Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fist Of The North Star

• 26-08-2017 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭

Coming in 2018 from the development team behind the Yakuza series and based on Buronsons work from the 80's.

The announcement really came out of nowhere, but the team behind Yakuza is a perfect fit for it, more information will be announced at the TGS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

I think the name is actually "The Way of the Fist of the North Star"? like the japanese name for Yakuza is "The Way of the Dragon"

It's not an anime I'm a huge fan of but it actually looks really good and I'm interested to check it out because the Yakuza team are making it

Ha used to watch this series on channel 4 back in the day after the pub :D

Been a while but it does look similar to the Ken's Rage games but without the Dynasty Warriors similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I used to love the arcade cabinet machine, where 6 pads would pop out and you had to hit them quickly etc

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Taken from the Kiwami thread, only takes a couple of seconds to complete.

http://yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/

Coming out October 2nd, only digitally though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Xenji wrote: »
    Coming out October 2nd, only digitally though.

Can't see this being digital only seeing as Sega went to the trouble of creating an English dub, plus it was leaked early due to a listing for a disc version on Amazon.

Kinda disappointed to see this uncensored tbh considering the censorship style mirrors the anime.

Edit: Confirmed for disc release in the press info

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1006206801522520065?s=19

I thought that as well, just going by reports earlier, but now others are saying digital outside Japan.

I thought that as well, just going by reports earlier, but now others are saying digital outside Japan.

Press release as per my edit states its getting a physical release.

Press release as per my edit states its getting a physical release.

Great, probably hoping to much but would love a steelbook version like Kiwami.

Great, probably hoping to much but would love a steelbook version like Kiwami.

#youarealreadypreordered
    giphy.gif

98d.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ahahahahah ^^^^ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got to sit down for a bit tonight with this and I'm really enjoying it so far, the Yakuza template really works for FOTNS

Advertisement