Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hello boys...

• 07-09-2017 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭

427236.jpgWhat'd I miss?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He lives ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I had a really long respawn...

NakedDex wrote: »
    I had a really long respawn...

Welcome back ,

Here is gone a little quite but airsoft is going fairly strong now we've some fairly good sites now and plenty of regular events going on ,
    Milsims ,zombies and regular skirmishes ,
    Tech hasn't changed much with the exception of HPA gas guns and every one uses lipos .
    A few of the old crews are still regularly playing,

Yeah turns out one of sites is 10 minutes from my house and I never knew. Surprised HPA is a thing now, that's interesting. How's the LiPo shipping restrictions hitting things here?

Yeah turns out one of sites is 10 minutes from my house and I never knew. Surprised HPA is a thing now, that's interesting. How's the LiPo shipping restrictions hitting things here?

HPA has really come along polarstar drop in kits can be tuned up to 90rps and instant trigger response ,but can be expensive when you add the tanks and regulators and lines .
    All the retailers stock lipo's here now I'd say the majority of batteries they sell are lipo's you rarelt see nicad batteries on the field now especially with the big selection of lipo's battery packs available ,

• Advertisement

Yeah I was looking at mosfets to bring my good old SR25 back to life. It always struggled on the NiMH packs. Looks like retrofitting the system is easier with a larger number of parts available. I just ordered a few bits to give the M7 a kick.
    Still no sign of a bloody P90 mag catch assembly though...

Still no sign of a bloody P90 mag catch assembly though...

3D printing might be the way to go plenty of files available on line for them

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Welcome back, a real blast from the past
    They do say old friends are best

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

pew pew pew.

Also welcome back to the land of the living posting.

Edit: for extra also, don't watch Independence Day 2.

Cheers folks. The revelation of a site on my doorstep got me back looking at stuff. Reminded me how much I missed grenades. Also reminded me how many guns I've lost in moving a few times...

I had considered 3D printing one, but my printer is a tad messed up at the moment, and I realised I also need the spring. Really did think that part would be more widely available by now...

Extra also: God no. Never Independence Day 2. Not even once.

• Advertisement

Cheers folks. The revelation of a site on my doorstep got me back looking at stuff. Reminded me how much I missed grenades. Also reminded me how many guns I've lost in moving a few times...

I had considered 3D printing one, but my printer is a tad messed up at the moment, and I realised I also need the spring. Really did think that part would be more widely available by now...

Unfortunately the p90 never got much after market support despite multiple manufacturers having P90s

This any good to you

http://www.shop-laylax.com/smp/item/ff-017.html.

Grenades are still fun bigger bangs now especially with the like of Oshi boom 9mm blank fire grenades available now for added bang ,

What's the local site now

9mm grenades are allowed now? Huh...
    Actually, what's the dealio with bang grenades. Are they auto-dead for everyone within X range/room, or is it Tornado/Cyclone style BB grenades to get the hits?

9mm grenades are allowed now? Huh...
    Actually, what's the dealio with bang grenades. Are they auto-dead for everyone within X range/room, or is it Tornado/Cyclone style BB grenades to get the hits?

Usually anyone inside a room not behind hard cover is dead , slightly different rules used at different sites for outdoor use ,

There is a few of us heading to Redhills in Kildare on the 1st of October if you fancy a game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

On most sites, anyone in a room, or anyone within 5m outdoors unless behind hard cover (its 3m in Bellurgan, I can't persuade them otherwise).

9mm blanks are only allowed on some sites. The site requires a letter from the local Super, and you have to use the site's ammo and return all your brass at the end of the day. It's a condition of the permission.

LiPos worked out really well while you were respawning. Just make sure you get a proper charger and treat them with respect.

Hope to see you at Redhills some day. Welcome back.

Weird, my original reply never appeared...
    Redhills is a bit of a jaunt for me these days since I'm living in Limerick now, but it's been a while since I've been back home so I might make an appearance some time on the way back to Meath of a weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Limerick, you say?

Limerick Airsoft Camp
    Ballinagarde, Ballyneety, Co Limerick

Phone numbers are on their FB page. Tell Ciaran I sent you.

Oh I know where it is. I took a spin down that direction the other day, though couldn't stay to play due to work stuff. Possibly this weekend, though...

Oh I know where it is. I took a spin down that direction the other day, though couldn't stay to play due to work stuff. Possibly this weekend, though...

There is a bunch of characters down that way ,

While your at it check out project tank 2.0 on social media and see what Simon Jameson has been up to ,

But Ciaran Ryan is the man to talk to down in Limerick

Advertisement