Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017/18 Preseason, European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Worth considering that United are playing Real Madrid before people start overreacting and taking United players out of their team based on this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Lukaku (Matic)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Paully D wrote: »
    Worth considering that United are playing Real Madrid before people start overreacting and taking United players out of their team based on this game.

No I think they shud take them out ;)

All joking aside though if ye have lindelof take him out cos Jose will be !

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

km79 wrote: »
    No I think they shud take them out ;)

All joking aside though if ye have lindelof take him out cos Jose will be !

I wish I had the balls to take a punt on Jones. Smalling could get the nod alongside Bailly, no?

Paully D wrote: »
    I wish I had the balls to take a punt on Jones. Smalling could get the nod alongside Bailly, no?

No he has been paired mainly with ljndelof and was also poor tonight
    But of course Phil Jones could break at any given moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Liverpool XI: Mignolet; Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, Matip, Moreno; Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum; Mane, Firmino, Salah.

Liverpool unchanged
    If this tie is still in the balance next weekends team sheet will be interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Liverpool unchanged
    If this tie is still in the balance next weekends team sheet will be interesting

I doubt it'll be a factor. 4 days between each set of games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Liverpool unchanged

Their isn't really any changes that can be made. I wouldn't expect any rotation in the front 3. 4 day break till sat and another 4 days till wed.

Liverpool unchanged

Their isn't really any changes that can be made. I wouldn't expect any rotation in the front 3. 4 day break till sat and another 4 days till wed.
    Origi ? Sturridge ?
    If this tie is still alive I'll eat my hat if the team and frontline is unchanged for palace hoffenheim and Arsenal in the palace of 10/11 days after this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

TAA (mane)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

KevIRL wrote: »
    TAA (mane)

Pretty handy at the free kicks he is!! TAA. Interesting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Salah has been really poor

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Milner goal

Firmino assist
    Tie over

Mane has been class tonight. I'm on mane and salah but in time I'd hope to end up with mane and firmino.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Mane has been class tonight. I'm on mane and salah but in time I'd hope to end up with mane and firmino.

Ya, by far and away Pool's best player

I onlyseen last 5 minutes but it was enough to convince me to play Scott Dann
    They just can not defend set pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Moreno and Lovren were awful. Diagonal ball constantly and out of position constantly.

Alex-arnold seems a decent player but got caught out a few times.

Liverpool badly need to strengthen that defence. Danny rose lwb and VVD cb be a good improvement. Maybe throw in Costa with the coutinho money 😂. Very decent side then!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Highlight of the game for me was Kevin Kilbane on commentary, when Milner came on for Henderson to suggest Milner go left back as he played there last season and put Moreno up in midfield.

If only Klopp had directly replaced Henderson with a player that has won 2 Premier League titles with Man City when primarily playing in midfield,

wait no that's exactly what he did. :rolleyes:

To be fair to Kevin, getting Moreno as far away from the back four as possible would have been a sound strategy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Both Salah and Mane looked sharp in the extended highlights. Happy to have one of them in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

wonski wrote: »
    Both Salah and Mane looked sharp in the extended highlights. Happy to have one of them in my team.

And Firmino to convert the penalties when one of them gets fouled :pac: Mané was superb. Salah not quite so good but continues to get in good positions and i'm sure he'll provide good value for £9m

manual_man wrote: »
    And Firmino to convert the penalties when one of them gets fouled :pac: Mané was superb. Salah not quite so good but continues to get in good positions and i'm sure he'll provide good value for £9m

I will stick with Firmino for now.

He might not look as explosive as the other two, but he runs between two players who can pass the ball at any time so he can tap it in.

I onlyseen last 5 minutes but it was enough to convince me to play Scott Dann
    They just can not defend set pieces

Not just set pieces. Moreno's display tonight was comical I can't sell benteke this week.

This game will be FPL goldmine with no clean sheets and lot of goals:D

Can't wait :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

wonski wrote: »

Back to Liverpool MF roulette then...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

PVA wrote: »
    Back to Liverpool MF roulette then...

Very true.....will be even more of a lottery when/if Coutinho returns.

My 2 cents on Liverpool (as a long long suffering fan)

- Liverpool looked very slick going forward, Salah had 2 or 3 reasonable chances, Firmino missed a good chance (good save actually iirc), Mane had an excellent game - unlucky not to score or have a hatful of assists.

As it stands - if you don't have cover and can afford it I'd go for Mane. Salah may take a few games to get fully up to speed.

- The defence is an absolute omnishambles - TAA will probably get a lot of attention due to his goal but his general defending was poor and he actually butchered a few attacks as well. Harsh perhaps on an 18 year old I know but Liverpool will keep feck all clean sheets this season the way it's looking.

TAA might be worth a punt at 4.5m but I wouldn't be counting on him getting regular 6 pointers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'm only TAA'ing for a price rise. I would fancy myself to score against Liverpool from a set piece. I think I'll be doubling up on attack though come WC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

Only Everton playing tonight then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Everton: Pickford, Martina, Williams, Keane, Baines, Schneiderlin, Gueye, Klaassen, Mirallas, Lookman, Rooney

Subs: Stekelenburg, Holgate, Jagielka, Bešić, Davies, Lennon, Calvert-Lewin

Advertisement