Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

October Intake

• 03-07-2017 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

A thread for those entering GV in October 2017

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 SneakyBeaky

Hey guys! Thought I make a start in a new thread for those of us who have a confirmed start in October.
    Hope you've all got your welcome packs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Sydnor87

Not yet. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow.

Do you know if you put down preferences for districts or is it just selected for you?
    Welcome pack just states that you'll be told your probable district at induction!

Wow Syd, this is going to be some squad ;-P Still 3 months away though so a few more might join us before then. Lol

Still no welcome pack. Waiting patiently, lol.

• Advertisement

To be honest there not much in it. I've a few questions I'll pm you when you eventually receive yours! Lol

Anybody get a nice letter today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Phoenix170

Yes!! Im in for October as well

Great! Will be great to finally meet you all!

Hard to believe the time is almost on us. Nerves and excitement are building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Homer01

Phoenix170 wrote: »
    Yes!! Im in for October as well

One post and away lol
    That was hardly worth the effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

Under what grounds or viable grounds can you appeal your district under ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Robyn O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Robyn O wrote: »
    Usually very little. Has to be a huge reason that you can't work there, ie safety or jeopardizing your family. When you sign up you agree that you are willing to work anywhere in the province

If you do get posted to a station/district that doesn't work for you can you request a transfer? And if so can you do it whilst a probationer?

Just thinking aloud more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭majgreen

Homer01 wrote: »
    If you do get posted to a station/district that doesn't work for you can you request a transfer? And if so can you do it whilst a probationer?

Just thinking aloud more than anything.

You can appeal the decision but it rarely works. Once you're in station you'll have to complete your 2 year probation before you can put in a transfer request. You'll probably need to complete another years service on top of your probation before it goes through though. I've never seen/heard of a probationer transfer inside their first 3 years!

majgreen wrote: »
    You can appeal the decision but it rarely works. Once you're in station you'll have to complete your 2 year probation before you can put in a transfer request. You'll probably need to complete another years service on top of your probation before it goes through though. I've never seen/heard of a probationer transfer inside their first 3 years!

Thanks Maj. I was thinking it would be something like that.

Advertisement