Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ZV registration in Dublin, how high are the numbers?

• 02-09-2017 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone know roughly what digit ZV registered cars in Dublin are at?
    Seems the range is 7201-17200, I'm trying to figure out where in the range a newly imported car would be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Currently over ZV11150, but lower than ZV11175 - hurry up and get a 111xx reg... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Neilw

Type 17 wrote: »
    Currently over ZV11150, but lower than ZV11175 - hurry up and get a 111xx reg... :)

How did you find that out? I put a range of numbers into cartell and thought they were at 9899 or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

ZV..i hate those plates...no info

Neilw wrote: »
    How did you find that out? I put a range of numbers into cartell and thought they were at 9899 or thereabouts.

ZV 9899 was where the sequence stopped before the great 120xxx fiasco of 2011™ - the ZV ranges all jumped as well as the year-county stuff - Dublin jumped from around 9899 to 10001, and is now in the 111xx range, as seen on this recent, immaculate import that I saw last night:

wqdVoK2.jpg
    rsJdIts.jpg

ZV..i hate those plates...no info

True, the first question everyone asks me is "what year is it?" (1976, by the way :))

• Advertisement

ZV 9899 was where the sequence stopped before the great 120xxx fiasco of 2011™ - the ZV ranges all jumped as well as the year-county stuff - Dublin jumped from around 9899 to 10001, and is now in the 111xx range, as seen on this recent, immaculate import that I saw last night:

wqdVoK2.jpg
    rsJdIts.jpg

Excellent info, thanks. So I'll be in the 11k region.

I'm half tempted to pay the €1000 for ZV3, it seems to be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭Silvera

True, the first question everyone asks me is "what year is it?" (1976, by the way :))

If you had an 'old series' (pre-87) plate (the preferred plate of most classic car owners) people would you ask the same question :)

While the powers-that-be could have put an alternative/better option in place to the current ZV series, at least it gives us an option to 'Year' plates ...and adds a bit of 'mystery' to a classic :D

For example, if you lived in Germany you would have no choice but to put set of 'H' (historic) modern europlates on your classic...regardless of what year it is!

Excellent info, thanks. So I'll be in the 11k region.

I'm half tempted to pay the €1000 for ZV3, it seems to be available.

No longer possible I'm afraid.

Since November 2015 (for reasons unknown) it's no longer possible to reserve a plate for a secondhand car - only for new cars.

It appears that Revenue no longer want €1000 from owners of classics / secondhand cars?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dexter Bip

Silvera wrote: »
    If you had an 'old series' (pre-87) plate (the preferred plate of most classic car owners) people would you ask the same question :)

While the powers-that-be could have put an alternative/better option in place to the current ZV series, at least it gives us an option to 'Year' plates ...and adds a bit of 'mystery' to a classic :D

If you lived in Germany you would have no choice but to put set of 'H' (historic) c/w modern europlates on your classic...regardless of what year it is!
    Ah but the cool kids were those who could tell which month in 1962 that CPI 124 was registered in County Cork and when in 1985 500 ZPI was registered in Cork City. A skill that never quite mapped on to ZV plates. I've five of them in the garage ( bikes ) and still can't see the pattern.

There is no obvious 'pattern' with ZV plates...they are issued in blocks to each county.

It's a pity more thought wasn't put into them...e.g ZVA 100+, ZVB 100+, etc for different counties, for 1970-on vehicles. Then some sort of (county) pattern would be possible/obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

yes that makes sense. ZVD for Dublin, ZVC for Cork etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Isambard wrote: »
    yes that makes sense. ZVD for Dublin, ZVC for Cork etc.

When has anything to do with motoring in this country ever made sense.....

When has anything to do with motoring in this country ever made sense.....

Very true. Case-in-point...

Since November 2015 (for reasons unknown) it's no longer possible to reserve a plate for a secondhand car - only for new cars.

It appears that Revenue no longer want €1000 from owners of classics / secondhand cars?!

Silvera wrote: »
    Very true. Case-in-point...

Back in the day at €315 to reserve a plate they seemed to have a fair few willing to pay it. Greed stepped in and they increased the charge to €1000 and I haven't heard of anyone paying it.

Good move revenue.

Back in the day at €315 to reserve a plate they seemed to have a fair few willing to pay it. Greed stepped in and they increased the charge to €1000 and I haven't heard of anyone paying it.

Good move revenue.

True. Even when you factor-in a drop from the 'Celtic Tiger' period, revenue from Cherished Plates has more than halved since the fee was increasd in 2009 from €315 to €1000!

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cu-for-1-of-the-personalised-number-plates-costing-1000-428425.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

ZV1 & ZV8 are the only lower than ZV101 issues Iv seen.
    Nothing but Muppets in the registration office.

ZV1 & ZV8 are the only lower than ZV101 issues Iv seen.
    Nothing but Muppets in the registration office.

So that's €98,000 that Revenue don't want.

Plus the 950,000 old series plates (which were never issued) which could be sold too?!

which = c.€1.1 million of potential revenue to the state now blocked by the Nov 2015 rule change?!😑

Advertisement