Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch hurling in Rome?

• 13-08-2017 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Currently in Rome and if we can, would like to see today's game and have a few drinks. Having done a bit of research, the Irish pubs that I've come across seem to be in name only. Any other pub I've seen mentioned seems to have closed down. Has anyone watched a gaa game in a genuine Irish pub in Rome in the past 12 months?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Have you tried this place?

http://finneganpub.com/

It's beside metro and not far from Colosseum. Was in it years ago and there were Irish bar staff and lots of TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Scholars is a great place. Over 10 screens so will definitely have it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭buzsywuzsy

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Have you tried this place?

http://finneganpub.com/

It's beside metro and not far from Colosseum. Was in it years ago and there were Irish bar staff and lots of TVs.

Thanks, I'd seen them but couldn't see a mention to any games being shown. I've sent them a message.

Scholars is a great place. Over 10 screens so will definitely have it on.

Thanks, I've sent them a message aswell.

Just to update the thread, we are staying close to Finnegan's so we took a walk over. They're showing the game. Thanks for all the help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

buzsywuzsy wrote: »
    Just to update the thread, we are staying close to Finnegan's so we took a walk over. They're showing the game. Thanks for all the help.

Hey was it any good to watch it there? Volume etc? I'm a deise man will be in Rome for the All Ireland so looking for a decent spot see it

robopaddy2 wrote: »
    Hey was it any good to watch it there? Volume etc? I'm a deise man will be in Rome for the All Ireland so looking for a decent spot see it

Hi, the pub was grand. They were showing the game in the back part of the pub so no issue with volume etc. (The Man U game was on in the front) The only issue we had was that there was very little people there to watch the game- only five of us. So there was no atmosphere in there compared to any other game I've watched abroad.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Watched the hurling final in Finnegan's a few years ago (KK v Tipp drawn game). Not packed by any means but a good few people in watching it!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭bazzare

The best Irish pub in Rome is the Scholars lounge.... I lived in Italy for a few years know the place well... they show all the football matches and GAA there too

the food there is also very good

its only a few minutes walk from the Colosseum and its just around the corner from Via Del Corso which is like Romes version of Grafton Street

heres the address

Via del Plebiscito, 101b, 00186 Roma RM, Italy

scholarsloungerome.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 739 ✭✭✭robopaddy2

Good stuff I'll get onto it

• Advertisement
Advertisement