Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Croke Park seat swap

Options
  • 11-08-2017 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Hoping someone might be able to help me out here.

A few years ago I was at a game (hurling semi final) in HQ with an elderly relative and we were able to swap our seats in the upper hogan for lower level seats by going to the front desk in the museum.

Do they still do seat swaps and would they facilitate me if I wanted to swap pitch level seats (behind a goal) for something higher up with a better view??

It's for this Sunday as well btw.

Cheers in advance of all info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭mayopanda84

given that stand tickets are likely to be sold out for this weekend, i wouldnt imagine it would be possible to arrange a swap

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Hi OP
    Yes they do it.

An elderly family member moved from row Z in the upper Cusack to row A in the lower Davin at the football final replay last year.

Go to where you went last time and they will help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭howiya

I think they'll only help you out if you're up high and afraid of heights or suffer from vertigo. I don't think they'd move you from your pitch side seats.

Having said that if someone has been ahead of you asking for a swap their original seats might be available.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Worth asking at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

howiya wrote: »
    I think they'll only help you out if you're up high and afraid of heights or suffer from vertigo. I don't think they'd move you from your pitch side seats.

Having said that if someone has been ahead of you asking for a swap their original seats might be available.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Worth asking at least.

There are a certain amount of seats unsold for this very reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Thanks a million lads. Will chance it anyway on Sunday. Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Freejin

On a related but slightly different topic. Is it possible to return tickets at the ticket booth on Jones rd tomorrow. I got two Davin tickets but have since come by two central Cusack tickets. Will they take then back at the ticket booth?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Freejin wrote: »
    On a related but slightly different topic. Is it possible to return tickets at the ticket booth on Jones rd tomorrow. I got two Davin tickets but have since come by two central Cusack tickets. Will they take then back at the ticket booth?

No. You're better off going to Gills or Quinns etc and try to offload them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭howiya

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Sorry only seeing this now but yes they do. There are a certain amount of unsold seats in the lower davin end for every game for this reason.

Don't forget that not everyone can pick or choose their ticket. If you buy them online obviously you know what you're buying but then again it could be only the upper tier still for sale.

People getting their tickets from a club would put their name down for stand tickets but for a game with high demand a club would get a mix of upper and lower tier tickets.

And then of course All-Ireland day, you'd take any ticket rather than having no ticket

Advertisement