Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny 2.0 Rumours and Gossip

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Cant see where to download the beta on the battle.net app, is it live to download now or do you have to wait till later today (6pm)

Must have to wait until 6, there was definitely no option to pre-load that I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

wexdevil wrote: »
    So it seems my local(Wexford) GameStop isn't doing a midnight opening.

Uuuugh

Can you not buy digitally or do you have a collector's edition preorder?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭wexdevil

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Can you not buy digitally or do you have a collector's edition preorder?

Have the collectors edition but it now looks like I'm also getting it digitally. Guess I'll do some overtime to justify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Ordered the hard copy from Smyths, will just pick it up straight after dropping the Vex off to school!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Must have to wait until 6, there was definitely no option to pre-load that I saw.

Options to pre order and all that jazz but very little info on the beta anywhere. Will try again later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

wexdevil wrote: »
    Have the collectors edition but it now looks like I'm also getting it digitally. Guess I'll do some overtime to justify it.

Have the CE ordered from Amazon France and a standard from Game Collection for €44 that will arrive at launch. Will trade the standard copy in to GameStop against my Gjallarhorn order, should get more trade than what I paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The pre-load is the main reason I went digital. Partly so I could play it immediately on the Tuesday night - but even if it had been a wednesday morning at 10am start, I didn't want to have to wait a few hours (or the day) while it downloads. Wednesday morning I want to be playing it, not downloading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Have the CE ordered from Amazon France and a standard from Game Collection for €44 that will arrive at launch. Will trade the standard copy in to GameStop against my Gjallarhorn order, should get more trade than what I paid.

This guy would be proud of you.

ferengilovesongs_320.jpg

HDR was confirmed to be available at launch on PC by Nvidia, but we didn't have confirmation that it would come to console, until now

Have a look at the end of the "What is Destiny 2" trailer.

awwww, my tv doesn't have HDR. rats. have to trash it and buy a new one now. Stupid basic 4k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I no longer look at anything if it's not in HDR

awwww, my tv doesn't have HDR. rats. have to trash it and buy a new one now. Stupid basic 4k.
    gimli2112 wrote: »
    I no longer look at anything if it's not in HDR

Me sad. Me no 4k TV. Me no HDR TV. WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Me sad. Me no 4k TV. Me no HDR TV. WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?

Don't worry Solvable, our 4K is only 8bit HDR and therefore I am a pauper...

Fieldog wrote: »
    Don't worry Solvable, our 4K

giphy.gif
    Fieldog wrote: »
    is only 8bit HDR and therefore I am a pauper...

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

This guy would be proud of you.

ferengilovesongs_320.jpg

zoid_at_last_crafty_640_by_penniavaswen-d6kew5w.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Would I be wasting my time downloading and trying to play the PC beta when I only have integrated graphics (Intel HD 2000)

I can't find anything online from people who have tried it. Don't really expect it to work very well... just wondering will it work at all.

Would I be wasting my time downloading and trying to play the PC beta when I only have integrated graphics (Intel HD 2000)

I can't find anything online from people who have tried it. Don't really expect it to work very well... just wondering will it work at all.

giphy.gif

I'd forget about it if I where you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I'd forget about it if I where you

Don't mind him, be grand.

daas_computer-fire.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 27,774 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mines the same but I'll move a few things s around in the new year and add a HDR panel to the games room.

Still not up on battle.net for download yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Still not up on battle.net for download yet.

You have to download it through the Blizzard App

• Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

I've to drop the kids to school on Wednesday anyway so I'll fly down to them then and collect.

They're going to be at school on Tuesday, why collect them and then have to turn around and drop them off again.

Kids today, they expect to be driven everywhere.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,122 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

You have to download it through the Blizzard App

Battle. Net/blizzard app are the same thing.

It's definitely there now anyway, I put it downloading about 15 minutes or so ago. Just got to the Destiny 2 section under games and option to install should be there.

Varik wrote: »
    They're going to be at school on Tuesday, why collect them and then have to turn around and drop them off again.

Kids today, they expect to be driven everywhere.

My hope is to buy a house in the next year so might be a 'need' for a new TV, so might be able to swing a hdr and move the 4k I'm using now into the kitchen or wherever.

Beta up now lads, soz if already said

Looks very very well maxed out, so fluid and a joy to play on with a KB and Mouse.

Looks very very well maxed out, so fluid and a joy to play on with a KB and Mouse.

What sort of fps were you getting? I was only getting 30-40 on highest settings at 1040p (gtx1070) but when I dropped to high settings it was jumping from 90 to 130.

Have to say it looks and feels a lot better on pc, if the beta is anything to go by they've done a really job of porting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mickeroo wrote: »
    What sort of fps were you getting? I was only getting 30-40 on highest settings at 1040p (gtx1070) but when I dropped to high settings it was jumping from 90 to 130.

Have to say it looks and feels a lot better on pc, if the beta is anything to go by they've done a really job of porting it.

Indeed, I was thoroughly impressed. Happy with the sensitivity and responsiveness with my mouse.

I also have a 1070, didn't do any video setting messing, game was just unbelievably smooth and crisp. I didn't even check what the FPS was, but it was one of the crispest, smoothest games I've played in ages.

Beta is beta, very little to do so so it hasn't changed me from my existing stance of waiting for the game to release on console, give it the month or two or whatever and then see.

But after playing last night, gameplay feels slick and smooth like Destiny (Which I felt was like Halo, a gaming experience I've longed for, for years). I didn't try the strike, but I'd say I'll just uninstall tonight since there is very little in the beta to be messing with, and happy enough with what I saw.

More of the same granted, nothing felt overly different or changed from Destiny 1, but that is not a bad thing. Likely going to be a purchase

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I can't believe they haven't fixed the bug for our router a Technicolour one, has me terrified of launch now....

I have to connect to a mobile phone hotspot to pass the first mission, crazy stuff

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Indeed, I was thoroughly impressed. Happy with the sensitivity and responsiveness with my mouse.

I also have a 1070, didn't do any video setting messing, game was just unbelievably smooth and crisp. I didn't even check what the FPS was, but it was one of the crispest, smoothest games I've played in ages.

Beta is beta, very little to do so so it hasn't changed me from my existing stance of waiting for the game to release on console, give it the month or two or whatever and then see.

But after playing last night, gameplay feels slick and smooth like Destiny (Which I felt was like Halo, a gaming experience I've longed for, for years). I didn't try the strike, but I'd say I'll just uninstall tonight since there is very little in the beta to be messing with, and happy enough with what I saw.

More of the same granted, nothing felt overly different or changed from Destiny 1, but that is not a bad thing. Likely going to be a purchase

Honestly I am not sure what FPS I was getting but I am DL Fraps now and I will check it for you.

I dont even have a GTX1070 I have the Inno Ichill GTX1060 overclocked to an inch of its life. But the rest of my stuff is very old, i5 2500K @ 4.5ghz and 16GB good ram with an SSD.

But as you say its crisp and smooth and play really well, you dont have shadow play on do you as that will knock about 15% of the FPS while recording.

Advertisement