Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

dudeeile wrote: »
    Jaysus that's great news, gdh might actually get in done for launch.
    Nope, cause he is going physical (with a new pro) for it. So he has to wait for gamestop to open Wednesday morning - and then bring it home, and then install it and also download the day 1 patch that there will inevitably be. So we might see him Friday.

Yup, might be going to my sisters place Wed morning to use her Internet for any Day 1 patch.

But I'm very tempted to get a digital base game not to be f**king around with discs and flog the disc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Yup, might be going to my sisters place Wed morning to use her Internet for any Day 1 patch.

But I'm very tempted to get a digital base game not to be f**king around with discs and flog the disc

Wardriving.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Hey everyone if you go to live.PlayStation.com and watch a 30 sec video you'll get a code for a free D2 dynamic theme

Click on quests, log in then watch the countdown vid thats linked in the quest

Receive a code and redeem at the PlayStation store.

Worked fine for me using my US account.

Speaking of US accounts. Has anyone tried PS Now? Do you need a US credit card to sign up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Destiny 2 pre-load is active today. Seemingly on the go right now. Obviously no rush on it.
    Only available for the Americans today, EU pre-load starts tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,963 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The raid is coming on the Wednesday after launch. Trials on the Friday after that (15th).

Disappointed by that to be honest - had hoped they'd push it longer so that there was more time to explore and gear up prior to going in. I know you can hold off to whenever you want, but still. Also wonder if it indicates progression will be very quick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,760 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

onlyTobes wrote: »

I bought it yesterday and it's downloaded now on my Xbox!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wasn't expecting the raid that quick, VoG was a good bit longer wasn't it? Good to hear trials back so soon, although I'm not sure if I'll be giving PvP as much attention this time if the beta was anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting the raid that quick, VoG was a good bit longer wasn't it? Good to hear trials back so soon, although I'm not sure if I'll be giving PvP as much attention this time if the beta was anything to go by.

No VoG went live 8 days after launch.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,116 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

No VoG went live 8 days after launch.

Must have just seemed longer because it took a while to get geared and squaded up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,963 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ITS DOWNLOADING!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

The raid is coming on the Wednesday after launch. Trials on the Friday after that (15th).

Disappointed by that to be honest - had hoped they'd push it longer so that there was more time to explore and gear up prior to going in. I know you can hold off to whenever you want, but still. Also wonder if it indicates progression will be very quick.

Ultimately, we grind for gear to get raid ready so we can grind the raid for the best gear to use. Hopefully, this is a good thing, kinda like KF where it wasn't about completing the whole but rather the individual sections with each boss defeat making you stronger and preparing you for the next encounter with your newly acquired better gear.

This news last week about not having to wear your best gear to decrypt engrams can now also work across the board, at least that's what I take from this, I think it's gonna be 1 level at a time for each item.

emmetkenny wrote: »

I bought it yesterday and it's downloaded now on my Xbox!!
    Yeah, Xbox pre-load went live last week.

32 gb done. I'm assuming this doesn't include day 1 patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

32 gb done. I'm assuming this doesn't include day 1 patch?

I don't think so, if there is a day one it may be small, a couple of hundred meg I reckon...

Fingers crossed...

Mine downloaded overnight also

Fieldog wrote: »
    I don't think so, if there is a day one it may be small, a couple of hundred meg I reckon...

Fingers crossed...

Mine downloaded overnight also

Day 1 is likely to be a hotfix downloaded through the game itself.

Yeah, Xbox pre-load went live last week.

First Xbox exclusive for Destiny... Suck it losers ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

First Xbox Other Console exclusive for Destiny... Suck it losers ;)

FYP loser :pac:

jonnycivic wrote: »
    emmetkenny wrote:
    First Xbox Other Console Platform exclusive for Destiny... Suck it losers ;)
    FYP loser :pac:
    FYFP idjit. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

going to get it on PS4 as my xbox s is away for repair and won't be back in time.
    Besides PS4 community is better for Destiny I've found. Was tempted to get it on pc but I don't think it will last as long on pc as console due to the much better games coming out throughout the year..

Blazer wrote: »
    going to get it on PS4 as my xbox s is away for repair and won't be back in time.
    Besides PS4 community is better for Destiny I've found. Was tempted to get it on pc but I don't think it will last as long on pc as console due to the much better games coming out throughout the year..

Theres about 15 of us that group up daily on Xbox and another 12 or so coming back for Destiny 2.

You've just been hanging around with the wrong sort on Xbox ;)

• Advertisement

Theres about 15 of us that group up daily on Xbox and another 12 or so coming back for Destiny 2.

yeah if my stupid xbox didn't have the wifi controller issue I would have got it on xbox.
    No big deal though..there are some nice PS4 exclusives coming out and I really only use my xbox for Fifa. Everything else is on PC.

christ I bloody hate Sony with all their DRM crap.
    Purchased a psn plus sub for 12 months without realising the codes are region locked..wtf would you region lock psn plus codes..****in twats.
    another +1 to xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

is that all there is?

jaysus theres well over 100 on ps4 i`d have expected similar numbers to be honest.

I got it on ps4 but looking at possibly moving to pc when it launches beta was amazing on pc.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    is that all there is?

jaysus theres well over 100 on ps4 i`d have expected similar numbers to be honest.

I got it on ps4 but looking at possibly moving to pc when it launches beta was amazing on pc.

Theres at least 15 that all play together on a regular basis the last while. Numbers dropped off after HM WOTM was completed.

is that all there is?

ps4 it is then :)
    cdkeys were good enough to refund my purchase fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Blazer wrote: »
    ps4 it is then :)
    cdkeys were good enough to refund my purchase fair play.

if ya end up getting it on ps4 message dudeile or snipersamurai or any of the other admins they will add yout o the clanand community etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Trying to avoid trailers and gameplay footage of Destiny 2 is hard !

if ya end up getting it on ps4 message dudeile or snipersamurai or any of the other admins they will add yout o the clanand community etc.

Yeah I’m on it since before , I got added to clan1 so all good on that side. Roll on Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I too would love to get it on PC, but the extra wait would fry my brain. Plus the chances of hackers are 3 fold on the PC I would imagine not that I play alot of PvP in Destiny and the community would not be as big for me on PC what with the boards community that plays destiny.

I thought the same..Destiny is a console shooter and the ps4 boards one is pretty big so makes sense to stick with ps4 for destiny 2. On PC I just can't see people maintaining a long term interest in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

When is it unlocking? Is it midnight Tuesday/Wednesday or Monday/Tuesday?

Advertisement