Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bausch + Lomb Announcement

• 31-07-2017 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭

Significant investment/jobs announcement today apparently. Appears to be in addition to the new facility being opened today. 
    It's been reported by Waterford News and Star's facebook page but no details available besides this, not even a time for the announcement.
    Anyone on here got any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Did current employees get their pay restored?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭paul-2008

They're opening the new part of the plant and "announcing" 125 new jobs that were already announced months ago and are probably already filled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Deiseen

paul-2008 wrote: »
    They're opening the new part of the plant and "announcing" 125 new jobs that were already announced months ago and are probably already filled
    This seems to be what it is alright. The news and star made out like it was some massive new announcement....

Deiseen wrote: »
    This seems to be what it is alright. The news and star made out like it was some massive new announcement....
    Just the usual hype to get some publicity for Leo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Jesus christ does everything have to be so negative and revert back to Leo?

Doom gloom all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

Doom gloom all day long.

No, just meeting cynicism with cynicism.

Doom gloom all day long.
    Well, they go on about this HUGE jobs announcement for Waterford and Leo is coming down to announce it etc etc When in fact its jobs that have already been announced and filled? Sorry now for the negativity as you call it but I'm just seeing it for what it is really..

Double post

It absolutely drives me mental to see people being negative whenever there is a bit of good news BUT this is old news, nothing new so all the cynicism above is well justified. 

It's annoyed me to be honest.

When are these jobs starting?

Have people already started in their roles?

If so then yes the negativity is justified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭BBM77

It absolutely drives me mental to see people being negative whenever there is a bit of good news BUT this is old news, nothing new so all the cynicism above is well justified. 

Plus one on this. They are just trying to create a good news story for Varadker/Fitzgerald/FG from an old story. I know from first-hand experience they do this. There have been no IDA jobs announcement for a good while in Waterford so they have to invent something.

BBM77 wrote: »

Plus one on this. They are just trying to create a good news story for Varadker/Fitzgerald/FG from an old story. I know from first-hand experience they do this. There have been no IDA jobs announcement for a good while in Waterford so they have to invent something.
    And there won't be another one coming for a while with the low number of IDA visits we get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

They should be compelled to add the same number of jobs every time the same jobs are announced!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,703 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

They should be compelled to add the same number of jobs every time the same jobs are announced!

....and maybe restore the pay of those that were reduced to secure(pay the ceo's pay increase) the future of the plant, and to give equal pay for equal work etc etc :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Who cares when they announced the jobs,its 125 new jobs for Waterford and an €80 million expansion securing the jobs of 1300 people,its all good postive news for Waterford but as usual people here will always try to find something negative about it...

Who cares when they announced the jobs,its 125 new jobs for Waterford and an €80 million expansion securing the jobs of 1300 people,its all good postive news for Waterford but as usual people here will always try to find something negative about it...

Don't bother.

It's a lost cause. People just are negative in nature.

Waterford and especially the IDA estate has loads of work going on and new places opening.

Yes but the jobs and new expansion only opened today I take it?

Seriously what's the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭JohnC.

The problem is people trying to make political capital and getting the populace to pat them on the back for something someone else did over two years ago. A PR exercise of reannouncing a past announcement and pulling the wool over peoples eyes. This is not a good thing to be doing. A proper way to do it would be to say the jobs announced 2 years ago are coming online.

JohnC. wrote: »
    The problem is people trying to make political capital and getting the populace to pat them on the back for something someone else did over two years ago. A PR exercise or reannouncing a past announcement and pulling the wool over peoples eyes. This is not a good thing to be doing. A proper way to do it would be to say the jobs announced 2 years ago are coming online.

I think everybody knows Leo didn't create these jobs nor could any Taoiseach.

You would have to be thick to think otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭azimuth17

New 100 000 sq foot plant to be built behind last years new plant probably means more certainty for contract staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

azimuth17 wrote: »
    New 100 000 sq foot plant to be built behind last years new plant probably means more certainty for contract staff.

Jesus. Metric system/SI units boy. Might be yankee money but this is Europe.

Mustn't be much happening in HQ if Leo shows up for a whole 100 jobs(at some stage possibly) in the shticks.

We're so so gracious your majesty. Still no IDA officials in sight. Do they still exist?

Advertisement