Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,327 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Straight swap from Fabregas to Willian.

As poor as Chelsea were, it was just a freak 20 minutes where they conceded the goals after going down to 10 men.

Still scored 2, so I want a piece of that pie going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Thinking Kane to Aguero for 1 week but also need to get rid of Iwobi as well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I liked Palace's fixtures prior to the Huddersfield game but if there is news of Zaha's injury and he's out, may switch to Ramsey before he goes up in price. Be good to have Arsenal coverage too

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Iwobi to Cork done

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

PARlance wrote: »
    Iwobi to Cork done

As a Cork City fan, that sounds really weird! :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

What's the story with West Broms cbs when McCauley is fit?? I have Dawson but is he a certain starter when everyone is fit??

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I liked Palace's fixtures prior to the Huddersfield game but if there is news of Zaha's injury and he's out, may switch to Ramsey before he goes up in price. Be good to have Arsenal coverage too

Is Zaha injured? He's not flagged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Taking a punt already - Cesc out, Wijnaldum in.

carnie wrote: »
    Is Zaha injured? He's not flagged.

Nothing concrete as of yet but he posted a pic on Instagram yesterday with his knee in a brace that was deleted shortly after.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crystalpalace/comments/6tf8or/zaha_in_a_leg_brace/

As I said, nothing has been released publicly yet. He got a bit of a kicking but played the 90 mins so could have just been precautionary for the brace, not sure why the posts, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Nothing concrete as of yet but he posted a pic on Instagram yesterday with his knee in a brace that was deleted shortly after.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crystalpalace/comments/6tf8or/zaha_in_a_leg_brace/

As I said, nothing has been released publicly yet. He got a bit of a kicking but played the 90 mins so could have just been precautionary for the brace, not sure why the posts, etc

Cheers.. Will keep an eye on that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

hefferboi wrote: »
    What's the story with West Broms cbs when McCauley is fit?? I have Dawson but is he a certain starter when everyone is fit??
    I'd say if hegazi keeps playing well he will keep his spot
    McCauley is about 50 at this stage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Repeating myself here :pac: but isn't it likely Ramsey will be benched?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

siblers wrote: »
    Repeating myself here :pac: but isn't it likely Ramsey will be benched?

Don't think so, only reason he didn't start was because he had a slight injury and as Wenger said in his post match interview in the past he has started him in that situation and it has led to a more serious injury.

Going forward, pardon the pun, Ramsey and Xhaka will absolutely be nailed on as Arsenal's first choice midfield partnership - Xhaka got two assists on Friday night one of which was an incredible pass - but his general play was poor I thought and of course he is a yellow card machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,237 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Who will lose out in the Arsenal midfield for Rambo?

Who will lose out in the Arsenal midfield for Rambo?

Elneny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The good news is that I am emerging from GW1 with all 15 of my team having started.

Fabregas to Willian is my transfer for the week.

But I see a lot of people are hitting the panic button and Kane, Zaha and Jesus at risk of dropping in price. But no panic here!

Winterlong wrote: »
    The good news is that I am emerging from GW1 with all 15 of my team having started.

Fabregas to Willian is my transfer for the week.

But I see a lot of people are hitting the panic button and Kane, Zaha and Jesus at risk of dropping in price. But no panic here!

Jesus the only one of those three I have and haven't even considered off loading and am unsure why anyone would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Wilfried Zaha was wearing a hinged knee support after Saturday's game as a 'precautionary measure' according to the Croydon Advertiser #CPFC

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Xaniaj

km79 wrote: »
    Wilfried Zaha was wearing a hinged knee support after Saturday's game as a 'precautionary measure' according to the Croydon Advertiser #CPFC

Would love that cleared up asap so I can see whether I have a free transfer to use this week or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

danganabu wrote: »
    Jesus the only one of those three I have and haven't even considered off loading and am unsure why anyone would do.

I have Kun, Lukaku and Jesus and I'm quite tempted by a Jesus to Vardy transfer. It would mean that I have 8.5m to upgrade Walters (or 7.5 to upgrage one of my 4.5's).

But I promised myself to give them a few GW's. Another GW or two and that midfielder might jump out a little more. I've a 0.5m cushion that should allow that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Opinions on keeping Rooney for another week? I need to ship out iwobi as he's a non starter, Atsu replaces him though as first sub and he seemed to be newcastles best chance of goals/assists yesterday?

So Rooney to a chicarito

Or Rooney to iheanacho (didn't start)

Or iwobi to someone else and go 5 man mid with lukaku up front?

Argh.

Opinions on keeping Rooney for another week? I need to ship out iwobi as he's a non starter, Atsu replaces him though as first sub and he seemed to be newcastles best chance of goals/assists yesterday?

So Rooney to a chicarito

Or Rooney to iheanacho (didn't start)

Or iwobi to someone else and go 5 man mid with lukaku up front?

Argh.

I'd probably dump Lukaku whatever you do anyway.

:confused: Why?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I am at a loss.

EDIT: I'll elaborate. Why get rid of a played who has scored 13 points in GW1 and who has unbelievable fixtures ahead?

Ok... any sensible opinions?

Woooosh, was in jest to the competition!

Obvious he's in for the season barring injury

Woooosh, was in jest to the competition!

Obvious he's in for the season barring injury

To be fair to the lads you did forget to use the sarcasm font :D

Let me assure you Fantasy Football is no laughing matter.

• Advertisement

Let me assure you Fantasy Football is no laughing matter.

You haven't seen my draft team obviously :D

Advertisement