Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a mechanic in Navan

Options
  • 16-08-2017 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭

Hi folks, I've to get the car serviced soon along with a couple of other bits and pieces. Can anyone recommened a mechanic with a reputation for quality of work and honest pricing? I'd consider going to Firststop or one of those places too if anyone has experience of them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

What car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Petyr Baelish

What car is it?

Mitsubishi Colt

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭mrsbeebee

Currans texaco beside Garlow cross are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Avoid merrywell on commons road.

Herself changed cars, not the best car and ended up with him five times in a year(even with work still a good deal on car).

The last issue being brakes, two visits(let her go with warning about caliper will go soon), numerous days, over E200 to end up on side of N2 with smoke from the right wheel as the brake caliper locked(could tell us left one was going but not right one, then breakdown and my mechanic agreed should've changed both or suggested to do both)

Went in to owner to see would he do the right thing, not my fault, then i'll look after her(in other words pay him more money and i'll give you some off), said i wouldn't trust you to work on car again, didn't seem to worried and i left

She got onto Lynmac Auto (lads who worked in commons road cars before change of owner) via Facebook messenger, very helpful and pleasant, they did the work she wanted there and then, no come back and even checked the car as she was worried after brake issues

https://www.facebook.com/www.lynmacauto.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Geranium40

Hi
    If you are willing to travel to Trim I would highly recommend Nigel in Autopoint, on the Dublin Road. He is honest and reliable with very clear pricing on all parts and work done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,361 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Avoid the place beside the europcar rental.
    They damaged my partner's car before, causing a brake warning light to come on, by disconnecting a cable. For someone else they might have been made to pay for them to "fix" it. bunch of cowboys.

I don't have a positive reccomendation in Navan.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

ELM327 wrote: »
    They damaged my partner's car before, causing a brake warning light to come on, by disconnecting a cable. For someone else they might have been made to pay for them to "fix" it. bunch of cowboys.

I don't have a positive reccomendation in Navan.

Yeah they're dangerous in there, they tried to pawn repairs on my car that i didn't need.

I recommend TME out the Proudstown road, they serviced my car and i was very happy with their service.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭- bo -

Geranium40 wrote: »
    Hi
    If you are willing to travel to Trim I would highly recommend Nigel in Autopoint, on the Dublin Road. He is honest and reliable with very clear pricing on all parts and work done.

I'd second this, Nigel is a sound fella and very well priced, I had various bits done to my car about a year ago by him. He also threw in a coupon for a free coffee in the Londis nextdoor, nice touch.

If you aren't up for venturing far beyond Navan, I'd go to J&S Motors (Gainstown) otherwise.
    ELM327 wrote: »

The place facing it across the road on the corner? If so then I'd absolutely second this too.

- bo - wrote:
    If you aren't up for venturing far beyond Navan, I'd go to J&S Motors (Gainstown) otherwise.

Wouldn't go there

The usual we know you cheap, we don't screw you on price and waiting time.

Got gearbox and clutch done, then noise coming from it, clutch release bearing (hundreds on labour alone). Didn't want to know, just praying it never goes

• Registered Users Posts: 21,361 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

- bo - wrote: »
    I'd second this, Nigel is a sound fella and very well priced, I had various bits done to my car about a year ago by him. He also threw in a coupon for a free coffee in the Londis nextdoor, nice touch.

The place facing it across the road on the corner? If so then I'd absolutely second this too.

Would avoid that place like the plague.
    they are the local AA callouts and they like to add to the repairs, shall we say.

yes the place on the corner. Not the one beside the remfac place but the other side.
    jeffk wrote: »
    Wouldn't go there

The usual we know you cheap, we don't screw you on price and waiting time.

Got gearbox and clutch done, then noise coming from it, clutch release bearing (hundreds on labour alone). Didn't want to know, just praying it never goes

+1

• Advertisement

Booked in to Lynmac Auto based on what I've read here and on the Facebook page.

Thanks for the help!

Booked in to Lynmac Auto based on what I've read here and on the Facebook page.

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Hopefully you come back with positive news and mostly get the car sorted

jeffk wrote: »
    Hopefully you come back with positive news and mostly get the car sorted

I'll certainly let you know how it goes but it's still a couple of weeks away yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

I'll certainly let you know how it goes but it's still a couple of weeks away yet.

Lynmac service both of our cars( Golf GTI & Audi A6) to a very high standard and are highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Vicxas wrote: »
    I recommend TME out the Proudstown road, they serviced my car and i was very happy with their service.

Where are they? I can only think of Sweeney and Mileage tyres...

Ok so I had the service done with Lynnmac on Friday and the car is driving great now, much smoother than before. Bernard is a sound guy and he comes accross as honest too. I had some concern over an issue with the timing belt but he said it was fine. I'm sure there are many others who would have taken advantage of that and performed unnecessary work but he didn't. He even gave the car a quick wash afterwards so that was a nice touch.

Would definitely recommend and I'll be going back to him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

As a taximan around the town i'd thought i'd weigh in with what mechanic ive used or has been recommended to me, personally I use Autotec beside navan nissan in balmoral,
    I haven't had any dealings with lynmac although i do know bernard from his time in commons road cars and he isn't out to screw anyone, very professional. few other taxi's in the town are big fans of tme motors, He gave a good price on a friends avensis that blew it's injectors . My 2 cent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Where are they? I can only think of Sweeney and Mileage tyres...

If you turn left at Mileage Tyres and head down the alley they're on the units on the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

anyone recommend a decent auto electrician in the Navan area?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ajarms86

Hey Folks,

Don't want to drag up an old thread but I thought this might be relevant.

I've just moved to Nobber Co. Meath and need to get work done to my Hyundai i40.

Has anyone on here used the local garage in Nobber (Sean Weldon Motors)?

Would love to here anyone experience/recondmendations for the local garage in Nobber?

Thanks,

Anthony

• Advertisement
Advertisement