Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wildcard Poll

• 11-09-2017 3:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

The first International Break is generally the point when a significant proportion of managers have either used their wildcard, or are planning to use it soon. Good to get an idea of how many have pressed the button to date

I'm going to stick a finger in the air and say 50% will have used their wildcards by next week...

When are you using the Wildcard? 38 votes

Already used it (GW1 - GW4)
    0%
    Activated it this week (GW5)
    57%
    the whole year innJoeyjoejoe43bofpatmaceoghan104clawShanotheslayercallaway92mcgoochAdpRoSteelyDanJalapenomanual_manBrian201888Paully DitsnotmyfaultNoviGlitzkoalchemist33McBain11Kankan14danganabu 22 votes
    Activating it next week (GW6)
    18%
    SparkoInvinciblejkelly85dr.kenneth noisewaterThe MegaphonepimpmyhatPorthallian 7 votes
    No immediate plans to activate
    23%
    dsmythyFather HernandezradharcBOHtoxjay0109sheroman01v6e5qzawyrc3jnstephenl15Darrenon91 9 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Activating it next week (GW6)
    activated it last night, just wasnt happy with too many players in my team and struggling the past 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No immediate plans to activate
    Activating next week. Need to do 6/7 transfers, team in good shape but transfers are necessary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Used it the week before the international break, for GW3. Was just really unhappy with my team. Don't think there's any perfect time to use it, as in a set GW. The best time to use it is totally different for each side - when you have lots of issues to sort, or chances to get in a batch of players on a price rise who you want for the foreseeable future, etc. Happy enough I used mine, as it got me moving in a better direction I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

This is the longest I've ever held it I think :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

No immediate plans..have taken two hits so far to steady the still sinking ship!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Holding on this week again. My worst start ever but not that much wrong with my team and value problems not an issue so much.

May go next week, but not out of the question to keep it till GW7 or 8.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Still have it, gonna hold off for the moment and assess if any big changes are needed over the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Did mine last week and made a dogs bollix of it. 34 points and team in an awful state. Would have had 56 if I had left it alone. Will I ever learn?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Feel this might be a year to hang on a bit and that's what I've done so far (team in relatively good shape overall).

Still very unclear to me which big strikers to go for. I think a lot ditched Aguero at the start or when he was dropped, but I still think the guy has the potential for huge points (more so than Jesus), and City have some tasty fixtures coming up. Then you have Morata looking value, Kane, Lukaku, Firmino, maybe even Vardy being some value. So hoping the next 2 GWs or so will make this more clear - will Kane and Spurs struggle at Wembley?, have United 100% solved the issue of not being able to break down teams that park the bus?, will Aguero be rested again or used more as a 10 than a 9?

Then you have a few players looking very interesting who were absolutely not on my radar last week - Choupo-Moting, Gross, Doucoure. Will be interesting to learn a little more about them.

2 seasons ago when Leicester made a great start, those who jumped on the bandwagon and WC'd early were well rewarded but feel this year is a little different.

It all depends on the situation of the team though as has been said. I was lucky enough to pick a decent starting team, gamble on not including Kane paid off (for August at least), a few bad calls (Palace players) but nothing FTs and one points hit couldn't resolve.

An early WC is definitely a good idea if your starting team isn't cutting it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have made a reasonably solid start (OR 137K) so will hang on for another bit unless something drastic happens.

Took a hit to get Kane in a couple of weeks ago which has paid off; took another one this week to get Pogba/Walters out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Previous comment and vote before Pogba injury

Advertisement