Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Joe Brolly

Options
  • 18-09-2017 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

I have to comment on his carry on yesterday, I thought he was an absolute disgrace. Wouldn't let anybody speak and kept cutting across Pat Spillane when he was trying to talk. He was at it again on the Sunday Game last night. He has a serious chip on his shoulder and you can see the other panelists getting more and more annoyed each day they're unfortunate enough to share a studio with him.

My wife, who rarely says a bad word about anyone, had to leave the room yesterday as she can't even look at the television when he's on it. He's a terribly rude individual and he takes from the Sunday Game with his nonsense. I would love to see RTE cut him for next year. It's not like he's controversial or even good viewing like Eamonn Dunphy, he's just a complete ignoramus who offers nothing to the analysis only spiteful and nonsensical rubbish.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Im in total agreement.
    He has no manners whatsoever.
    And is always going off on some waffle that has nothing to do with the match.

in fact I think that trio of spillane, o Rourke and Brolly are intolerable at this stage and have been kept in their jobs for far too long in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I found it funny,one minute they were saying how great Dublin are and next they are on about splitting the county up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Reckon Joe Brolly is the best of the GAA pundits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

Didn't he make a smart comment about the singer too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He has a bit of an ego it seems.

He shouldn't have gone on tv last night. Clearly under the influence.

Can't say I've ever been too impressed by his thoughts, he goes down the dunphy path of being controversial just for the sake of getting attention. It's all a bit fake and tawdry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭cnoc

mikeysmith wrote: »

I wouldn't blame him!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

mikeysmith wrote: »

Yeah that was bad in itself but the way looked around to see who was laughing made it worse (coz nobody was laughing)

• Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Brolly is the only reason I bother watching the analysis, yea he's a bit OTT sometimes but at least he's willing to say the things the others are too afraid to say. Spillane is alright but I find O'Rourke mind-numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Yeah that was bad in itself but the way looked around to see who was laughing made it worse (coz nobody was laughing)

What did he say?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Joe Brolly is always going to rub up a certain amount of the viewers the wroing way. He's incredibly opinionated and generally loathes anyone who disagrees with him. He's also very pro Ulster and anti Munster.

This being said, he is an insightful pundit and generally calls out teams out well in terms of identifying strengths and establishing weaknesses. Colm O Rourke, does none of this generally. Brolly brings edge and a solid tactical analysis which is overall pretty decent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I can't stand the little bollocks and have no respect for a single word he says, but the worst thing about him is his constant talking over the other panelists.

The camera will be on somebody else who is trying to articulate a point and all you can hear is Brolly muttering inane one liners and disrupting the speakers train of thought. Its disgracefully rude and unprofessional, and it also says nothing good about the likes of Lyster that he is happy to allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The only real gripe I have with Brolly is that he does interrupt the others too much and butts in. Just leave others have their say and then counter that if you like. I can understsnd Whelans frustration with him last night for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Mr Starman

I like Joe Brolly, he seems like a fun person. I think he talks over Spillane on purpose, I would too.

Always a bit of devilment going on with him and he has a grown up job, a lawyer. Not like Spillane, O'Rourke and Dolan (all teachers) never made it past the school gate. Those who don't like Brolly tend obviously enough to be teachers. Most teachers have superiority complex. they're adults who never grew up really.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

What did he say?

It sounds silly but as a musician it's something you'd knock someone out over... They mentioned she sang in Vegas for mcgregor and Brolly said "and she's still out of tune"

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The only real gripe I have with Brolly is that he does interrupt the others too much and butts in. Just leave others have their say and then counter that if you like. I can understsnd Whelans frustration with him last night for example.

He was clearly pissd last night. He was even ruder and more belligerent than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mr Starman wrote: »
    I like Joe Brolly, he seems like a fun person. I think he talks over Spillane on purpose, I would too.

Always a bit of devilment going on with him and he has a grown up job, a lawyer. Not like Spillane, O'Rourke and Dolan (all teachers) never made it past the school gate. Those who don't like Brolly tend obviously enough to be teachers. Most teachers have superiority complex. they're adults who never grew up really.

Thats a load of tosh:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Great pundit and a great man.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Egotistical Clown of the highest order.

How RTE put up with him is beyond me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

He's a joke andis yet another reason to avoid watching games on RTE wherever possible.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,356 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Jayop wrote: »
    He's a joke andis yet another reason to avoid watching games on RTE wherever possible.

I am shocked that the Tyrone man doesn't like him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Been a kerry man and all . But PS is the biggest gob sht .every time he opens his mouth I think his head get bigger and bigger .
    What a opinion he has .
    No one can do it like a kerry man so he says

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I can understsnd Whelans frustration with him last night for example.

In all fairness he did shut up then, I'd say he's the sort who's used to having to shout to have a say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭rpurfield

As a group the three of them lag miles behind Ciaran Whelan, Dessie Dolan and Marc O'Se, and miles behind the Sky lads. I generally knock a game on about two minutes before it starts and get up and do something productive at half time. They add nothing to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Davys Fits

Brolly is a disgrace as was O Rourke last night talking about splitting Dublin on the night of their 3 in a row achievement. Marc O Shea could do with an injection of life at times. Whelan is the pick of them

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭northknife

Hi Joe, if you keep touching my arm some other poor soul is going to be getting the use of the rest of your organs.

Apart from that I think he's not the worst pundit.

He comes across as a short arsed smart aleck. If he could rein in the grinning and constant attempts to talk over and get some smart comment in, he'd be a lot better, because his analysis can be interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Jobs OXO

Didn't he someone half his liver or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭snowflaker

See you next Tuesday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stoner wrote: »
    In all fairness he did shut up then, I'd say he's the sort who's used to having to shout to have a say

Ya after he was trying to butt on twice
    After already having his say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement