Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good thing about being from wexford..

• 27-07-2003 4:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭

Looking at all the dubs who pay money to stay down here, or live in crappy mobile homes for the summer...
    bad things ..
    getting stuck behind them on the N11 :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

the same could be said about being from Co. Waterford

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

is there a good thing to say about being from Wexford..???? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 PeterODonnell

Well. I'm from Co.Wexford. There, thats a good thing about it lol.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Originally posted by PeterODonnell
    Well. I'm from Co.Wexford. There, thats a good thing about it lol.

Keep trying... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Good things about Wexford:
    1. Further south (slightly warmer weather)
    2. Lots of exit routes - roads, trains, boats etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

I'm not from Wexford, or even the south east but I've been there a lot over the past 3 years and I think it's one of the nicest counties in Ireland.
    The weather is often better than the rest of the country, there's loads of nice scenery, nice beaches, loads of history, decent pubs and restaurants and nice people. It would be a nice county to retire to, somewhere coastal maybe.
    Well, that's the nice side of the county that I'm used to!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Ever been out at night???

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Don't forget the cheaper cost of living due to the relatively infrequent trips to Croke Park…

WAN TEH CATS
    djcarey_allireland.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

Ever been out at night???
    yeah its not the worst place to go out is wexford its got a nice night life as long as ya dont mind the stabbins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭misswex

Originally posted by bozzie
    yeah its not the worst place to go out is wexford its got a nice night life as long as ya dont mind the stabbins

I'm from Wexford and I'm at a loss as to where there is anywhere decent to go out at night time!! You care to enlighten me???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by misswex
    I'm from Wexford and I'm at a loss as to where there is anywhere decent to go out at night time!! You care to enlighten me???
    Where in wexford?-you talking about clubbing?

Originally posted by p.pete
    Good things about Wexford:
    ...Further south (slightly warmer weather)

Further south of where exactly?????
    :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

havn't been out much in wex town recently
    mooneys used to be good and sone of the other bars are all right

enniscorthy is where i used to go out and benidicts is kinda funky every so often as is shenannigans(pls forgive the spellings)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭MazyMo

What's Wexford like in comparison to New Ross?

Is Wexford an ok place, and fairly safe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Wexford is nice, 'cept for the natives...:)

seriosly though you do seem to have a disproportionate number of loonies - nice countryside though...

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Wexford town is too far away from Waterford ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭MazyMo

Is that nice friendly loonies, or bad nasty-type loonies??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭skipn_easy

Originally posted by p.pete
    2. Lots of exit routes - roads, trains, boats etc.

So you can get out of wexford quicker?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Is that nice friendly loonies, or bad nasty-type loonies??
    It depends on the solar alignment...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I'm from Wexford and I'm at a loss as to where there is anywhere decent to go out at night time!!

Serves yas right for burning down the unyoke:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

best things bout wexford:

1. the n25 (outta there!)
    2. the n11 (ditto)
    3. the passage east car ferry (road rage is funny)
    4. burger max in wexford twn. (i think that the place is called) or is that the worst thing bout it?????
    5. oh yeah that dunbrody yoke.

Originally posted by kano476
    best things bout wexford:
    4. burger max in wexford twn. (i think that the place is called) or is that the worst thing bout it?????
    5. oh yeah that dunbrody yoke.

Well I wouldnt class either as one of the best... :D

Im surprised that Dunbrody hasnt been stripped in the middle of the night and sold off.. how did they manage to get it to stay intact for so long?

Is it surrounded by armed guards at night and maybe a gun turret at the top or something :p:p:p

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    Well I wouldnt class either as one of the best... :D

Im surprised that Dunbrody hasnt been stripped in the middle of the night and sold off.. how did they manage to get it to stay intact for so long?

Is it surrounded by armed guards at night and maybe a gun turret at the top or something :p:p:p

No, its just that the people of New Ross respect the importance of the Dunbrody ship!!

Sure aren't the people of New Ross known for their cultural and historical awareness - thought that was a well know fact :rolleyes:

Originally posted by misswex
    Sure aren't the people of New Ross known for their cultural and historical awareness - thought that was a well know fact :rolleyes:

Somebody should try telling them that... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ur mentor

lets see now from an anchor (sailing in harbour or Rosslare up to Arklow) to a zooological garden- JFK park near New ross.
    Throw in Strawberry fairs, carnsore point, opera festivals, golf, hurling, etc. etc. shut up beginning to sound like a bro-sure.:D :D
    I met a family moved from Dublin recently and they were really pleased. apparently they discovered over 65 different clubs/socieites up and running in Wex town alone.
    For simple alcoholism theres always the'vomit comet' to Wales. See can u get pissed faster than it gets to Wales- thats 99 minutes folks- without puking!
    a game for all the youngsters to play
    the wrinklies love it because they have the stamina to do it all again onthe way home!:cool:

The Hook Penisula - the most amazing place :)

Knew I could think of something nice to say about Wexford :)

There's nicer in the west.. :p

But it took that long to think of something lol

Was in Wexford town for the weekend as it happens, at a wedding, fairly lively spot alright, but damn impossible to get a taxi... only staying over the bridge so strolled back to the place with me bag of chips only stopping to watch 2 ladies puching the ****e outta each other...

Classy ladies in wexford alright :D

There's nicer in the west.. :p

Entitled to your opinion I suppose, I obviously do not agree with it!!

By the way :p back at ya :)

Even been to clifden?

Take a drive on the sky road.. fab place..

Anyway isnt the lighthouse on hook head there to warn people away from the place..

"Keep away from Wexford... Keep away from Wexford... " lol

:p

• Advertisement

Even been to clifden?

Take a drive on the sky road.. fab place..

Anyway isnt the lighthouse on hook head there to warn people away from the place..

"Keep away from Wexford... Keep away from Wexford... " lol

:p

See if I was taking about the good things about Galway well then I might talk about Clifden etc but I'm not :)

Maybe you should read the title of the thread again :p

Advertisement