Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wild Camping

• 05-07-2017 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for a few like minded people to do a bit of wild camping and bushcraft.

30 year old been practicing as my hobby quite a few years now and find it hard to find people with same interests

Anybody interested in a camp and sharing skills please give a shout

Love the land you live 😀

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,979 ✭✭✭Stovepipe

there are at least two bushcrafting groups mentioned on this page. have a look around.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Outdoormad

Stovepipe wrote: »
    there are at least two bushcrafting groups mentioned on this page. have a look around.

Tried a couple a few times, they either have no space or dont reply, tried the Irish bushcraft club on a few occasions and for some reason it wont accept my email, its like the site is down.

Thanks for the reply anyway 😀

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Irish Knives and Bushcraft group have regular overnighters and never seem to turn people away. Look them up on FB.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 kerwein

I love camping and bringing a stick while walking in the forest could save you from snakes. Fruits are great food source too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I always whistle in the woods, just to keep the bears away too. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Le Loup

Outdoormad wrote: »
    Looking for a few like minded people to do a bit of wild camping and bushcraft.

30 year old been practicing as my hobby quite a few years now and find it hard to find people with same interests

Anybody interested in a camp and sharing skills please give a shout

Love the land you live 😀
    I am not into bushcraft as it is practiced these days, I am more old school.
    I am a primitive skills instructor among other things, now I only teach through our group & through videos.
    Regards, Keith.

Advertisement