Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 2 transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

patmac wrote: »
    Heaton Elliot
    Jones Yoshida LeJeune (Mee Mariapa)
    Mane Fabregas Zaha, Iwobi, Carroll
    Jesus Lukaku Kane.
    Well lads to wildcard or not? Lejeune injured, Mariapa, Iwobi not in favour, Fabregas suspended, Zaha possible injury.
    Will to be changing front line ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

patmac wrote:
    Heaton Elliot Jones Yoshida LeJeune (Mee Mariapa) Mane Fabregas Zaha, Iwobi, Carroll Jesus Lukaku Kane. Well lads to wildcard or not? Lejeune injured, Mariapa, Iwobi not in favour, Fabregas suspended, Zaha possible injury.

A ft or a -4 and you can easily field 443 or 343 next week.

Nothing to say Kane, Jesus and Lukaku wont all score well next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

patmac wrote: »
    Heaton Elliot
    Jones Yoshida LeJeune (Mee Mariapa)
    Mane Fabregas Zaha, Iwobi, Carroll
    Jesus Lukaku Kane.
    Well lads to wildcard or not? Lejeune injured, Mariapa, Iwobi not in favour, Fabregas suspended, Zaha possible injury.

Don't think there's enough issues there to wc. You should have a decent starting back 4 for next week. Maybe just get rid of Fabregas and Iwobi. Ramsey and Mooy could be decent replacements.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,923 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Who to get rid of. Walters or Gabi? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Straight Darmian to Bavies swap before price changes. Hadn't planned on any transfers pre-international break tbh....

• Advertisement

Dice75 wrote: »
    Straight Darmian to Bavies swap before price changes. Hadn't planned on any transfers pre-international break tbh....
    You hadn't planned any transfers until gameweek 4?????

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

km79 wrote: »
    You hadn't planned any transfers until gameweek 4?????

Was happy with squad and more or less had teams finalised for first 3 matches. Wasn't expecting Darmian to be a bench risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

racso1975 wrote: »
    liking walker-peters at 4.5

Why? Was walker not amazing yesterday?

Fabregas to Ramsey
    And then .....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Why? Was walker not amazing yesterday?

Not sure if serious... Ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Will likely move out Iwobi having 8m to spend. Looking like Mikhi or Pogba..?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,019 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

If Zaha is injured, I'll move him out for Ramsey.

Likely to bank otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Guffy

Jesus lacazette lukaku

My 3 strikers, thinking if downgrading jesus or lacazette to improve my mid (it needs improving) jesus had a good first half yest and should have scored. I've been thinking of taking lac out for ferminho but will i be better off droping jesus given he is always going to have aguero alongside to split the goals?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Guffy

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Not sure if serious... Ha

Walker had a good game yest. Granted i had audio only but was always spoken off in a positive light and had the freedom to push forward all the time, granted the opposition wasn't great.

Hmm West Ham were muck today. Away at Southampton next. Maybe I'll hang on to Gabbi for one more week...:rolleyes:

Hmm West Ham were muck today. Away at Southampton next. Maybe I'll hang on to Gabbi for one more week...:rolleyes:
    Saints attacking play was woeful too
    Just realized Ramsey has stoke away too ...... dint really want to lose value in fab though ............god I hope zaha is fit !

km79 wrote: »
    Saints attacking play was woeful too
    Just realized Ramsey has stoke away too ...... dint really want to lose value in fab though ............god I hope zaha is fit !

They had so many attempts though. Arsenal won 4-1 at Stoke last season so maybe their bad record there has come to an end ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I have gabbi too and I'd keep him if I actually thought he'd start because chances are if they create 20 odd chances v West ham they'll get more than 2 on target. But I fear Austin will be given the start. So may get rid.

Ideally I'd like to do cesc to Ramsey. That'd mean keeping gabbi as don't think a -4 to mounie would be worth it.

But fearing gabbi won't start and having no Liverpool cover I might do
    Gabbi to firmino (or even vardy)
    And selling cesc to a 5.5 to get the 1.5 needed. I'd probably go with xhaka to maybe get a couple of price rises before my inevitable international break wc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Looking for anyones advice on changes to my team below. obvious changes for me are to take out fab and for go another mid or chop himself and batshuayi and bring in morata who'll start the next match I think.

hmmm or kane to lukaku.

foster

Davies Yoshida Bailly Fosu-Mensah

De Bruyne Fàbregas Salah

Kane Batshuayi Jesus

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I have gabbi too and I'd keep him if I actually thought he'd start because chances are if they create 20 odd chances v West ham they'll get more than 2 on target. But I fear Austin will be given the start. So may get rid.

Ideally I'd like to do cesc to Ramsey. That'd mean keeping gabbi as don't think a -4 to mounie would be worth it.

But fearing gabbi won't start and having no Liverpool cover I might do
    Gabbi to firmino (or even vardy)
    And selling cesc to a 5.5 to get the 1.5 needed. I'd probably go with xhaka to maybe get a couple of price rises before my inevitable international break wc.

Ya was considering Gabbi to Vardy/Firmino too, I'd have to downgrade Iwobi to a 4.5 though, either that or sell one of KDB/Willian/Zaha. I'd prefer Mooy to Xhaka, looked decent yesterday and two home games coming up. Xhaka is just as likely to get a yellow or red as he is to get a goal/assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Looking for anyones advice on changes to my team below. obvious changes for me are to take out fab and for go another mid or chop himself and batshuayi and bring in morata who'll start the next match I think.

hmmm or kane to lukaku.

foster

De Bruyne Fàbregas Salah

Kane Batshuayi Jesus

Really can't comment unless we know who is on your bench and if you can play them next week,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Ya was considering Gabbi to Vardy/Firmino too, I'd have to downgrade Iwobi to a 4.5 though, either that or sell one of KDB/Willian/Zaha. I'd prefer Mooy to Xhaka, looked decent yesterday and two home games coming up. Xhaka is just as likely to get a yellow or red as he is to get a goal/assist.

I'd get rid of iwobi. There's some ok 4.5's out There, Carroll or cork.
    I really don't like going into the Liverpool v palace game without a Liverpool attacker.
    We don't really have luxury of waiting for press conferences this early either (to see if gabbi will start) as a price rise so early means a player becomes out of reach.

I'm not overly fond of xhaka, if I get him it'll be purely to catch a price rise before my wildcard as no one else 5.5 jumping out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

hmmm or kane to lukaku.

foster

De Bruyne Fàbregas Salah

Kane Batshuayi Jesus

Sell batshuyi and fab and get in mkhi and a cheaper striker. I wouldn't sell Kane you will want him gw3 for captaincy.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    I'd get rid of iwobi. There's some ok 4.5's out There, Carroll or cork.
    I really don't like going into the Liverpool v palace game without a Liverpool attacker.
    We don't really have luxury of waiting for press conferences this early either (to see if gabbi will start) as a price rise so early means a player becomes out of reach.

I'm not overly fond of xhaka, if I get him it'll be purely to catch a price rise before my wildcard as no one else 5.5 jumping out at me.

Ya I already have Carroll. Don't want RLC as have Zaha so maybe Cork. Firmino seems the obvious transfer really...get rid of Gabbi and get Pool cover in one move.

Sell batshuyi and fab and get in mkhi and a cheaper striker. I wouldn't sell Kane you will want him gw3 for captaincy.

Lukaku has Leicester at home that week so don't think Kane (c) is a foregone conclusion now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just in case...for anyone considering bringing a Liverpool player in they have a Champions League qualifier midweek so hold off until after that if you can.

Tempted to bank although KDB to Mané/Salah is a possibility.

Any news yet on Zaha? He could have a field day against Liverpool

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Just in case...for anyone considering bringing a Liverpool player in they have a Champions League qualifier midweek so hold off until after that if you can.

Tempted to bank although KDB to Mané/Salah is a possibility.

Any news yet on Zaha? He could have a field day against Liverpool

Zaha is key to my transfers
    If he is ok then I'm ok with 1 maybe 2 transfers
    If not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Madness to consider a Jesus->Mounie transfer? :pac: Would then more than likely use the spare funds to get in a Spurs mid the week after

Lukaku has Leicester at home that week so don't think Kane (c) is a foregone conclusion now.

I'm actually considering Kane captain against Chelsea now though !
    He was poor today but still had a one on one and hit the post
    Chelsea were all over the place
    Think he has a good record against them too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Do we reckon Ramsey is nailed on to start next week? I'm between him or Willian to replace Fabregas

Advertisement