Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2020 - Boards League Thread

• 03-09-2017 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi all,

Just carrying on from a discussion on the PES 2018 thread, we're thinking of setting up a league for the new game on PS4, similar to the FIFA league run on boards.

Firstly, before I put the wheels in motion, I'd like to gauge people's interest in a league and gather together some provisional numbers.

It'll probably be a week or 2 after release before I'd start it up, purely to get people used to the new game and give those interested a chance to buy the game.

Hopefully this can take off anyway!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,165 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Im in...

PS id...... BAZ171075

Feel free to add me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm in psn brianregan09

• Advertisement

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17
    5. brianregan09

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Koolhanger

I'm in

PSN ID = Bijilf

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17
    5. brianregan09
    6. Koolhanger

You probably have some in mind already, Colemania, but here's one I found that looks pretty straightforward :)

https://www.fixturelist.com/createlist

Koolhanger wrote: »
    You probably have some in mind already, Colemania, but here's one I found that looks pretty straightforward :)

https://www.fixturelist.com/createlist

Gonna use League Republic i think, same one used for the fifa league. Looks very organised and well presented

http://boardsleague.leaguerepublic.com/l/fg/1_3559701.html

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Walter.White

Sign me up Psn Damok21

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17
    5. brianregan09
    6. Koolhanger
    7. Walter.White

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Ok, add me, psn id: meath77

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17
    5. brianregan09
    6. Koolhanger
    7. Walter.White
    8. Cienciano

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I'm in :)

PSN ID : nslattery

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17
    5. brianregan09
    6. Koolhanger
    7. Walter.White
    8. Cienciano
    9. Luckycharms_74

I'm happy to start the setup of the league the week after release if everyone is ok with that and a minimum of 10 teams would be good with me. Already have 9 so we're in great shape with 9 or so days to go to release.

I'm going to get on to one of the mods and try get a sticky on the first post of the thread with all boards and PSN usernames so it's easy to add people.

Also, I'd like to make it clear that I'm open for suggestions throughout this whole process be it league format, knockout competition, random selection matches, what teams to choose from, rules etc. We're not a big community like that FIFA crowd (booooo :pac: ) so we need to make sure that everyone stays interested and keep a steady group together while adding to it when interest grows in the game.

So anyone who hasn't posted their PSN in the thread already, let me know by PM preferably or just post on the thread again.

Thanks lads :)

I'd like to be the guy who offers no suggestions what so ever but moans about every decision made afterwards if that's ok.

Colemania wrote: »
    I'm happy to start the setup of the league the week after release if everyone is ok with that and a minimum of 10 teams would be good with me. Already have 9 so we're in great shape with 9 or so days to go to release.

I'm going to get on to one of the mods and try get a sticky on the first post of the thread with all boards and PSN usernames so it's easy to add people.

Also, I'd like to make it clear that I'm open for suggestions throughout this whole process be it league format, knockout competition, random selection matches, what teams to choose from, rules etc. We're not a big community like that FIFA crowd (booooo :pac: ) so we need to make sure that everyone stays interested and keep a steady group together while adding to it when interest grows in the game.

So anyone who hasn't posted their PSN in the thread already, let me know by PM preferably or just post on the thread again.

Thanks lads :)

Great stuff, Colemania! Excited about this :)

Over the years I've organised local PES tournaments. They were great days. We would have anything from 12-16 players per tournament.

What I used to do was avoid picking the top, top teams like Madrid, Barca etc. Approximately 2 weeks before each tournament we would pick the correct amount of teams (anything from 3.5 - 4 star teams).

We would draw out all the teams and assign one to each player. So, you found out what team you had and got to practice with them for a bit before the competition got underway.

Anyway, just an idea :)

Over the years I've organised local PES tournaments. They were great days. We would have anything from 12-16 players per tournament.

What I used to do was avoid picking the top, top teams like Madrid, Barca etc. Approximately 2 weeks before each tournament we would pick the correct amount of teams (anything from 3.5 - 4 star teams).

We would draw out all the teams and assign one to each player. So, you found out what team you had and got to practice with them for a bit before the competition got underway.

That's a good idea, anything to avoid the Madrid Barca dilemma.

• Advertisement

Thanks Koolhanger. Yes I definitely plan on avoiding the 5 star teams, maybe even the 4.5 star teams. I'm going to do a random generator to assign picks for teams so people can then pick their own team. I see Leipzig are in the game so could be a good 4 star team to pick!

What I find with Pro Evo, especially around the 3.5 - 4 star area, a lot of people have a go to team that you wouldn't normally think of so I don't want to pick 10 teams of my choice and then assign if you know what I mean. Always do well with Ireland for example in FIFA and Pro Evo, don't know how that's possible with Glenn Whelan and Stephen Ward :pac:

Eventually if we have a steady group of players for the league, after a few seasons I'll start assigning team picks based on league position from the previous season. I'm sure we're going to have some excellent players on this and we need to give them a challenge ;)

Great stuff. It sounds like you have it nicely planned out :)

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

Hi lads, could I join in too? PSN is az1234.

Boards League Sign-up

1. Colemania
    2. IncognitoMan
    3. Exclamation Marc
    4. ziggyman17
    5. brianregan09
    6. Koolhanger
    7. Walter.White
    8. Cienciano
    9. Luckycharms_74
    10. az1234

Ok lads, just from a quick look at PES 2017, the 4 star teams that we could pick from would be the likes of Crystal Palace, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Monaco, Nice, Fiorentina, Lazio, Bilbao, Valencia, any Dutch or Portuguese league teams.

With regards 5 star teams, the only 5 star teams in PES 2017 were Barca, Madrid and Spain. So you can imagine that every big team I left out above is 4.5 star.

What does everyone think of that? We can do 4.5 star starting off if ye want. I just fear the likes of United, Juventus, PSG and maybe Chelsea will be a good bit stronger than the rest but I could be wrong.

Colemania wrote: »
    Ok lads, just from a quick look at PES 2017, the 4 star teams that we could pick from would be the likes of Crystal Palace, Leicester, Southampton, West Ham, Lyon, Lille, Marseille, Monaco, Nice, Fiorentina, Lazio, Bilbao, Valencia, any Dutch or Portuguese league teams.

With regards 5 star teams, the only 5 star teams in PES 2017 were Barca, Madrid and Spain. So you can imagine that every big team I left out above is 4.5 star.

What does everyone think of that? We can do 4.5 star starting off if ye want. I just fear the likes of United, Juventus, PSG and maybe Chelsea will be a good bit stronger than the rest but I could be wrong.

I think you could have different weeks with different restrictions. 4 star some weeks. 4.5 star weeks every now and again.

I actually don't mind playing against 4.5 star teams really as games against Roma, Arsenal, Dortmund, Atletico etc are great craic and it would be a real shame to exclude them all from the league as they're great fun to play as and against.

Remove the handful of 5 star teams and you'd be fine. It's the Madrid monotony that's usually the problem.

Another idea is that you could have a proviso that you could only pick a certain team 4/5 times during the course of the league. Given that you might have 20 games in the league it's not the worst to force switching it up.

Keeps it fresh.

Another idea is that you could have a proviso that you could only pick a certain team 4/5 times during the course of the league. Given that you might have 20 games in the league it's not the worst to force switching it up.

Keeps it fresh.

Ya i get you. Maybe I'll just stick to everyone using the same team for the league and rather than go the whole hog and have everyone play each other twice, I'll see what everyone thinks after the first 3 games or so. If its getting stale using the same team, we'll just play each other once in the league and start afresh with the next league.

I also had the suggestion of having a knockout cup competition during the league, i.e. during a standard 22 or so gameweek league, just to mix it up. We could do a random selection cup with that new mode and maybe use teams involved in the league.

Loads of ideas for this league! :D

I like the idea of using 4.5 star teams. I also think it's a good idea to run an "FA Cup" during the season as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭az1234

I'm easy re what teams, I enjoy trying out different ones!

Last year I ended up fairly fond of Leicester from just mixing up what team I played as!

Advertisement