that too!

Early lines I have jumped on for week 15-

Colts +3 - 2 Units

Chiefs SU - 5 Units

Vikings -10 - 5 Units

Cardinals +4 - 3 Units

Steelers +3 - 3 Units

Titans +2 - 2 Units

Cowboys -3 - 3 Units

I backed the Pats also in a single minus the points and was waiting on them for a 5 timer :angry: Just one of those days!!!!

I backed the Pats also in a single minus the points and was waiting on them for a 5 timer :angry: Just one of those days!!!!

Unfortunately the Pats just never showed up. Should in hindsight have realized how significant the loss of Gronk was.

And it's that time of the year again where I lose most of my sleep watching baseballs fly all over the place at wee hours of the morning.

Really excited for the season to get started. With regards to this blog, those who follow know I have had serious discipline issues in posting the picks here every morning. What I am going to try to do is post a treble every morning. I usually post all my picks as well and have a 1/10 of a unit on them in an accy but I take a unit on each pick outright as well.

It's baseball there will be some up's and down. Hopefully more ups. Here's to the season and firstly my outright bets -

10 Units - Washington Nationals win the World Series 10/1

2 Units - Kansas(150/1 - William Hill), Phillies(150/1 Betway) , Dbacks(45/1 betfair exc) and Giants (43/1 betfair exch) Mariners (80/1 betfair exch)

5 Units singles to win division - Dbacks(11/2 Coral), Royals (22/1 Marathon), Mariners (11/1 - Marathon)

Finally things are settling a little and we're starting to see some trends, rosters are leveling out and starting rotations are almost set.

Value tonight on -

Dbacks and Bjays - 2 Units each

Unders - Nats/Giants - 2 units

Yanks, mariners, pirates, Braves, dbacks, brewers, Cards and Bjays - .1 accy and sevenfold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Finally things are settling a little and we're starting to see some trends, rosters are leveling out and starting rotations are almost set.

Value tonight on -

Dbacks and Bjays - 2 Units each

Unders - Nats/Giants - 2 units

Yanks, mariners, pirates, Braves, dbacks, brewers, Cards and Bjays - .1 accy and sevenfold.

What did you get the nats/giants under?

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    What did you get the nats/giants under?

I took u7 on winner and U6.5 on Unibet.

I took u7 on winner and U6.5 on Unibet.

Ya, line hasn't changed so. 7 on 365

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Ya, line hasn't changed so. 7 on 365

wouldn't expect it to either it's definitely on the low side.

Great tipping. Looks like they all came in, surprisingly I never placed a bet on them :rolleyes:

Twins, Indians - 2 Units

Dbacks, Red Sox, Brewers - 2 Unit treble

All of the above & Braves, Royals, Cards - .1 Accy and .1 seven fold

3 Units - Bucks -4 (NBA)

2 Unit - Knights and Capitals double (NHL)

Capitals, 76ers, Liverpool , Man United - 5 Unit outright Trebles and Accumulator

What did yesterday's accy pay?

After a hiatus of a couple of years I'll be back on the baseball. All year.

Will have a list of pre-season bets. Taking mostly singles on the run line and will have the usual €1 massive accy most days.

Pre season just kicked off and the Astros are taking some heat already. IMO the Commission have f**ked this right up. The players should have been suspended minimum of a year or more.

Advertisement