Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year's Eve 2017/18

• 18-08-2017 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭

Can we talk about nye here? If so, I'm looking for ideas to extend the Christmas festivities through to New Years.

We have a 3 year old so something child friendly. We are in Kildare but happy to travel within reason.

What do ye do with your New Year's Eve when you can't be in the pub for countdown!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

New Year's Eve is of course welcome here. It's part of the 12 days of Christmas sure. I'm jumping in on this thread for ideas too.

We also won't be at home for New Years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

We actually don't do anything for new years :p we used to go to parties when we were pre children lol but now we don't ! Have been given serious consideration to having an annual party at christmas or new years lately. Don't know if I could do it at new years however as the house is usually still a mess from christmas woth the kids hahah

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I sit in and watch tv and then at midnight usually watch other peoples fireworks outside with the eldest who is too excited to sleep because she has a 1st january birthday:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Only once in my life have I been "out" for NYE and then it was a ticketed party.

These days we usually hang out at home, light a fire, watch the London fireworks on tv and then hop in the car for a walk on the beach to see in the New Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There's a lot to be said for staying in, in fairness!

A nice bottle of bubbly and something good on tv. A walk on the beach sounds absolutely lovely though! What a great idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭eimsRV

Most years we just stay in and watch a movie. A few years ago we attended a fireworks display on Dun Laoire pier, it was in the early evening, aimed at kids. Followed by a hot chocolate out and then home. It was really nice and kid friendly.

Advertisement