Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Question about Greyhound termination and repossession of bins

Options
  • 15-07-2017 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

After a long time with Greyhound Recycling, I've finally decided to end my account and find another company. Has anyone here gone through this process? I've had bad experience with them as a customer so I expect the worst. I've read the 'Termination' section of their T&C and the 'Ownership of the Bins' section it references. I have a question about them taking the bins.

It says "GHH will provide the Customer with reasonable notice of any such inspection, examination, repair or recovery of the Bins, informing the Customer of the time period within which such inspection, examination, repair or recovery shall take place". If they fail to take the bins during this time, do they still own the bins?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭bren2002

Yes, of course they still own them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Dubliiner

bren2002 wrote: »
    Yes, of course they still own them.

So can they leave them there indefinitely or are they obliged by law to take them by a certain date? If they're leaving them there past the date they give me, I'm storing the bins for them and if I'm not legally allowed to get rid of them myself, I'm storing them against my will. What am I allowed to do in this situation?

if I'm not legally allowed to get rid of them myself, I'm storing them against my will. What am I allowed to do in this situation?

I'm sure they'll collect them, but if you prepared to get rid of them legally, you could deliver them to Greenstar yourself.

Are they obliged by law to take them by a certain date?

bren2002 wrote: »
    I'm sure they'll collect them, but if you prepared to get rid of them legally, you could deliver them to Greenstar yourself.

Delivering them to Greenstar (for disposal, I assume) implies I do have ownership of them.

• Advertisement

Don't know to be honest.
    Doubt there's anything in law to cover this.

Honestly. I think you need to back up a bit. This hasn't even haven't yet. They might just turn up as they say and collect them.

Dubliiner wrote: »
    Delivering them to Greenstar (for disposal, I assume) implies I do have ownership of them.

What? How? Guardianship maybe.

BTW they don't dispose them. They clean them and reuse them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

My experience, for what it is worth, is they took a long time (like 3 months) to collect them and wanted about €100 for cleaning and sanatising them. I refused to pay them and nothing came from it. The bins were DCC bins originally and were clean.

I did not think they were any good, e.g. leaving full bins of rubbish on the pretext that there was a problem with the account. They should at least empty the bin and leave a note. Not nice to treat customers like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

If they haven't taken them after a reasonable time, tell them you'll have to start charging them for storage, insurance, security etc.
    They'll be on in the morning

Advertisement