Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2017/18 Preseason, European Cups, Domestic Cups and Internationals thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »
    Bertrand started this game.

Oooppsssiiieeeee
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

km79 wrote: »
    Oooppsssiiieeeee
    Thanks for that

He'll be nailed on.
    Unless a silly offer comes in or he tried to force a move.
    Has 4 years left on his current contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

He'll be nailed on.

I think he'd be a great signing for Chelsea*

*purely from a selfish Targett-is-4.5m point of view :)

He'll be nailed on.

I was worried about his hamstring !

I had just convinced myself to go with Forster too :D

I think he'd be a great signing for Chelsea*

*purely from a selfish Targett-is-4.5m point of view :)

I'd be more than happy with an obscene transfer fee for Bertrand and a 4.5 Southampton defender.

That game Ended 3-0
    Think I'll be going with a minimum 2 saints players for GW1 based on that.
    Maybe 3 if JWP looks to get a starting place, as he's on most set pieces when he's on the pitch.

2 assists for Targett
    1 goal and 1 assist for JWP

Here's the goals

1-0 Gabbi goal
    https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/891357257212080129

2-0 JWP goal
    https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/891358680024788992

3-0 Yoshida Goal
    https://twitter.com/SouthamptonFC/status/891362945237741568

km79 wrote: »
    I was worried about his hamstring !

I had just convinced myself to go with Forster too :D

I had Forster for long spells last season and he badly burned me. He had a very bad second half to last season, he'd be my pick from Saints cover only for that.

• Advertisement

I did point out earlier today that yoshida has more of a goal threat than cedric........??damn it's getting tougher now

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

SlickRic wrote: »
    Salah goal.

He plays so central.

Didn't see today's game but for the Leicester game I felt he was more central than origi. Makes great runs inside aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hmm JWP 5.5m could be a nice 4th mid.

@MCIFrance: La composition pour affronter Tottenham :
    Ederson
    Walker Kompany (c) Stones Otamendi Danilo
    Fernandinho
    Sterling De Bruyne Silva
    G.Jesus

Strong team
    No aguero
    Not good

Stones goal kdb assist

@SpursOfficial: #THFC: Lloris (C), Trippier, Dier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dembele, Winks, Eriksen, Dele, Kane. #SpursInUSA https://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/891402808657891328/photo/1

No sane again. Very risky to go with aguero it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

No sane again. Very risky to go with aguero it seems.
    Starting to worry that it may be risky to go with anyone. Lacazette may even be safer than Jesus at the same price in the first few games. But only if he's on penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

De Bruyne clean thru, unselfishly squares it to Jesus who spectacularly misses a practically open goal.

Aguero wagon back on.... ;)

CSF wrote: »
    Starting to worry that it may be risky to go with anyone. Lacazette may even be safer than Jesus at the same price in the first few games. But only if he's on penalties.

Too risky to go without City attack. They are destroying Spurs here. Should be 3 or 4 up. Scored almost 3 goals a game in first 6 GWs last season.

KdB should be nailed and has been excellent again tonight. Aguero will probably get a half now to stake a claim after a quiet half from Jesus and a terrible miss.

City look solid at the back too. This keeper is good and 3 CBs. I leaning to a City def over Alonso who was subbed off after having a nightmare today.

FHFC wrote: »

Too risky to go without City attack. They are destroying Spurs here. Should be 3 or 4 up. Scored almost 3 goals a game in first 6 GWs last season.

KdB should be nailed and has been excellent again tonight. Aguero will probably get a half now to stake a claim after a quiet half from Jesus and a terrible miss.

City look solid at the back too. This keeper is good and 3 CBs. I leaning to a City def over Alonso who was subbed off after having a nightmare today.
    What has Walker's role been?

Right wing back
    Danilo left

Right wing back. Getting forward plenty but Danilo is a real handful on the other side and more attacks going that way.

Depending on how long Mendy is out for Danilo could be worth a go for early Wildcarders, looks excellent.

Right wing back. Getting forward plenty but Danilo is a real handful on the other side and more attacks going that way.

Depending on how long Mendy is out for Danilo could be worth a go for early Wildcarders, looks excellent.
    Cheers. Who is looking more like the must have. KDB or Jesus? I don't think I can have both without getting rid of Lukaku and Kane.

In other news. David Silva has no hair.....

Cheers. Who is looking more like the must have. KDB or Jesus? I don't think I can have both without getting rid of Lukaku and Kane.

https://twitter.com/FPL_Junior/status/891431582875230210

Jesus has been a bit quiet imo. Got in some good positions but not at all clinical. See above. :eek:

KdB the number 1 for me ATM.

Then probably Jesus, although I want Aguero.

Still probably going with KDB and a striker.

Aguero, Foden, Yaya, Nasri for Silva, Kompany, KdB, Fernandinho

Back to 4231

Aguero gets half an hour to show how it's done....

Actually Mangala came in to, still 3 at back.

Jesus off too.

• Advertisement

Aguero has hit post twice since he came on...

Sterling (Nasri)

Aguero, Foden, Yaya, Nasri for Silva, Kompany, KdB, Fernandinho

Back to 4231

Aguero gets half an hour to show how it's done....

Actually Mangala came in to, still 3 at back.

Jesus off too.

That made me far too excited.

Hero for me at the end of the 15/16 season, thought he had left City permanently. Not that he'll be near my team plans.

Any more Walters watch from yesterday. Front 3 yeah?

Edit. Good report here actually... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/15442209.MATCH_REPORT__Nottingham_Forest_1_Burnley_1/

Any more Walters watch from yesterday. Front 3 yeah?

Edit. Good report here actually... http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/15442209.MATCH_REPORT__Nottingham_Forest_1_Burnley_1/

It was supposedly a 4123 in the first half. I can't see the set up yesterday being used Walters and Barnes would be the two slowest wide forwards ever. Defour 5.5 mid has been getting a good bit of game time pre season. If he could nail down a place he would be an option excellent ability on the ball and a great set piece. With Boyd leaving there is an issue with 442 as it needs a player like Boyd that runs around a lot going by dyches previous selections. This is why he may be trying other formations out. Looking at the squad its a bit imbalanced for what dyche usually wants . I think I'll be holding off on Walters due to fixtures and the fact he may play right side unless another winger is signed.

https://twitter.com/FPL_Junior/status/891431582875230210

Jesus has been a bit quiet imo. Got in some good positions but not at all clinical. See above. :eek:

KdB the number 1 for me ATM.

Then probably Jesus, although I want Aguero.

Still probably going with KDB and a striker.

I have now decided on kdb
    But maybe not with Kane
    Again Spurs and him look sluggish

I'm considering still going with aguero and keeping the one million (who am I kidding there is no way I'll keep the one mill)
    Danilo was mighty impressive too .........

It was supposedly a 4123 in the first half. I can't see the set up yesterday being used Walters and Barnes would be the two slowest wide forwards ever. Defour 5.5 mid has been getting a good bit of game time pre season. If he could nail down a place he would be an option excellent ability on the ball and a great set piece. With Boyd leaving there is an issue with 442 as it needs a player like Boyd that runs around a lot going by dyches previous selections. This is why he may be trying other formations out. Looking at the squad its a bit imbalanced for what dyche usually wants . I think I'll be holding off on Walters due to fixtures and the fact he may play right side unless another winger is signed.

I wouldn't fancy starting Walters every week, but my cunning plan was a 4th def/4th mid rotation.

Walters and Hegazi leaves you looking for WBA clean sheets against BOU, STO, WHU on 1, 3 & 5 and playing Walters against WBA, CPL, HUD in 2, 4 & 6 where you'd hope Burnley would be 442 with him up top.

All for 10m

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

I wouldn't fancy starting Walters every week, but my cunning plan was a 4th def/4th mid rotation.

Walters and Hegazi leaves you looking for WBA clean sheets against BOU, STO, WHU on 1, 3 & 5 and playing Walters against WBA, CPL, HUD in 2, 4 & 6 where you'd hope Burnley would be 442 with him up top.

All for 10m

How long before McCauley is back? Reckon Hegazi is a safe pick?

He is not but as long as McCauley is out for couple of weeks he will do me

• Advertisement

No definite time on McAuley. But Hegazi has been getting rave reviews from WBA fans in preseason and they've been trying out the 343 in a few games too.

Downside is WBA looking a bit threadbare and could struggle this season.

Advertisement