Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Force Friday

• 22-08-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭

Its just over a week away.
    1. Double VIP running for a couple of days with a shore trooper MF as bonus
    2. 2 new big sets to be revealed for early VIP access, current rumours are 2 of Millennium Falcon UCS, Winter Village Train Station or Wayne Manor
    3. All new SW The Last Jedi wave
    Should be good!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Does anybody think the new Star Wars set isn't the Millennium Falcon?

Kavrocks wrote: »

No. That pile of bricks is covering a MF.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Alderaan playset.

3X VIP at the Start of September
    UCS Falcon mid September

Decisions decisions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Didnt realise we had a lego forum on here :D

Big SW lego fan; pride and joy is a super star destroyer ive had displayed for a few years now, wasnt keeping that one in the box! Ive the newer MF, so a UCS is very tempting... I was caught between UCS Millenium Falcon and the Super Star Destroyer and decided on SSD then. Might be a sign to get the bigger MF :D

I just hope they don't dick us out of the new sets by releasing them after the 3X VIP points. Would be a little too direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,441 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Rhyme wrote: »
    I just hope they don't dick us out of the new sets by releasing them after the 3X VIP points. Would be a little too direct.

Of course they will, no chance we're going to get 3x points on the falcon, wasn't the snowspeeder excluded from the promotion back in May?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Of course they will, no chance we're going to get 3x points on the falcon, wasn't the snowspeeder excluded from the promotion back in May?

More so on the The Last Jedi sets, delay their release. I don't think they'll do that. I wouldn't imagine the Falcon would coincide with the 3X time period, that'd be Lego giving away 50euro (if the set is 1000e and if my maths is correct).

I think it was excluded, yes. Didn't have the money then so wasn't too upset, still don't have the money now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Rhyme wrote: »
    More so on the The Last Jedi sets, delay their release. I don't think they'll do that. I wouldn't imagine the Falcon would coincide with the 3X time period, that'd be Lego giving away 50euro (if the set is 1000e and if my maths is correct).

I think it was excluded, yes. Didn't have the money then so wasn't too upset, still don't have the money now :)

150 euro. 5% is the standard return without offers on points. There's no chance they're giving away 15% of the value straight back. Unless they've suddenly gotten the fear about its price.

• Advertisement

The 3X VIP is for Sep 1-3. So best case scenario is that The Last Jedi wave is available so you can get the points and/or some sets are 205 off (USC Tie supposed to be) plus 3X.

I'm toying the idea with getting the death star(*) which would give me €75 off the Falcon on Sept 14. But the family might be wondering why we are eating beans on toast every night for dinner..

(*) zero chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Force Friday also in selected Smyths shops.

Friday 1st of September 00:01 - 01:00am

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Thinking I'll risk finally going for the Death Star on Friday if I think I can sneak the box into the house. Have £40 in points anyway, so if I can get the 3x points back and a very slight possibility of a discount of some description I may just about be able to live another day.

robinph wrote: »
    Thinking I'll risk finally going for the Death Star on Friday if I think I can sneak the box into the house. Have £40 in points anyway, so if I can get the 3x points back and a very slight possibility of a discount of some description I may just about be able to live another day.
    And go for the MF 2 weeks later with the €75 VIP you will earn?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

It's official and being released on the 1st October.

It's official and being released on the 1st October.

Woohoo!
    It will be available for Early VIP on Sept 14 though

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yay, Death Star just got delivered. :D

Boo, someone had driven a forklift into the box and punched two holes into the inner box so I refused the delivery. :(

Now have to wait for it to get re-processed and hope that I don't loose out on my triple points that I'd earned when they re-ship.

Advertisement