Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW2 Captain Poll

• 15-08-2017 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭

Who ye on?

GW2 Captain Poll 194 votes

Lukaku (swa)
    0% 0 votes
    Mkhitaryan (swa)
    62% 122 votes
    Vardy (BRI)
    0% 1 vote
    Firmino (CRY)
    5% 11 votes
    Salah (CRY)
    7% 15 votes
    Mane (CRY)
    9% 19 votes
    Lacazette (sto)
    2% 4 votes
    Gabbiadini (WHA)
    0% 1 vote
    Mounie (NEW)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane (CHE)
    0% 0 votes
    Alli (CHE)
    3% 7 votes
    Eriksen (CHE)
    0% 1 vote
    Morata (tot)
    0% 0 votes
    Willian (tot)
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero (EVE)
    0% 0 votes
    Jesus (EVE)
    2% 5 votes
    KDB (EVE)
    1% 2 votes
    Other (Please write in comments)
    3% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Leaving it on Salah.

Goal and assist. Wasn't the sharpish, missed one or two chances, the Hoffenheim game will bring him on again and a HOME debut. No brainer to stick to my guns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Kane for now.

Tempted by Firmino though

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Currently Lukaku but might bring in Vardy or a Pool player and captain them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Voted Kane but then looked at poll results here and on FFS and knowing a lot will stick on my work league I may play safe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Will leave it with Big Rom I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Leaving the armband on Lukaku I think. No point in taking huge captaincy risks this early in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Lukaku for now. I fancy Kane against Chelsea but will probably stay safe with rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Waiting to see how Salah does tonight, but probably Salah

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

60/40between Lukaku and Salah/Firmino.

Liverpool playing midweek is whyI am more likely to give it to Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lukaku to be Safe

Otherwise it would be Firmino.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lukaku currently at nearly 50% in the FFS captaincy poll (nearly 60% here so far), and now owned by 51.5% of teams. Swansea conceded almost 30 goal attempts and I think 16 in the box vs Southampton.

I have Vardy and had him in my team pretty much with this GW in mind, but with Lukaku looking good and running away with the polls I think this is a shield moment.

Am I being sensible or chicken shít?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

FHFC wrote: »
    Lukaku currently at nearly 50% in the FFS captaincy poll (nearly 60% here so far), and now owned by 51.5% of teams. Swansea conceded almost 30 goal attempts and I think 16 in the box vs Southampton.

I have Vardy and had him in my team pretty much with this GW in mind, but with Lukaku looking good and running away with the polls I think this is a shield moment.

Chicken sh1t. Put it on the Swansea keeper :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Salah for me Kane vice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Mané

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I got vardy this week with a view to possibly captaining him but yeah think I will also be a sensible chicken sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Lukaku again for me....Firmino is tempting as well but probably the riskier option with a European game on the horizon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm definitely in the minority but the captaincy is on Kane for me for now.

2 years ago when Courtois was sent off in Chelsea's opening fixture, they drew 2-2 at home to Swansea, lucky enough to do so too.

This was the beginning of the end for Mourinho at Chelsea even after they had won the PL league. They lost away to City 3-0 the following week.

2 years on, opening fixture after winning the PL, they get 2 men sent off and lose to Burnley at home 3-2. They then have to play Spurs away from home.

Deja Vu?

Kane Hat trick incoming please :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

2 years on, opening fixture after winning the PL, they get 2 men sent off and lose to Burnley at home 3-2. They then have to play Spurs away from home.

Spurs are away from home as well though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

And you may also add that it is Mourinho's second season at MU. Mourinho's famous/infamous second seasons always being the successful ones where his teams run smoothly.

As we always say this game is a marathon, not a sprint. And in a marathon, you don't take unsensible risks. When the finish is far away and everyone's economising his breath, you don't try to be the smart one with a crazy breakaway. You stay calm and prepare your attack for when the situation will be more favourable for you ;). And then you sting :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lukaku

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

I'd like to change my vote from Kane to lukaku :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lukaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Went for Kane last week and it backfired so I'll play it safe with Lukaku this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Voted Salah but with that high a % will have to be Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

Lukaku for me as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Kun but Jesus is calling. MNF!!!
    Firmino vc atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

It's gotta be Lukaku again. He's owned by the vast majority of serious players so if he does the business again and I don't captain him I'll lose a lot of ground. I can take risks later in the season but for now will play safe with the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd love to go Salah, and it's the type of week I probably would if it was in say halfway through the season or maybe even in a few weeks time when things have settled right down, but there's no point taking a chance in not captaining Lukaku given the ownership and captain's polls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Toss up between Rom and Firmino, Liverpool could put Palace to the sword

Advertisement