Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

garda reserve recruitment

Options
  • 23-08-2017 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I passed my interview for the Garda reserves and the last correspondence was sending info left out of the BR form on the 4th of July. I haven't heard anything since. Has anybody else waited this long? is there an email I can enquire about it? thank you :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Ciano1997

I passed my interview for the Garda reserves and the last correspondence was sending info left out of the BR form on the 4th of July. I haven't heard anything since. Has anybody else waited this long? is there an email I can enquire about it? thank you :)

Your lucky you've heard back . I'm still waiting for the next stage. I wouldn't mind, I applied for the Reserves well before the Trainee campaign and I've completed 2 stages already? Where are you based & how much did you qualify by?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭gem112

I had my interview at end of May,had my interview with Sgt two weeks ago and am waiting on my interview with the super.....has moved quicker then I thought it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rachelbyrne524

Ciano1997 wrote: »
    Your lucky you've heard back . I'm still waiting for the next stage. I wouldn't mind, I applied for the Reserves well before the Trainee campaign and I've completed 2 stages already? Where are you based & how much did you qualify by?

I placed 33 in the first stage and was invited to stage 2 the end of May and heard the start of June I was successful but needed to send of info I was missing on my BR form but hsvrnt heard anything since? Everything was so fast and then just came to a stop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rachelbyrne524

gem112 wrote: »
    I had my interview at end of May,had my interview with Sgt two weeks ago and am waiting on my interview with the super.....has moved quicker then I thought it would.

I'm confused as I wasn't aware of 3 different interviews? I met with the sergeant and another lady from public jobs I think and got an email like a week later to say I was successful. Then I got an email I was missing a d.o.b from my BR and haven't heard anything since. It was all so quick then just came to a stop

Yes you have to meet your local sgt....he goes through ur BR form,references,Your garda reference if you gave one and why u want to join..... should take no more then 20 mins.more like an informal chat ... then he sends it to the local superintendent where u have more of a formal interview on why u want to join.... then you do the medical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

When I joined it took 18 months from Public Jobs application to getting an email to commence training in the college

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Jonnymurphy

Anybody get an email today for results for interview for dublin that was on sat 26th August
    I passed just wondering how long to the next stage thanks

Hi guys.. anyone apply this year for the Reserves ? I got an e-mail to say I passed staged 1, I scored in the low 400's and still haven't heard back, anyone close to my score got onto stage 2 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jwin6

Hi guys I have my interview this Saturday. Could anyone give me some advice on the questions they were asked? I would really appreciate it, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Skydiver1961

Jwin6 wrote: »
    Hi guys I have my interview this Saturday. Could anyone give me some advice on the questions they were asked? I would really appreciate it, thanks.

Listen to the questions and dont waffle .... They will be based on the info you supplied on your application form . If you dont understand the question ask them to repeat it. Keep eye contact with whoever asks the question. Sit straight in the chair , keep your hands still. They are not trying to trip you up ...they are trying to assess how suited you are for the reserve. Know who the commissioner is , what the rank structure is , a brief idea of the duties a Reserve is allowed to perform ....All of that can be found on Garda.ie ....Stay calm and breathe .......Be positive about all things never negative....They will ask why you want to join ....so have your answer prepared. They will ask about a time youe were under pressure ..What did you do ....They will ask you about a dangerous situation you were in and how did you handle it ...Conflict resolution etc .......My interview was over 9 years ago but just some of the things they asked me...... You will have approx 30 mins or less to impress them ..Be direct with your answers and keep to the point .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Jwin6

Thanks so much, I really appreciate your advice, hopefully it goes well!

As skydiver said they are not trying to trip you up..... take your time... and don't waffle

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Willm5499

Hey lads & ladies,

I had my written & interview for the reserves on Saturday 26th, it couldn't have went better. I received an email on the Tuesday to say I had passed both so I am chuffed. The next part of the process is to meet with the local superintendent or inspector. Does anyone know how long it takes for the PAS to contact you from the confirmation of passing ? Thanks Will

Hi Rachel,

As frustrating as it is to be waiting, when leaving the second stage written & interview they gave me a sheet. That outlines the next steps in the application process & it does say background checks take a minimum of 4 months. I only done mine on 26th August & they got back to me on the Tuesday to say I had passed both. Il probably try forget about the next stage & that way when you do get the call you'll be excited..

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭SO7378

Willm5499 wrote: »
    Hey lads & ladies,

I had my written & interview for the reserves on Saturday 26th, it couldn't have went better. I received an email on the Tuesday to say I had passed both so I am chuffed. The next part of the process is to meet with the local superintendent or inspector. Does anyone know how long it takes for the PAS to contact you from the confirmation of passing ? Thanks Will

Hey man! Yeah same with me! I was the sataurday too, i got called in early as ALOT didnt show, i was talking to a higher Garda Official, he said once you pass interview it moves fairly quickly providing they have everything they need and all details are correct, im guessing it will be soon? The interviews are still in progress so id say in about a week or so when all are done we will get word... then again ive been told there moving a bunch of applications every second day.. so its in the Gards hands now not the public appointments service so id imagine they woulf give us a call fairly soon!

Hi Rachel,

As frustrating as it is to be waiting, when leaving the second stage written & interview they gave me a sheet. That outlines the next steps in the application process & it does say background checks take a minimum of 4 months. I only done mine on 26th August & they got back to me on the Tuesday to say I had passed both. Il probably try forget about the next stage & that way when you do get the call you'll be excited..

The next class is expected to start within two months from now, id say the "4 months" is just figure as a guide as people on the end of the train may have to wait that long, for example the people doing interviews this week, i believe interviews are finishing up this week... all thats left is a medical and that should go fine for anyone in fairly good shape!
    Looking foreward to it...but between the full time and reserves all this up and down from dublin is driving me mad 😂

I was interviewed at end of May.... have done Sgt interview.... Sgt has contacted all my referees.... just waiting on interview with the super......

Has anyone been offered a place in training yet

I placed 434 , still waiting for stage 2? Anyone know what's the hold up. It's annoying me seeming everyone progress and I'm still waiting around? I just seen that someone posted that this is the last week of interviews? If so, is this the end for me??

Ciano I wouldn't be panicking. If you have any concerns just ring the HQ & explain your query have your candidate number handy incase they ask ya, best of luck....

Ciano I wouldn't be panicking. If you have any concerns just ring the HQ & explain your query have your candidate number handy incase they ask ya, best of luck....

Cheers will, I'm from the Dublin sector and so far I've only seen candidates progress from didn't counties? I'll ring them tomorrow after work , appericate your reply pal!

• Advertisement

I placed 434 , still waiting for stage 2? Anyone know what's the hold up. It's annoying me seeming everyone progress and I'm still waiting around? I just seen that someone posted that this is the last week of interviews? If so, is this the end for me??

Ciano I wouldn't be panicking. If you have any concerns just ring the HQ & explain your query have your candidate number handy incase they ask ya, best of luck

I was interviewed at end of May.... have done Sgt interview.... Sgt has contacted all my referees.... just waiting on interview with the super......

Has anyone been offered a place in training yet

Hey i passed my interview last sataurday, i still waiting for SGT interview/Chat ... i doubt anyone has been given training date yet as medicals i believe havent started but will be soon

Cheers will, I'm from the Dublin sector and so far I've only seen candidates progress from didn't counties? I'll ring them tomorrow after work , appericate your reply pal!

Not at all, its great to see so many people on this page actually have the same thing in common in the gaurds & that drives me even more to help anyone who needs it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Trackerjacker

SO7378 wrote: »
    Hey i passed my interview last sataurday, i still waiting for SGT interview/Chat ... i doubt anyone has been given training date yet as medicals i believe havent started but will be soon

How do you know it will be soon? Tbh I can't see it being this year.

Just got word have interview with inspector tomorrow

Just got word have interview with inspector tomorrow

Hi Gem, did you get a phone call or email ?

Phone call

Phone call

Thanks, best of luck...

Inspector interview done and dusted.......got good feed back..... now to wait on medical

• Advertisement

How do you know it will be soon? Tbh I can't see it being this year.

My local chief super. Told me.. there expecting a class to start soon ... interviews ate finishing up this week i believe

Advertisement