Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Fantasy Football League - NFL.com redraft

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gerryfed

Cheers lads!

Up to 9 players now (either joined or invite sent). And waiting to hear back from Stev88 who is keen, plus 2-3 others I found on boards who may be interested.

So we'll have 10 anyways, and if we can get to 12 then even better!

If we have 10 players in the end, I'll make it 7 on the bench. Means people will be able to have more players, and then make people trade etc in theory I think. Any other rule/set-up suggestions, speak now or forever hold your peace :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Just something I'm sure you're aware of, the league has to be "full" an hour before the draft or else it won't go ahead- got an email to that fact this morning. Just in case you need to delete slots if they're not full by 8 tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Jasondeans86er

by my count I would be no.9 so if you only get 9 I will drop out. J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

You can add a 10th team to be a dummy team and just add a proper owner after the draft

by my count I would be no.9 so if you only get 9 I will drop out. J

No you're good mate! With you its 10, will send an invite now! Then Stev88 makes it 11. And i've got a pal who would play if needs be so we should be good for 12. But hopefully someone else responds here first.

And yeah, need it all confirmed before 8pm tonight alright, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Just looking at the roster spots:

QB
    RB
    RB
    WR
    WR
    TE
    RB / WR
    Flex (assume WR / RB / TE)
    K
    ST

Then six bench spots

That look like you intended?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Just looking at the roster spots:

QB
    RB
    RB
    WR
    WR
    TE
    RB / WR
    Flex (assume WR / RB / TE)
    K
    ST

Then six bench spots

That look like you intended?

You that's it! The usual set up, plus one open flex spot! That alright? Pretty common in custom leagues nowadays

That's fine. Just make sure the open flex spot isn't QB, cause that's a very different beast altogether.

9 teams in - make it a 10 team league at this stage?

That's fine. Just make sure the open flex spot isn't QB, cause that's a very different beast altogether.

9 teams in - make it a 10 team league at this stage?

Would have liked to do a superflex but didn't think people would be keen so I left it.

Yeah, waiting on @wong to accept and that makes 10. Haven't heard back from Stev88 yet. Will leave it till 7.30 and then cut it off. More than likely will be 10 team though.

Still unsure whether to do 6 or 7 on the bench. Less talent on waivers means more trading, which I like... keeps everyone active and engaged...

Go 7 sure, no biggie

• Advertisement

Go 7 sure, no biggie

Yeah just did there.

Top 4 make playoffs in week 15 and 16, yeah? Can't do top 6 in a 10 team league, seems ridiculous.

It's going to be a 10 team league WHEN wong accepts his invite :/ cutting it fine though!

Yeah four from 10 perfect.

If he doesn't come back to you maybe create a throwaway email account and use that? You can pass over the email / account login details to him. Or to someone else if necessary

Lads, Wong has stopped responding to PMs now :/ I've added my old email to that account and am hoping to just let that autodraft. Not ideal but the show must go on I guess. Sorry for this, looked like it was all under control....

Draft is 9pm!

We'll have a team for someone to grab in due course

Yeah just annoyed it's come to this haha. The draft window is now open if anyone wants to log on and find out their draft position! Spoiler: I'm 9th!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Won't let me join man.

Sorry was at work, thought I had joined when I clicked the link.

Can I still get in?

wong wrote: »
    Won't let me join man.

Sorry was at work, thought I had joined when I clicked the link.

Can I still get in?

I've sent you a new link to add you as a joint owner

Cheers man, sorry about the inconvenience

Just waiting on the email now

Cheers for tonight lads! As far as I'm aware, the league starts tonight (hopefully we've drafted in time)! Make sure to set your line ups if you have Pats or Chiefs!

Any questions, post here or PM me!

• Advertisement

Enjoyed that. Some great drafting. Really like the look of the Grinders, have to play them week one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

yeah great craic. First time drafting for any kind of PPR league so I was probably all over the place. Tried to get different players than my other team. Looking forward to seeing how the season goes!

Sorry I wasn't in the draft. Could have sworn I joined the league earlier but was crazy with work.

What's the damage on the autodrafted team?

Sorry I wasn't in the draft. Could have sworn I joined the league earlier but was crazy with work.

What's the damage on the autodrafted team?

Did you rename them? Not sure which team it is now

Lads, with all the confusion over the autodraft team... and trying to add an owner... I ended up sending the invite out to 2 people.

Stev88 was the first one to accept the invite correctly so the league is now full. So there is no spot for Wong unfortunately, sorry :/

Partly my fault, partly trying to fill the league on really short notice, and partly from owners not PMing back or accepting the league invite correctly/on time. I was running around like a blue ar$e fly in the build up to the draft and it simultaneously chasing 2-3 people by PM to get i sorted.

Apologies to all for the mess, but was tough going trying to get a league fully set up in like 36 hours.

Edit: All whilst trying to entertain my new neighbours who we were meeting for the 1st time!

No need to apologise man. I understand how much of a hassle it is to organise leagues first hand.

Best of luck with the season guys.

I believe you are in the Keeper league anyway gerryfed so I'll put a beating on you in that ;)

No need to apologise man. I understand how much of a hassle it is to organise leagues first hand.

Best of luck with the season guys.

I believe you are in the Keeper league anyway gerryfed so I'll put a beating on you in that ;)

Ironically, there was one too many players in that keeper league and I never confirmed my spot... so had to bow out haha! So I feel your pain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Stev88

Delighted that u left Gilishee on the bench this week Gerry, ud have me bet already

Stev88 wrote: »
    Delighted that u left Gilishee on the bench this week Gerry, ud have me bet already

Haha yeah regretting that decision now alright :/ but had him in two other leagues and didn't want to be too invested on a Thurs night game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

So who was the poor unfortunate that had to go up against Kareem Hunt??

Advertisement