Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Assessment Centre

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Love this place, see you there Burner. Me and you will be bursting out if GV all 21 jump Street!

Ha ha ha love it!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Mop a top wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure if the merot list is only worked out on AC score. Tbh I have suggested a few times that someone should put in a FOI request to find out for definite but no one will. It's free folks lol just do it!!!!!

FOI already in; thanks TheCub :D
    TheCub wrote: »
    Already in..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 36 RTGeorge8910

First time post. Been watching the forum anxiously since I applied but didn't want to post until I was past the AC centre. First time at AC and I got some shock with a 75% score.

Really thought my 3rd role play was rubbish so counted myself out of the process. Like a fool I didn't train since January when I did my AC because I felt I was never going to pass. Now with my score I see a lot of posts saying I could be called very early. I just wish someone could say when the date was although I know I need to sit tight for now. Anyway gonna hit the gym hard now I'm sure there won't be any pca's until late June for this 1509 campaign... Well I hope...

Have a 100 questions in my mind just trying to read through all the threads to best answer those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Mop a top

First time at AC and I got some shock with a 75% score.

Little more faith in yourself please!!!! Congrats on the score, tbh it's often those interviews you tend to do best in lol!!!

I think they'll have PCA's in June too if HR are on the ball it could be as early as mid June, maybe earlier, guess you'll see.

One things for sure start now! You'll never be too fit for a PCA lol and tbh it's more about mental stamina as well as physical.

Good luck!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,530 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Moderator note:

Guys.. can we please keep posts on this thread related to the Assessment Centre? I'm going to be moving posts from here to the 'general' thread over the coming days, so if you see posts disappearing from here, you'll know where they've been moved to.

Thanks lots,

-Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

What I will say is this. If it were not for this forum I would not be as confident about starting GV soon as I am now.

I only heard about this forum at my medical. It was actually my chaperone who told be about it. Not another candidate, but an actual officer who has been working for the PSNI this year's. When I got home I looked it up immediately.

That was about 6 weeks ago, and I've read every thread at least twice. The advice is invaluable and to have found this forum so early on, yous are very fortunate. I wish I had found it sooner. Reading the posts from Mop a top and Mikeonejuliet and all the rest of them have given me knowledge I never thought I would get before starting, and I don't want to imagine what would happen if I started GV in 5 weeks time without having that knowledge.

I've talked to people on here, and I genuinely think I've made some friends before I've even started. I know we talk some amount of **** on here, but again, it's forging relationships with people you WILL have to depend on once you start training. I view this site as a massive advantage, and not a lot of recruits know about it. We are the lucky few.

Continue your life, stay updated with the boards, chat **** if you want to, but just remember. We're all one big team on here, fighting for the same thing.

awww, thanks hun! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭iamveryhopeful

Drummer64 wrote: »
    Love this place, see you there Burner. Me and you will be bursting out if GV all 21 jump Street!

yeah!!! I hope it gunna mirror 21 jump street completely.

I'm like channing tatum...... minus the good looks.....and the humour.....in fact just the stupidity part.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Delilahbeau

I don't suppose you can recall when exactly in summer? (Longshot I know) I've just scored mid 80s and I'm due to go away for most of June.. So just wondering.

Not a baldie my friend. If you route through the starting garnerville thread you may be able to find out (That is a long shot though)

I know there was an intake in August, but I'm not sure if it was the first. Submit an FOI for intake information if you really want to find out for sure. They probably won't give you specific dates for security, but they should give you intake numbers and intakes months for all of C2. Just am idea though

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭shanevendrell

Wouldn't it just make so much more sense to eventually process EVERYONE who passed the AC rather than spending vast amounts of money paying Deloitte to start another campaign say later this year or early next year?

I know this could be said for both campaigns 1 and 2, but if money is as tight as they say, show some sense and process all those appointable rather than cutting off say mid 60s and starting all over again later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TWOTHREEUP

Been lurking for a while myself. Didn't get the pass email, scored between 45 and 50% just wondering if anyone on the previous campaigns scored this or below and managed to pass on the more recent ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

I work with an ex cop atm and I'm pickling his head with the amount of questions atm lol "when will I get called.. how many are called per squad.. how far apart are the calls" lol I'm goin mad. Need to get training, haven't bothered Cuz I was sure I failed AC. The main worry I have is my medical, I've had physio for a gammy knee and shoulder and I'm also on anti anxiety meds and see a psychologist haha falling apart boys. What yous think?

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Bunsen1burner

Wouldn't it just make so much more sense to eventually process EVERYONE who passed the AC rather than spending vast amounts of money paying Deloitte to start another campaign say later this year or early next year?

I know this could be said for both campaigns 1 and 2, but if money is as tight as they say, show some sense and process all those appointable rather than cutting off say mid 60s and starting all over again later this year.

Anyone any idea as to how many they could recruit from 1509?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

Hi, all. Another first time poster here. I received a low 60 pass in the recruitment centre just gone. Hopeful for a future call up, training and getting on with everything else in the mean time. Nice to meet you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LadyABC

blueboat wrote: »
    Hi, all. Another first time poster here. I received a low 60 pass in the recruitment centre just gone. Hopeful for a future call up, training and getting on with everything else in the mean time. Nice to meet you all.

Hi blueboat! Well done on your pass!

TWOTHREEUP wrote: »
    Been lurking for a while myself. Didn't get the pass email, scored between 45 and 50% just wondering if anyone on the previous campaigns scored this or below and managed to pass on the more recent ones?

Guilty!

My first AC was high 40's. I was equally cross and embarrassed. Think I might have even tried to appeal lol.
    Next one took a big jump but still a fail and finally a pass this year :D

It very much can be done. You now have the experience of how it all works so you'll be better placed for next time.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭yet another lurker

Hi

Nine years ago when I first passed The AC we were able to call the PSNI and ask for our merit list number.
    Does anyone know if this is still the case and has anyone tried?
    It was a good way of gauging things.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭blueboat

LadyABC wrote: »
    Hi blueboat! Well done on your pass!

Thanks LadyABC, it was my second attempt at the AC so very happy to get the pass. Glad to have came across this board. Lots of great advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mkelly123

Hi Folks, First timer here aswell.

Got my email on 15th saying I passed the AC with 77%. Was over the moon tbh.

I received a letter from PSNI on Friday passed saying my application was know being processed by them. Is this just a general letter to all applicants who had passed?

Getting nervous now as you think your getting close but still have much more to do.

Great info on this site bdw. answered a lot of my questions.

mkelly123 wrote: »

I received a letter from PSNI on Friday passed saying my application was know being processed by them. Is this just a general letter to all applicants who had passed?

Getting nervous now as you think your getting close but still have much more to do.

Welcome :)

In answer to your question; yes it appears to be a letter of acknowledgement.

Now get over to this thread and join the fun!

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057586972/1

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Everyone get this letter?
    mkelly123 wrote: »

Add your reply here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Momc82

Bounce over to http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057586972/1
    Not everyone has received the letter yet. I included.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭SamC321

Thanks!!
    Momc82 wrote: »
    Bounce over to http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057586972/1
    Not everyone has received the letter yet. I included.
    Add your reply here.

70-80 score for me and hey all

VETTING FORM HAS ARRIVED!

VETTING FORM HAS ARRIVED!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hi,

Just in preparation for the next campaign I was curious as to whether there exists preparation courses for the assessment centre?

If so did people find them worthwile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    Hi,

Just in preparation for the next campaign I was curious as to whether there exists preparation courses for the assessment centre?

If so did people find them worthwile?

I have never spoken about my secret weapon, but I genuinely put my pass down to it.

I purchased books from an eBay auction written by Richard McMunn. (Cost me £30 for 7 books)

Books:

How 2 Become a Police Officer
    Police Interview Questions and Answers
    Police Role-play Exercises
    Police Tests (Testing Series)
    Other books on the IST

I read and digested the information, it literally told me key buzz words and sentences I should always use. such as "I will personally take responsibility in following this through and I will update you throughout".

Passed my AC with flying colours and it's down to the above.

//I went to classes before and they were useless (in my opinion) so don't waste your money on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

D4z wrote: »
    I have never spoken about my secret weapon, but I genuinely put my pass down to it.

I purchased books from an eBay auction written by Richard McMunn. (Cost me £30 for 7 books)

Books:

Other books on the IST

I read and digested the information, it literally told me key buzz words and sentences I should always use. such as "I will personally take responsibility in following this through and I will update you throughout".

//I went to classes before and they were useless (in my opinion) so don't waste your money on them.

If you're successful in this campaign would you be interested in selling ? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

MrBlack93 wrote: »
    D4z wrote: »

I purchased books from an eBay auction written by Richard McMunn. (Cost me 30 for 7 books)

Books:

Other books on the IST

If you're successful in this campaign would you be interested in selling ? :D:D:D

I'm sure we could work something out, I'll let you know once my medical results are through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DonutSquad

The assessment centre is probably the bit I'm most apprehensive about for the upcoming recruitment.

Any chance of someone outlining the process followed at the assessment centre and also any advice on how best to prepare for this?

(Without me having to read through all 391 previous pages on this thread...)

Advertisement