Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best Santa experience in the west/south

Options
  • 09-08-2017 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Iv been to Westport house a couple of times but heard Bunratty castle is nice or anywhere in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I don't have kids, but I know numerous families who have returned year after year to Bunratty. It's not just Santa, they decorate the whole village, so it's the whole experience you get. Not sure when the booking opens, but book early if you want decent time slots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Ailwee caves is supposed to be really magical. I nearly went one year but had to turn back due to floods :( lots of friends have been and highly recommend it. Book early as it is very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭bubblesforyou

I just booked Bunratty for this Christmas on the advise of lots of friends - can't wait - big kid myself and I LOVE Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

My little lad will be coming three this Christmas so I cannot wait!! I'm in the north Kildare region though so need to figure out where to go

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I love my Santa to have a real beard, so haven't found the experience yet, though I've been to a few really good ones. It's worth noting though that you can go to Bunratty in the evenings and do everything but the Santa for something like €15 a family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

My little lad will be coming three this Christmas so I cannot wait!! I'm in the north Kildare region though so need to figure out where to go

Lullymore santa is brilliant also the head elf. There's no booking so queues can be hit n miss but if you go midweek it's usually pretty quick. We've been the last few years with our lot and will probably go again this year but reading about Bunratty makes me curious about a possible night away.

http://www.lullymoreheritagepark.com/

Scratch that €132 :eek: Why are adults €14 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Lullymore santa is brilliant also the head elf. There's no booking so queues can be hit n miss but if you go midweek it's usually pretty quick. We've been the last few years with our lot and will probably go again this year but reading about Bunratty makes me curious about a possible night away.

http://www.lullymoreheritagepark.com/

Scratch that €132 :eek: Why are adults €14 :confused:

Causey is 50e for us two parents and the toddler. I've heard some mixed things, is it worth that price point?

Rathwood is a fraction further than I'd like to travel with him

Lullymore looks great too but we'd definitely have to go midweek due to queues

Advertisement