Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a lager.

Options
  • 12-09-2017 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭

As above. I thoroughly enjoy spaten, budweiser budvar, staropramen and peroni. Can anyone recommend a pilsner or something superior tham above.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Have you tried Urquell?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A few decent ones off the top of my head:

Brooklyn Lager
    Harviestoun Schiehallion
    Brooklyn Insulated (black lager)
    Rogue Dirtoir (black lager)

Although I haven't seen the Rogue one around for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Passenger wrote: »
    Have you tried Urquell?

No not yet is it decent?

Zaph wrote: »
    A few decent ones off the top of my head:

Brooklyn Lager
    Harviestoun Schiehallion
    Brooklyn Insulated (black lager)
    Rogue Dirtoir (black lager)

Although I haven't seen the Rogue one around for a while.

Thank you meaning to try the brooklyn lager

• Registered Users Posts: 33,878 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Whitewater Belfast Lager is good too, although I haven't had one in it must be two years now.

If you're turning your nose up at Spaten, Urquell, Budvar, Staropramen, then maybe lager/pilsner isn't the beer style for you. It's cold, it's dry(ish) and relatively lacking in flavour but that doesn't mean it's not good beer or not enjoyable. If it's more complex flavours you're after there are plenty of other beer styles to try and it's fun trying something new.

Heverlee (pseudo-craft from C&C) is pretty bad though.

For a different take on lager you could try Tsingtao or Asahi Super Dry.

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement

Whitewater Belfast Lager is good too, although I haven't had one in it must be two years now.

If you're turning your nose up at Spaten, Urquell, Budvar, Staropramen, then maybe lager/pilsner isn't the beer style for you. It's cold, it's dry(ish) and relatively lacking in flavour but that doesn't mean it's not good beer or not enjoyable. If it's more complex flavours you're after there are plenty of other beer styles to try and it's fun trying something new.

Heverlee (pseudo-craft from C&C) is pretty bad though.

For a different take on lager you could try Tsingtao or Asahi Super Dry.

no as said above i enjoy spaten budvar and the others, will try tsingtao heard its meant to be nice. thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I tried the Mont Pilsner and really liked it, made in Wicklow

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

+1 for Mont. Fischer's Helles is pretty good. It's draught only. The beatings of Budvar and Spaten is a tough ask, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Treat city, Hells gate lager from Limerick is very good. But haven't seen it up Dublin way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

I really like Trouble Brewing Last Crash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

Bohemian Barefoot by 8° is a great pils.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Harp.

Advertisement