Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mayo craft beer

• 22-08-2017 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm driving from Dublin to Louisburgh in Mayo in a few weeks and was just wondering which craft beers to look out for while i'm there or on the way down. Any tips would be much appreciated!

Roganjosh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Keep an eye out for the Mescan range.
    http://www.martinsofflicence.ie/mescan-brewery/

Last time I was there, I was able to pick it up in the offie in the convenience store (Londis?) in Louisburgh.

Mescan supposably was St Patrick's official brewer... so one to have in view of Croagh Patrick :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

thats great Odyssey thanks. I'll make sure to try them

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

Reel Deel Brewery in Crossmolina should have a few options available too depending on where you stop in Mayo.

The Mescan range should be available in the garage in Louisburgh. Got some there a few weeks ago and many other times in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Honest to God but Mescan is everywhere in Mayo bar Tesco, which isn't a bad thing. I love their 69 and the Stout as well. Also, Reel Deel are there as mentioned and they contract brew Connaught Pale, which is hard to get but a darn fine Irish Pale.

And the rest? West Mayo have taps in some local bars and hotels. Paddy's Pilgrim is a good brown porter and their Graínne Ale is one to look out for. Also, there is the Achill IPA and lager but I've not yet tried their wares just yet. An honourable mention goes to Black Donkey; they are but two miles from the county border on the N60 between Castlerea and Ballyhanius while

Finally, if you want to make it easier to get them all at the one go then pop into Supervalu in Westport. It has a large shelf stocked entirely with local craft beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭roganjosh

this is great lads, thanks. I was thinking supervalu in westport would be a good place to look

• Advertisement
Advertisement