Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland hurling final tickets Mod Note #38

• 15-08-2017 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Hey lads looking for a pair of hurling final tickets as a present for a genuine fan that has been to all the games so far this year any help much appreciated ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

I am on the look out too.
    Went to all the games and bought through public sale / tickets but obviously that will not be possible for this match.
    Not sure what my options are for this one - will just have to keep the ear out closer to the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

carq wrote: »
    I am on the look out too.
    Went to all the games and bought through public sale / tickets but obviously that will not be possible for this match.
    Not sure what my options are for this one - will just have to keep the ear out closer to the day.

Just out of curiosity why didn't you get a season ticket? Granted if it's only champ games you went to, it prob wouldn't entitle you to final ticket

If you're not a member of a club or don't have a season ticket it will be tricky. Surely you have people you know in other counties though that are club members in those counties? Worth a go. Someone in cork would be great as they'll get a decent allocation

All in all though I'd be very surprised to see any genuine fans left stuck on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HurlingRanker

If a person really does go to every match then the season ticket really is a no-brainer, you can't put a price on the peace of mind you get from knowing you won't have to endure the painful search for a ticket should your team reach the final.

I'd imagine it's utterly pointless asking on boards, these things come down to who you know, and anyone who does have access to tickets will have a long line of real life people looking for tickets before they think "Let's see if anyone on the internet needs a ticket?"

Advice- be prepared to go down to the wire, some people only eventually end up securing tickets on the morning of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mayopanda84

ah the same story every year for all Ireland finals, everyone is a genuine fan thats been to every game all year and haven't missed a game

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭carq

ah the same story every year for all Ireland finals, everyone is a genuine fan thats been to every game all year and haven't missed a game

You can be cynical all you want but it is unique in GAA that they deliver tickets via public sale all year and then when the final comes around there is no public sale.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who will have gone to all the games this year and sourced their tickets via public sale who are now left in the cold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭bizidea

Ya never know boards might be as good a place as any this person is a member of two clubs can guarantee you their name won't come out in the draw for the tickets in their home club because as you say its all who you know in the gaa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

It's not strange for people to not be affiliated with a club, and still support their county.

Tickets are available on general sale for every game up until now so it's not that farfetched to think somebody could have gone to every game and be stuck for this.

I live outside the county I support and have done for a long time. I sourced my tickets through tickets.ie and while I have the contacts to get one for the AI Final should I want to go, many won't.

I was at Cork/Tipp, Cork/Waterford, Tipp/Dublin and Kilkenny/Waterford, Tipp/Clare, Waterford/Wexford, Cork/Waterford, Tipp/Galway, and in the football I saw Cork/Tipp and Tipp/Armagh. So 10 games, 9 tickets. All off tickets.ie which is no longer an option for the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mayopanda84

ok lets take the Fa cup for example, in the earlier rounds you will usually pick up tickets on general sale and most clubs will have cheaper tickets available for kids etc to encourage people to attend, Semi finals at wembley tickets will be allocated to season ticket holders of the club first and then members if any left. Then the final it will be season ticket holders only.

so i think you will find that the gaa is not unique in the way it processes tickets.

if you go to every game you should have a season ticket, these were available for everyone at the start of the year apart from Mayo and Dublin fans.

Why not to mayo or Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

bizidea wrote: »
    Why not to mayo or Dublin

Those season tickets are full and have a waiting list for a ticket should one become available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

What they cost? Them season tickets

If people do really go to every game surely they'd know plenty of other diehards though? At the very least have contacts who'll keep an eye out for you

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    What they cost? Them season tickets
    €99 for the one which requires a minimum attendance of all the county's league + championship games or €200 for the club + which guarantees a final ticket regardless of attendance and gives access to all your nominated county's club championship games.

jr86 wrote: »
    If people do really go to every game surely they'd know plenty of other diehards though? At the very least have contacts who'll keep an eye out for you
    It would be fantastic if as many people actually went to every game as you'll hear claimed over the next three weeks! Just over 4,000 attended Waterford v Offaly while just over 6,000 attended Galway v Offaly!

In fairness, it has been a decent year attendance wise overall, largely owing to a surge in interest in Wexford and Cork.

It would be fantastic if as many people actually went to every game as you'll hear claimed over the next three weeks! Just over 4,000 attended Waterford v Offaly while just over 6,000 attended Galway v Offaly!

In fairness, it has been a decent year attendance wise overall, largely owing to a surge in interest in Wexford and Cork.

Agree

Also to be honest I wouldn't even call it an achievement to have attended Galway's 4 champ games or at the very least most of them. The Leinster final given it wasnt kk drew a huge contingent as did the semi

I'd eat my hat if anyone who attended every league and champ game wasn't sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Jankouskas87

Simple solution to the problem in my mind based on a few assumptions which is the following:

1.If you purchase a ticket on Tickets.ie you are registered as a user right.
    2.The GAA has a centralised record of all Club Members

If the above isn't true then you can ignore the rest of this :

1.If the far above is true then Tickets.ie should provide this list to the GAA who can cross reference the details with their centralised record of all Club Members.
    2.The GAA could then make a decision to allocate a number of tickets to those people who are registered with Tickets.ie but not a member of a GAA club.
    3.They could also get stricter about the Tickets.ie allocation by excluding anyone has only bought 1 ticket , maybe even 2 but effectively they may need to make a decision on how to allocate tickets to those user's who have only purchased through tickets.ie

To be honest it's a known issue that if you're not a member of a club or have contacts that can get tickets for you you are the last to get tickets for the All Ireland Finals- to be honest I don't have a major problem with that either.By all accounts if you have attended a lot of games in a season and you can't get a ticket for the All Ireland final then I have sympathy for you but you would be aware of that from the outset.

Up until after the Euro's I wasn't a season ticket holder with the FAI so getting ticket for away games was difficult for me always but now I've bought a Season ticket as it usually means I will get tickets for away games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Simple solution to the problem in my mind based on a few assumptions which is the following:

1.If you purchase a ticket on Tickets.ie you are registered as a user right.
    2.The GAA has a centralised record of all Club Members

If the above isn't true then you can ignore the rest of this :

1.If the far above is true then Tickets.ie should provide this list to the GAA who can cross reference the details with their centralised record of all Club Members.
    2.The GAA could then make a decision to allocate a number of tickets to those people who are registered with Tickets.ie but not a member of a GAA club.
    3.They could also get stricter about the Tickets.ie allocation by excluding anyone has only bought 1 ticket , maybe even 2 but effectively they may need to make a decision on how to allocate tickets to those user's who have only purchased through tickets.ie

To be honest it's a known issue that if you're not a member of a club or have contacts that can get tickets for you you are the last to get tickets for the All Ireland Finals- to be honest I don't have a major problem with that either.By all accounts if you have attended a lot of games in a season and you can't get a ticket for the All Ireland final then I have sympathy for you but you would be aware of that from the outset.

Up until after the Euro's I wasn't a season ticket holder with the FAI so getting ticket for away games was difficult for me always but now I've bought a Season ticket as it usually means I will get tickets for away games etc.

I buy my tickets from the Croke Park office in Dorset Street, some in cash, some on my credit card so that system can't work for everyone. No system will ever by 100% right and its the GAA's right to give it to paid up members first. I'll be annoying everyone trying to get one so what can you do but try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'd really recommend ye to get a season ticket in future. They've been out for years now and still people will only hear about them for the first time the weeks before finals.

It's just a €100
    -You get all the League games you want for that depending on whether your ST is hurling or football. If you had a Galway season ticket and were away for a weekend you could go see Cork-Clare in the hurling.
    -Free stand ticket for the first championship game.
    -Free entry to Club Finals.
    -€5 off championship tickets up to finals.
    -Very good seats in the Cusack in Croker.
    -60% attendance of League+Championship and you're guaranteed to ticket if your team gets to the final.

It's too late for this final but I always hear people moaning about real fans not getting tickets. Here's what ya do even if you have no contacts:
    Get up to Dublin very early Sunday morning, go towards the ground into Gills etc and start asking if there's spares going. I know a Mayo fan who got one last year and that's probably the toughest game you could get a ticket for. If you put in the work you'll be sorted.

This person would have attended all championship and league hurling all championship football missed two league football games and would have attended a good few of the minor hurling games and there not sorted so start eating that hat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This person would have attended all championship and league hurling all championship football missed two league football games and would have attended a good few of the minor hurling games and there not sorted so start eating that hat lol

They should have got a season ticket then. Would be guaranteed a ticket for the final. There'll be 30k Waterford people claiming they're die hard supporters who go to all the games over the next few weeks. Yet there was only 4k at the Offaly game. Having said that I know a lad who went to no games this year but is guaranteed a AI final ticket through his club.

• Advertisement

It's over 2 and a half weeks out ffs

The club draws aren't for another 2 weeks yet

Are they honestly worried they won't get one or are you overreacting on their behalf unbeknownst to them?

Did they get sorted in 2015 and 2012?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

carq wrote: »
    You can be cynical all you want but it is unique in GAA that they deliver tickets via public sale all year and then when the final comes around there is no public sale.
    I'm sure there are plenty of people who will have gone to all the games this year and sourced their tickets via public sale who are now left in the cold.

No it's not unique to the GAA. Super Bowl tickets don't go on general sale but regular season tickets can be bought on Ticketmaster. And I'm sure there are plenty of other examples.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

Or as Derek McGrath said, only 50 people went to the Limerick league from Waterford in 2015. We should all be in the ard comhairle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Both of us have 82% attendance on our Waterford season ticket accounts so should be ok for tickets. Wish they would hurry up with the email

Have heard already of people who didn't attend a game all year looking for tickets too the final

Ask everyone you know that is part of a GAA club anywhere, works or knows someone in any of the sponsors, general people in the know. Keep an eye out on Toutless

Please don't panic and buy off touts for over the odds

It's over 2 and a half weeks out ffs

The club draws aren't for another 2 weeks yet

Are they honestly worried they won't get one or are you overreacting on their behalf unbeknownst to them?

Did they get sorted in 2015 and 2012?

Not panicking just asking a question and yes they got sorted for past finals but not through their home club

Definetly won't be buying off a tout never have and never will

Not panicking just asking a question and yes they got sorted for past finals but not through their home club

You're acting like it's the morning of the match

The real ticket movement doesn't start until the week in the lead up. A large amount won't get a ticket until the day before or the day itself

Relax, im sure they'll be sorted. It will take plenty of phonecalls and graft though. In all honesty id put far more effort in contacting real life connections than strangers online.

Selling a ticket on an internet forum would be about my 1000th port of call

You're acting like it's the morning of the match

The real ticket movement doesn't start until the week in the lead up. A large amount won't get a ticket until the day before or the day itself

Relax, im sure they'll be sorted. It will take plenty of phonecalls and graft though. In all honesty id put far more effort in contacting real life connections than strangers online.

Selling a ticket on an internet forum would be about my 1000th port of call

Just wondering how I'm acting like its the morning of the match like I said before I'm just asking a question no harm in asking is there

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seen a few places on Facebook running competitions for All Ireland final tickets. Where are they getting the tickets, one was a hairdressers ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭lemmno

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Seen a few places on Facebook running competitions for All Ireland final tickets. Where are they getting the tickets, one was a hairdressers ???

That's brilliant! The clubs don't have them yet but the hairdressers have a magical stash!

Advertisement