Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FPL Draft League Transfers

Options
  • 16-08-2017 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

As we don't have the same restrictions (budget, number of transfers (?)), the main transfers thread may not be as useful for those of us playing a Draft League.

So who is on your shortlist to pick up and who's for the chop. Saw something interesting on Reddit that it's even more difficult to trade players with another person in your league directly as the dropped player is locked for a Gameweek :/

I took a bit of a punt with some of my picks - both Rose and Oxlade-Chamberlain were picked up in the hopes of them transferring. Rose to United would work well for my team, so worth holding onto, but less excited by the prospect of Ox to Chelsea, so might drop.

Zaha looks like he could be out for a couple of weeks and Barkley has re-injured himself so the midfield needs some shoring up. Need to take a look at who is available (and then build a shortlist as I'm top of league - we reckon - so I'll get last dibs). Both Ramsey and Xhaka are currently there, so that's tempting...

Finally, have Benteke, but want to jump on the Mounie hype train. I'm sure he'll be in demand this week, but might as well throw my name in the ring.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Waiver question,

I understand that the team in 1st position gets his waiver pick last, but what happens if a few of the teams below top spot don't make any changes? Is there a time limit for each time to make a change before moving to the next priority team?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I THINK it's automatic (you have to prioritise your waiver requests)
    FAQ wrote:
    Q: What are waivers?

The Scout: Similar to the draft process; a waiver ensures all managers get the chance to pick up new signings or players released by other managers.

You make a waiver request when proposing to swap a player in your squad with an unselected player in the same position.

These requests are processed 24 hours before the Gameweek deadline.

Any number of waiver requests can be made, if you make more than one, they will need to be prioritised.

Q: How do waivers work?

The Scout: A round of waivers runs once a week.

On the waiver deadline, a process will look through all the requests and make the transfers.

The lowest-ranked team will get their first waiver choice.

Before the season starts the waiver order will be the reverse of the draft order.

Once a waiver request is successful, the team in question will move to the end of the waiver queue for that Gameweek.

After waivers are processed, free agency mode will be active until the Gameweek deadline.

🤪

Right, so if somebody doesnt make any waiver request before they are processed they will just be ignored.

Got Mounie in for Benteke, Brunt in for Barkley.

Current team:
    425496.png

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Any way of seeing what waivers processed in your league that week? I had 4 processed but can't see what anyone else did?

• Advertisement

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Any way of seeing what waivers processed in your league that week? I had 4 processed but can't see what anyone else did?

Doesn't look like it from what I can see. Site not great for keeping tabs on opponents.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ederson

Alonso Bellerin Bailly

Son Salah D.Silva Redmond

Vokes Lukaku Aguero

all for me this week.

B.Silva
    D.Silva
    Batshuayi
    Vokes
    Pedro
    Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like it from what I can see. Site not great for keeping tabs on opponents.

Would also be useful to be able to filter by available players only. Sent them an email on that and the transaction history thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It's shocking that there isn't a page to show all waivers processed

I brought in 5 this week. I'm going for a strategy of a fluid team. Hazard, Alli, Ederson and Lloris are my four season keepers, the rest are in constant fear for their place on the team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

I picked up Ben Davies, Ward-Prowse and Mounie. Happy with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Made a load of changes. Only flagged player I'm holding onto is Sanchez in the hopes that it all works itself out!

jimmii wrote: »
    Made a load of changes. Only flagged player I'm holding onto is Sanchez in the hopes that it all works itself out!

Who'd you bring in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

From experience of playing a draft league for a few years, key seems to be to always have a punt or two in your squad. Might get lucky, might not. But if you end up picking up this seasons Alli/Mahrez/Ramsey in the first few weeks you'll do very well

Green&Red wrote: »
    Who'd you bring in?

Just a few with decent home fixtures this week. Vokes, Fuchs players like that. Have all 11 at home now which looks good!

jimmii wrote: »
    Just a few with decent home fixtures this week. Vokes, Fuchs players like that. Have all 11 at home now which looks good!

I think it's a good idea to have all defenders at home at least. 5-3-2 could be my default formation for the draft game

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Brought in Mounie and Antonio for Austin and Iwobi on the waiver wire. Hoping Antonio starts but even if he comes on for half an hour he could still do some damage.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think it's a good idea to have all defenders at home at least. 5-3-2 could be my default formation for the draft game

Yeh could end up going the same route. 4-4-2 this week for me as I'm holding Trippier.

After listening to the FFS podcast I brought in Moreno for Louvren. Poor choice

But balanced by getting Okazaki for Jay-Rod

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

DVD-Lots wrote: »

Yesterday (after the 11:30am waiver deadline) if I clicked into the league table in my drafts, and then clicked into other participant's team, on the right hand side there is an option to see 'View Transactions'.

I could see that the transactions were waiver I don't think anyone except me went in for free agents but I'll be monitoring it a bit better next Friday.

Site is a a mess, I played on a website called 'Draft Premier League' and it was far better.

2 waiver deadlines each week and it'd list all squad changes.
    Live scores side by side
    As in it'd show
    {Team A (20 points) vs. Team B (40 points)}
    on the same display.

Its a real pity that they didn't try at least to copy the features or buy the technology off these game designers.

Amazes me that the FPL website has maintained it's popualrity when there are other options out there for people and the standard game has been stale for years. <rant over>

Suppose it doesn't help matters that I keeping playing it each season myself :rolleyes:

Transfers havent done much for me this week. Brunt's clean sheet the best of it. Hopefully Mounie can rectify that!

🤪

• Advertisement

Surprised they didn't just buy the design from another game that's what they did with fpl originally and it's not worked out so badly for them! Draft definitely needs work right now. Even just the way it goes to the draft room when you log in what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

It comes across to me that they just wanted to get a draft option set up but put no great effort into it.
    They seem to have done no research on what works best and what people want.
    Some of the things myself and other people have said are missing that would make it so much better are so easy to do.
    It'd be so easy to add a transfers page to show all transactions (after completition, obviously don't show who people request on waiver until its complete)
    It'd also be so easy to let you search players by a filter of 'available' players.
    My guess is they just rushed this together to have it to stop people using sites like fantasydraft.co.uk (far far superior to this)
    They got people in on the back of it being the official one but it's a mess.
    People will quickly lose interest as it's took a lot of the fun parts out of it.
    They don't seem overly fussed in maintaining/working on it either.
    Jese Rodriguez was added to the main game but still not an option in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

You can click each teams page and click transactions to see all their transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You can click each teams page and click transactions to see all their transactions

Very time consuming though, on the league hub or transactions page they should just list all transactions made. Otherwise you're constantly clicking in and out of everyone's teams.

All that wheeling and dealing for very little return...and Alonso on the bench! :mad:

🤪

Brought in Fernandinho (Oxlade-Chamberlain out), Lowe (Daniels), and taking a punt on Richarlison (WAT) (Ramsey). The last is risky; Watford need to continue a good run and Ramsey could always grab a few points. Missed out on Jones as one of the lads seems determined to sign every United player he can.

Kane needs to come good and hoping for Mounie to bounce back after a quiet week. Alonso was put straight back in after Chelsea's game and the resulting heartbreak of so many points left on the bench! This could be a match for Ogbonna to do OK in, assuming he can get forward and West Ham can avoid getting players sent off!

Current starting team:
    426150.png

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Not sure it has been mentioned already but logged into the draft today and noticed they have added a filter on available players that you sign /draft. Useful to filter out players that are taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    Not sure it has been mentioned already but logged into the draft today and noticed they have added a filter on available players that you sign /draft. Useful to filter out players that are taken.

well spotted

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Made a couple of waiver requests for the first time. Managed to nab Cahill in exchange for Trippier. Secondly took a punt and got Bony in for Gabbi. Hopeful of making up the 2 point gap to Hooded Claws in first place :pac:

Forster(Pickford)
    Alonso Cahill Bailly Bellerin Walker
    Brady Mkyryan Salah (Tadic Phillips)
    Kane Bony (Chico)

• Advertisement

I had 3 successful transactions,

Fabianski in for Begovic, Swansea got some nice fixtures coming up

Baines in for Danilo, again Everton have killer fixtures in the next 8

Batshuayi in for Austin, this one is punty as I already have Morata, but at least I'll be covered if he gets dropped or rotated!

Advertisement