Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Around the neck

• 26-08-2017 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭

I've never seen as many tackles around the neck as I have the last few years. It's always given as a yellow card but it's such a dangerous thing to do. For me the around the neck tackles are a direct result of the black card rule. Players know that if they drag a man down they're off so they are just doing this to stop a runner and taking a yellow. Needs to be looked at big time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Jayop wrote: »
    I've never seen as many tackles around the neck as I have the last few years. It's always given as a yellow card but it's such a dangerous thing to do. For me the around the neck tackles are a direct result of the black card rule. Players know that if they drag a man down they're off so they are just doing this to stop a runner and taking a yellow. Needs to be looked at big time.

Be a red card in Rugby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Be a red card in Rugby.

It's a horrible tackle. I'm telling you that they are only doing them to dodge a black.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Donaghy today made the most of it, he went very low and Aidan o shea had a hand out and donaghy made a meal of it and got o Shea a yellow card.
    If they start making it a red card offence like the helmet rule then you'd want video refs to decide if it's a genuinely dangerous tackle like in rugby.

jam83 wrote: »
    Donaghy today made the most of it, he went very low and Aidan o shea had a hand out and donaghy made a meal of it and got o Shea a yellow card.
    If they start making it a red card offence like the helmet rule then you'd want video refs to decide if it's a genuinely dangerous thing to like in rugby.

Yeah I'd agree that the oshea one wasn't as bad nor was it intentional. Some of them are very dangerous though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

they're not that dangerous

usually there's no swing
    no straight arm
    no striking action
    the tackled player ducks in low, often grabs the arm or hand of the tackling player. and then falls to the ground holding their face

Colm Boyle is a master at it, after taking his seven or eight steps

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

I don't watch football that much, and I was surprised how common it is when I see match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

High tackle is an issue
    So is grabbing the tackler's arm and then falling over, making a tackle look way worse than it is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

It's a horrible tackle. I'm telling you that they are only doing them to dodge a black.

Should be incorporated into the black card rule,simples.:)

seligehgit wrote: »
    Should be incorporated into the black card rule,simples.:)

Black card rule is a farce and should be scrapped immediately with a simple sin bin introduced. There's so much wrong with it I don't think I need to list them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Black card rule is a farce and should be scrapped immediately with a simple sin bin introduced. There's so much wrong with it I don't think I need to list them.

Totally agree,don't think it's going to happen.Sin bin far preferable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement