Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Divinity:Original Sin 2

Options
  • 14-09-2017 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

I'm a Big Fan of the 1st one and have seen nothing on here about the Sequel..
    Anyone getting/got this?

Developer & Publisher: Larian Studios
    Release date: 14th September 2017 (worldwide)
    Platforms: PC (Windows) GOG + Steam
    Genre: 3D CRPG
    Price: £29.99/$44.99/44,99€
    Players: Single + multiplayer
    (online co-op up to 4 players, local co-op max. 2 players)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Just replaying the first in co op with my friend. What a game :) can't wait to play the second. Seems like very little hype around it though even though the first was a goty contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Yeah, I backed the second one since I loved the first.
    I played a bit of the demo with a mate, seems to be more of the same fun combat.

Looking forward to 4 player chaos, friendly fire was my speciality the first time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Im still working my way through the first one on PS4,i got it and put it down for months,just got back to it a few weeks ago and am loving it although being fairly novice at these type of rpg's,i just love the world and the small details..

i bought 2 on Steam a while back and have been messing about with it.. looks like another winner!

Strange that theres not much hype about for it..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was also going to play through the first one over the next few weeks. Started it when they released it, but didn't stick with it for some reason. The other good isometric style rpg's that were released over the last two years put them back on my radar though, and looking forward to playing through both of them.

Is the 2nd a follow on to the original, or it's own story?

Kiith wrote: »
    I was also going to play through the first one over the next few weeks. Started it when they released it, but didn't stick with it for some reason. The other good isometric style rpg's that were released over the last two years put them back on my radar though, and looking forward to playing through both of them.

Is the 2nd a follow on to the original, or it's own story?

Its set 1000 years in the future so i dont think playing through the 1st one is necessary in order to play it

• Advertisement

Coh is streaming it from the start right now..

http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,001 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Backed the Kickstarter way back when. Won't get to play it until Sunday but can't wait to start. The first had probably the best turn-based combat I've ever played at least, I started playing it and just couldn't stop until I finished it. This was before the Enhanced Edition came out so didn't play that unfortunately, maybe I'll play through the first again some time in the future.

I went into the first one totally blind in fact, I think I saw a video of someone using a fire spell to boil a river and then electrifying the subsequent cloud of steam and just thinking that looked ****ing awesome, I love the way you can take advantage of the environment and all the freedom it gives you.

Also I think it hit the top seller spot at least for its launch day which is a huge achievement considering the absolute monster that is PUBG at the moment, which seems to be selling a million copies every second week at the moment. Bodes well for Divinity:OS3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Im still working my way through the first one on PS4,i got it and put it down for months,just got back to it a few weeks ago and am loving it although being fairly novice at these type of rpg's,i just love the world and the small details..

i bought 2 on Steam a while back and have been messing about with it.. looks like another winner!

Strange that theres not much hype about for it..

They released it weirdly tbf. It's been in early access for a year like, so a lot of people have already played a good amount of it.

titan18 wrote: »
    They released it weirdly tbf. It's been in early access for a year like, so a lot of people have already played a good amount of it.

It was only the first area that was in EA,there was no Voice acting in it either,also the Undead class was not available either,the update was 20GB,ontop of the original 6GB..

I played about 5hours of it last night and there is a notable difference between them.. Its already a massive improvement on the 1st one..

I'm torn between playing through the 1st...first, or just buying the 2nd and starting that this weekend.

What's the story like in the first game?

• Advertisement

I'm torn between playing through the 1st...first, or just buying the 2nd and starting that this weekend.

Its good,there is a connection between to two (Same Bad Guys) but 1000 years apart..

You could play them in any order if you wanted to,ive not finished 1 yet,but jumped into 2 ..

Also PS4 controller scheme Confirmed! and its really good

Playing it in the living room on the TV..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Must go back to the first one again. I recall getting so far and then hitting a brick wall. Boss battle that I could not win. When I wnet back after a while I had no idea where I had to go. Might start again. think ill reroll a character.

*Went to install on Steam and see my original copy has been upgraded to Enhanced Edition.

The story is alright, they redid the ending though and I never played that updated version of it.

The first game shines in the freedom it gives you to solve problems, your interaction with the environment and in it's combat mechanics, no bones about it, they are it's strengths.

If you have 60-80 hours to spend it's a brilliant game. I highly recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Worth playing the 1st one as a coop game?

i am and im loving it, the oh **** moments are great, like when you accidentally kill your team mate the whole time haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Worth the 45 price tag?

Worth the 45 price tag?

Yes absolutely. It's a top tier RPG.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Yes absolutely. It's a top tier RPG.

Tough game though?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im also debating whether to play the first one or jump straight into the second one? I think Ill have to play 1 first, if I dont enjoy 2 Ill think thats the reason, if I do enjoy it Ill be wondering if Id be enjoying it more having finished the first one...

• Advertisement

Are you supposed to buy a bunch of equipment for all your characters at the start? I have next to nothing on half of them. I'm used to games handing me at least 1 set of armour at the start.

I haven't started the 2nd yet, but while playing the 1st, i really don't like the idea of controlling two characters dialogue. Not sure why, but it feels weird agreeing/disagreeing with myself when i'm controlling them both.

cant you pick a lone wolf trait to go with one character or something?

cant you pick a lone wolf trait to go with one character or something?

Yep,you can do that alright

Ah ok, i figured that was for if you played through without any companions, not that you start with just one.

Does only having one companion impact the game much, other than making it harder?

Ah ok, i figured that was for if you played through without any companions, not that you start with just one.

Does only having one companion impact the game much, other than making it harder?

Ive not done that,i reckon Combat would be fairly tricky,probably best to play it through with companions first run

Also you would loose out on a fair bit of lore too..

Couple of reviews coming in, jist so far seems to be it's one of the best RPGs ever to come to PC.

I accidentally killed Griff and his cohorts. I picked the undead lad. I was buying a nice pair of shorts off Griff so I sold the ones I had one. In the transaction my current shorts were unequipped. They went nuts when they saw my boney knees.

a Soldier Guarding the prison on the island murdered my cat..

• Advertisement

bigphil2 wrote: »
    a Soldier Guarding the prison on the island murdered my cat..

I KNOW

I reloaded the game and he hasn't died this second time but dammit that soldier better leave my cat alone. I think I'm going to murder everyone (every magister at least) in Fort Joy if I can before leaving.

Advertisement