Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lukaku has Leicester at home that week so don't think Kane (c) is a foregone conclusion now.

I don't own Kane but I'll find it very hard to resist getting him in and giving him the armband for that game. For those that have gone with Kane from the start I think you have to give him at least those 3 gws.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I don't own Kane but I'll find it very hard to resist getting him in and giving him the armband for that game. For those that have gone with Kane from the start I think you have to give him at least those 3 gws.

Have Kane Lukaku and Gabbi

Tempted to bring in Mounie for Gabbi but he might be a flash in the pan merchant!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

mectavba wrote: »
    Do we reckon Ramsey is nailed on to start next week? I'm between him or Willian to replace Fabregas

I didn't think he is certain but likely
    I think people doing fab to willian are taking a risk
    There are 2 gws left until into break when I think hazard is back
    One is spurs away with a depleted team.......for the first hour yday as well willian was anonymous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

km79 wrote: »
    I'm actually considering Kane captain against Chelsea now though !
    He was poor today but still had a one on one and hit the post
    Chelsea were all over the place
    Think he has a good record against them too?

Not the greatest, 4 goals in 8 games and 2 coming in one game. Not sure on assists but would like to see if anyone has them?

Nonetheless, I'm definitely thinking of captaining Kane this weekend, Chelsea looked really awful yesterday, albeit without Cahill. There was no leadership or shape and Cahill will be a big loss.

Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, I'd expect Kane to do well against, didn't have the best of games today but still looked decent hitting the post and having a goal disallowed. He'll want to break that August 'record' as well as I wouldn't back against him doing it vs Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Not the greatest, 4 goals in 8 games and 2 coming in one game. Not sure on assists but would like to see if anyone has them?

Nonetheless, I'm definitely thinking of captaining Kane this weekend, Chelsea looked really awful yesterday, albeit without Cahill. There was no leadership or shape and Cahill will be a big loss.

Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen, I'd expect Kane to do well against, didn't have the best of games today but still looked decent hitting the post and having a goal disallowed. He'll want to break that August 'record' as well as I wouldn't back against him doing it vs Chelsea

Considering what Chelsea have, it could even be a back 4 with Luiz having to go into midfield, so it'd be Kane vs Rudiger and Christensen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

titan18 wrote: »
    Considering what Chelsea have, it could even be a back 4 with Luiz having to go into midfield, so it'd be Kane vs Rudiger and Christensen

With Moses free to come back in at RWB, Azpi should go back to his usual position beside Luiz and one of Rudiger/Christensen

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have gone Iwobi to Mooy.

Really impressive yesterday. 3 of the Huddersfield next 4 are at home... how many times have we seen it before with promoted riding the crest of the waves early doors.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Have gone Iwobi to Mooy.

Really impressive yesterday. 3 of the Huddersfield next 4 are at home... how many times have we seen it before with promoted riding the crest of the waves early doors.

Interesting ...........I think I'll do that too
    He impressed on Motd
    Would allow Gabbi to firmino too just in case pool don't fall foul of their bogey team again !
    Will probably have to wait in zaha news though in case he he is out longer than fab

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

km79 wrote: »
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Have gone Iwobi to Mooy.

Interesting ...........I think I'll do that too
    He impressed on Motd
    If I join you I think we have our first bandwagon...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Peter File

Mounie in for Defoe? Huddersfield have a run of
    20 Aug 13:30 2 Newcastle (H) 2
    26 Aug 15:00 3 Southampton (H) 2
    11 Sep 20:00 4 West Ham (A) 2
    16 Sep 15:00 5 Leicester (H) 2
    23 Sep 15:00 6 Burnley (A)
    he could be this years Josh King?

• Advertisement

Peter File wrote: »

Either him or mooy

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Peter File wrote: »

All aboard the Mounie Train

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm talking about getting in Kane for gw3 to captain home against Burnley not the Chelsea game. I didn't start off with him as I didn't plan on captaining him till then.

I'm talking about getting in Kane for gw3 to captain home against Burnley not the Chelsea game. I didn't start off with him as I didn't plan on captaining him till then.

Think that was a reply to me as I said I'm thinking about it

Maybe someone who can do polls can set up the captaincy thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Transfers done. Busy week ahead so don't want to be over thinking this.
    The Liverpool champions league games made me sway towards vardy as opposed to firmino (with a view towards captaincy too)

Gabbi & cesc out for vardy & xhaka (for -4 obviously)

I have gabbi in draft so won't be too disappointed if he does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Cesc to Ramsey or Ox?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Cesc to Ramsey or Ox?

Ramsey. No question about that for me

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Cesc to Ramsey or Ox?

I'd default to Ramsey but Ox could be worth a look - had a fair few chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

manual_man wrote: »
    All aboard the Mounie Train

All aboard the Mooy Train
    (*for those gone big up too)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Cesc out and he shall never return. Albrighton in cos he's cheap and has nice home fixture next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Dónal wrote: »
    I'd default to Ramsey but Ox could be worth a look - had a fair few chances.

Will Ramsey even start next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Think I'm gonna do Mee to Hegazi just for the price rises. No other pressing issues in my team. Hegazi will replace Mee on my bench GW2 but will be a better option to start GW3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Kane to Lukaku done.

Wonder should I just do Iwobi to Chaka for the price rise.

Might be too late now anyhow.

It's 1.15am innit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,226 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Milner to Stones done! Maybe Kane to Rom for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Xhaka OR Silva?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

racso1975 wrote: »
    liking walker-peters at 4.5
    Why? Was walker not amazing yesterday?
    Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Not sure if serious... Ha
    Guffy wrote: »
    Walker had a good game yest. Granted i had audio only but was always spoken off in a positive light and had the freedom to push forward all the time, granted the opposition wasn't great.

Great exchange!

Walker-Peters and Walker are two different players :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

keano25 wrote: »
    Xhaka OR Silva?

Silva if you're only thinking of those two imo. But I wouldn't want either personally.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

So it wouldn't be an opening weekend of FPl without a few ol' injuries. Betrand supposedly came off with a knock and my secret weapon of Lejeune was assaulted by Kane and laster 30 mins.

Means I have to wait for injury news. If Bertrand is ok, I'll bank the transfer I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

Silva if you're only thinking of those two imo. But I wouldn't want either personally.

Who would you go with sub 9 mil so?

Advertisement