Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Backpacks in Croke park

• 03-09-2017 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

Since the Manchester concert events Croke park have on website that backpacks will not be allowed into grounds on match day. Just wondering has anyone here been to grounds since with a school bag and got in. Going up to hurling today, have gone every year since 2008 and on days like today I like to bring in a bag with waterproof clothes (pants and jacket) and a hat etc and obviously the hang sandwich. Don't wanna carry it all they way in to stand and risk having it taking off me !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Martina1991

They'll search it on the way in, but I can't see them taking it off you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

No problem at all. No cans though. Bottles of water/coke allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Guffy

Since the Manchester concert events Croke park have on website that backpacks will not be allowed into grounds on match day. Just wondering has anyone here been to grounds since with a school bag and got in. Going up to hurling today, have gone every year since 2008 and on days like today I like to bring in a bag with waterproof clothes (pants and jacket) and a hat etc and obviously the hang sandwich. Don't wanna carry it all they way in to stand and risk having it taking off me !!

Got in with one for semis, they didnt even search it. Had 5 year old with so thats prob y, just waved me on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 27,169 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

If you let your bag be searched and all you have is food and spare clothing, there will be no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

blanch152 wrote:
    If you let your bag be searched and all you have is food and spare clothing, there will be no problem.

This is exactly what happened, quick look in bag and stayed walking... thankfully didn't need the wet gear l

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

In fairness to the GAA and croke park stewards, after the drama it caused when introduced, it has been hassle free bringing a bag and they inspect the bag fairly quickly and have a separate queue for people bringing bags. Bottled water/minerals allowed in no problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

andrew1977 wrote: »
    In fairness to the GAA and croke park stewards, after the drama it caused when introduced, it has been hassle free bringing a bag and they inspect the bag fairly quickly and have a separate queue for people bringing bags. Bottled water/minerals allowed in no problem .

Just no cans, so I decant mine (energy drink) into water bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

You would wonder how effective the searching is if object is to prevent an actual terror attack rather than find some chap's cider.

Anyone who has been to major attractions in Europe or States will know that security is almost equivalent to airport security. Croke Park is on same level as late night bars.

Croke Park on big day would be one of main target for the sort of creatures who mount these attacks. And given the sort of friends they have here - which possibly accounts for there having been no attacks to date - they would have no problems getting tickets!

Advertisement