Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best subscription streaming app for Android?

• 02-08-2017 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi, I'm not sure what app to subscribe to, they all seam completely the same, apart from the Soundcloud, but literally all of them cost the same, 10 euro a month. what's your advice or recommendation? Thanks a mil :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Plenty of people here looking for new family members for Spotify subscriptions. Works out at €2.50 a month.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057655713

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CroFag

Great deal, thank you (:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I've tried Spotify, Google Music and Deezer; they all have pretty much the same selection of music for the same price but IMO Spotify is the best for it's music discovery features and because there are so many people using it there are loads of great playlists available (also radio stations, newspapers, music sites etc all use it for their playlists) - it has a whole music ecosystem that the others don't have. The software can be a bit buggy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 CroFag

@ loyatemu, you're grand, tnx for advice, I'll give spotify a try & see how it goes.

Doeas anybody know what is the cost of downloading an album & physically owning it (on internal memory), are the prices in that segment as equal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

CroFag wrote: »

Doeas anybody know what is the cost of downloading an album & physically owning it (on internal memory), are the prices in that segment as equal?

For that I use Bandcamp. Prices can be anything from free to a tenner. I suppose it depends what you're looking for. More mainstream acts you might have to go to Amazon or iTunes or something. I don't use either of these so can't comment on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Spotify for most stuff

Bandcamp if I really like the artist and willing to pay for the album and listen to lossless quality.

Advertisement