Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Chips / Wildcard Strategy 2017/18

Options
  • 13-07-2017 3:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

10msvt2.png

So we have one new chip this season, the Free Hit

Key point to note - Managers cannot benefit from any price changes gained from their new Free Hit squad. However, price changes applied to their previous line-up will take effect on their return once the chip expires.

Glad to see the AOA chip gone, it was useless and actually cost me points. The Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips have been great additions, interesting to see the optimal strategy behind the Free Hit Chip.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Without having thought it out I'm going to say it could be ideal for a shortened week with weaker teams. One where you'd only have 5 players and can't be destroying your team to field a full 11

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I think its a load of bollox, personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Green&Red wrote: »
    Without having thought it out I'm going to say it could be ideal for a shortened week with weaker teams. One where you'd only have 5 players and can't be destroying your team to field a full 11

Or a dgw featuring a lot of players you've no need for in the run in

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Use em every week

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Anyone looking at a planned early WC this year?

I always WC after 4-6 weeks so last year I set my team up for the first 6 weeks only, planning to WC at that point. Ended up WCing after GW3!! (Although it did work out well)

I'm thinking of following the same strategy this season so interested to see if others have similar thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Is it not just another wc without price rises then?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Benimar wrote: »

I always WC after 4-6 weeks so last year I set my team up for the first 6 weeks only, planning to WC at that point. Ended up WCing after GW3!! (Although it did work out well)

I'm thinking of following the same strategy this season so interested to see if others have similar thoughts.

Yeah I have been thinking the same thing.
    So what I'm looking to do is get in players with good opening fixtures such as the saints, and proven players in ff mainly such as aguero and in say 6 weeks look at the salahs and lacazettes or teams like everton. Be interested see what teAm you come up with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Benimar wrote: »

Ye I'll more than likely be doing that and tying it in with an early BB. Haven't really looked at it yet in any detail. I'm waiting till august to have a good look at picking my team. I've come to the realisation its fairly pointless at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So this 'Free Hit'. this this mean you can have a totally new team for one week only, without penalty, as long within budget? Sounds like a WC, but not quite a WC. Do we still get our regular 2 WCs?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So this 'Free Hit'. this this mean you can have a totally new team for one week only, without penalty, as long within budget? Sounds like a WC, but not quite a WC. Do we still get our regular 2 WCs?

Yep we still have the 2 wildcards (1 in each half of the season). The thing with the Free Hit is that you can replace your full team but you will gain no benefit of price changes. When you go back to your previous team, all price changes that happened to your original 15 players will take effect then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

At the very least, it's better than the All Out Attack chip

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Has anyone used the free hit chip?

Does it wipe out any transfers made before it is played?
    Did Shano mention that they (well his partner on the blogg) used it?

ElTel wrote: »
    Has anyone used the free hit chip?

Does it wipe out any transfers made before it is played?
    Did Shano mention that they (well his partner on the blogg) used it?

Yes his buddy did use it by mistake.

You're more likely to get an answer from him on his thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Anyone else think this could be good week to use it to get extra United, arsenal and pool players?

I'm happy with my team going forward, just think 1 week pint to get 3 arsenal, 3 man u and 1 pool could be handy.

I've currently only mhik and Rambo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Can yo use the free hit and bench boost in the same gameweek??

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

danganabu wrote: »
    Can yo use the free hit and bench boost in the same gameweek??

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

km79 wrote: »
    No

Thought that would be a bit too easy alright :-)

Advertisement