Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avengers Infinity War **spoilers from post 572**

• 15-07-2017 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

First trailer was shown at D23!
    The trailer for Infinity War opens with the Guardians of the Galaxy, as we last left them, flying through space on the Milano. Mantis says, "We are arriving," and Star-Lord responds that they need to "put on our mean faces."

It's unclear what drew them to this location -- whether a signal or otherwise -- but, as they're flying through the wreckage in space at this location, a body bumps into the ship's windshield. They bring the body into the ship and... it's Thor!

The rest of the trailer showed the Guardians actively working with the Avengers, and the bulk of the latter half of the footage showed them fighting Thanos directly. One showdown that involved Doctor Strange, Iron Man, Star-Lord and others had them fighting against Thanos on what looked like a wrecked Asgard, or some other planet among the realms. At the end of the footage, Thanos curls his fist, causes a planet behind them to explode, and then hurls the destroyed pieces down through the atmosphere at those he's fighting.

- Kevin Feige also said Infinity War part 1 and 2 will feature every hero in an MCU film so far.
    - Black Widow is blonde now.
    - Captain America has a beard and a sleek new costume.

Sounds great, hope they release the trailer soon.

20108408_1890693900947173_1834711434267317082_n.png?oh=b5ca3c4619315d6e27c5c16976ef4c7a&oe=59CB954F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Better trailer write up than in the OP
    Disney
    Marvel Studios just showed a huge chunk of footage from Avengers: Infinity War at the D23 Expo and there almost aren’t words for it. But we’re going to try.

The footage began with probably a two-minute intro of footage from the first several movies, all focusing on the Infinity Stones we’ve seen so far. Then, the Marvel Studios logo, and on to the new stuff.

The Guardians of the Galaxy are flying around. “Put on your mean faces,” Star-Lord says, because he expects something nasty. There has been crazy destruction, and then a body smashes up against their ship. “Get it away,” Rocket says. They bring the body in and it’s Thor. (Spoilers for Ragnarok, we guess?) Mantis wakes him up and Thor jumps up and exclaims “Who the hell are you guys?”

Next we see the Guardians with Thor, flying to another planet, and when they arrive—again, it’s just massive destruction again. They all know something is very wrong.

Cut to Earth. Scarlet Witch is moving around some cars or something and a female voiceover says “Death follows him like a shadow.” Loki emerges and presents the Tesseract to someone who is taller than him.

Cut to Queens and the hairs on the arm of a young Peter Parker stand up on end. He turns around in fear and we see a ship flying toward a planet we assume is Earth. “We have one advantage,” Tony Stark says. “He’s coming to us.” As the ship crashes, we see Mantis, Iron Man, Star-Lord, Doctor Strange, and a few others characters in total shock.

“Fun really isn’t something one considers when balancing the universe,” a voice says. Gamora turns around in total horror. “But this puts a smile on my face.” Star-Lord: “Oh no.” And out of a black hole emerges the purple madman, Thanos.

A fight begins. Doctor Strange is putting down platforms and Star-Lord is jumping off them, shooting his guns. Cut to Spider-Man, in his new suit revealed at the end of Homecoming, jumping through the air. A shot of Vision behind bars. A shot of a Wakandan army which includes Bucky. Captain America comes out of shadows with a full beard. Black Widow is shown with blonde hair. Iron Man has new, very sleek armor. Someone is using the Hulkbuster armor. Just a huge montage of shots.

Peter Parker is on the ground very hurt. “I’m sorry Tony,” he says behind tears with Iron Man holding his head. Thanos grabs Thor’s head and squeezes. Then Thanos, in the heat of battle with the Infinity Gauntlet on his hand, uses the power of the two stones he has (Purple and Blue, I think) to grab a moon. He starts to drag it toward whatever planet everyone is standing on. The debris starts to fly and... cut to title card.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-first-footage-from-avengers-infinity-war-blows-awa-1796948476

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Title is inaccurate. This is no longer "Part One".

Title is inaccurate. This is no longer "Part One".

Fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Fixed.

Thanks; that actually would've killed me!

So Thanos is gonna throw planets is he? Perfect to do this scene

BQltzw5.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Something about describing the footage in text puts me off.

Like... eh no thanks..

Shur just give us a teaser of a teaser or something.

• Site Banned Posts: 60 ✭✭enterprise2017

Tell me this...

If Superman was Superboy why is Spiderman not called Spiderboy isn't he a kid?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Tell me this...

If Superman was Superboy why is Spiderman not called Spiderboy isn't he a kid?

Superboy was obviously a kid whereas Spider-Man wears a mask and could be a man.
    And people just assumed he was a man when they gave him the monicker.

The bigger question is why am I answering that question in a Sunday morning dying of a hangover?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Superboy was obviously a kid whereas Spider-Man wears a mask and could be a man.

The bigger question is why am I answering that question in a Sunday morning dying of a hangover?

Cos Spider-Man does whatever a spider can?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Because you are a sap.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,525 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Because you are a sap.:p

Yes, I truly am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Has anyone found the leaked trailer online?

JJayoo wrote: »
    Has anyone found the leaked trailer online?

No, I was unaware it had leaked.

https://streamable.com/adq6i

Not great quality mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

DFbu6sWXgAADXi5?format=jpg
    Poster was gradually revealed over the weekend so I don't think this is the full poster

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Trailer leaking everywhere it seems, just like AoU marvel will hopefully bring a good quality one out

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Full poster

infinity-war-poster-1011820.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,577 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

No Ant-Man?

No Ant-Man?

He's just really tiny so you can't see him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭Tefral

Are we allowed post the trailer link?

Mod please delete if we get in trouble for it

https://streamable.com/kssvc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Don't know if If I'm liking Thanos's voice in this. I thought there would be a stronger tone/emphasis on it from Brolin and/or voice effects.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Did anyone spot the hulk in the trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,341 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Captain marvel 2019 DCU aka shazaam

• Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

What way did Pabl Picasso expect this thread to go?

In the charter it says don't be a dick, you are being very nasty to a poster on this thread to someone who has been very respectful considering the personal digs he has been on the receiving end of.

It is my opinion that there is an subset of older women who are indeed bitter about the fact that men are more attracted to younger women.

These type of women will often try to emphasise the point that older men wouldn't be able to attract younger women, they say this out of bitterness.

They will often criticise such relationships, and their criticism can sometimes be valid, but they are just looking for any reason to criticose it. The true motivation ia the bitterness.

I think you may have posted this in the wrong thread. I think you need your morning coffee, Morning_Coffee :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Captain marvel 2019 DCU aka shazaam

Wrong Captain Marvel: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154664/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Guaranteed she'll be in the post credits

Mickeroo wrote: »

Best captain marvel

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Tom Vaughan-Lawlor has confirmed that he is playing Ebony Maw of the Black Order

• Advertisement

First trailer tomorrow!

Advertisement