Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slimming World

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Down 6.5 (same as you StillThinking!)

I found it easier than I thought to get back on track this week. Feel really motivated to keep on the straight and narrow after that loss :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Heading to the UK for a clue of week holiday, any recommendations on products ? I know they have the heck sausages, but potentially a much bigger variety of stuff, so keen to try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Lost 10.5lbs first three weeks and then I missed 3 weeks in a row but maintained. I want that stone award ha!

What drove me to change and start attending was I am doing job interviews and my suit jacket has shiny marks from wear and rubbing, sharp & sleek it certainly is not! Went to Dunne's and M&S and couldn't find a jacket that fitted me. Nothing on the rails fitted. Wha, I've to go to one of those "big & tall" shops??Hell no

Our leader is a cool guy and I bought the 6 week countdown as a kick to keep attending.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I was down 3lbs last night. I got my Club 10 award. I'm just 2.5lbs off my 2 stone award and I really want to get it at next weeks class!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Was in last night for the first time in 3 weeks after the holiday and I'm only up by half a pound. Absolutely delighted with that as it keeps me under the 2 stone award that I got at my last weigh-in!

I'm happy now that I can leave 'holiday recovery mode' behind me and just focus on losing more weight. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Annani

2.5 pounds loss again this week.

I was unwell at the weekend so wasn't sure how that would effect but happily it was ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Just a quick question to anyone else who uses boil in the bag rice. The uncle bens one I buy says two portions per bag, but I think it's measly and am often still hungry after the two portions!

I make sure to have my half speed on the plate so I suppose it's irrelevant but does anyone else feel the portion size is inaccurate or am I just greedy? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Week 13 down 2.5lbs = 30.5lbs total , all just diet /food no exercise as of yet! That's next on my list.

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    Just a quick question to anyone else who uses boil in the bag rice. The uncle bens one I buy says two portions per bag, but I think it's measly and am often still hungry after the two portions!

I make sure to have my half speed on the plate so I suppose it's irrelevant but does anyone else feel the portion size is inaccurate or am I just greedy? :o
    No, I totally empathise with your situation and agree whole-heartedly. :D

Most of the 'suggested portions' on things like pasta bags, boil-in-the-bag rice boxes and similar things are total bull, and I LOL at them every time I read them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

So I'm starting back tomorrow. I don't plan on going to a group, just follow the rules.

I previously did this and lost 4 stone in 18 months. There was about 3 months within thus where I didn't stick the plan.

My goal this time around is to loose the 2 stone I gained over the last year, plus another half a stone that will get me back to NY original target I set for myself when I started way back in Jan 15.

I want to loose this by Christmas, so the challenge is on.

• Advertisement

I lost 3.5 this week... I was delighted but things have gone a bit sideways over the weekend! I'll have to be 100% for the next few days to make sure I'm not disappointed come Friday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Down 2lb, that's 23 lb in total and am now officially 2 lb past the half way mark!

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Down 2lb, that's 23 lb in total and am now officially 2 lb past the half way mark!

Woohoo well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Came back from 2 weeks holidays on Saturday. Down 2.5lb and delighted. So happy to have lost weight on hols. That's 10lb off in 6 weeks including my holiday. I'm happy with that process. I'm now a stone from my target.

It'd be nice to keep up a 2lb a week loss. Then I'd be at target before the evenings get too short and wet and cold because winter always makes me eat too much and too starchy.

1st day back on plan, and it feels great.

I'm dying to see the scales go down, I can't wait until next Monday.

Best of luck this week everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Haven't got my head in it at all this week.. I've been going for 13 weeks now and have lost 2 stone, only one 0.5 gain in all that time so it's not like it's not working for me.
    I've been sick for the last two weeks so I'm putting it down to feeling better and making up for lack of food but I'm finding it so hard to rein myself back in! Also getting demotivated by the fact I can see my weight loss and can see I'm starting to get loose skin.. still have about another 4 stone to go before I hit target and scared of it getting worse :(
    But on the upside, I'm the lowest I've weight in around 7 years :)

I had my class last night and I was down 2.5lbs which brought me to my 2 stone award! I was delighted as I had a tough weekend. I put my back out and I felt that I was eating all around me on Sunday trying to block the pain out, but when I wrote it all down, I was going for syn free yoghurt and the noodles. I made the weetabix cake and I ate 3 slices but that still only came to 10.5 syns. After counting it all up I had eaten 17 syns over the day even though in my head I had eaten everything in the fridge and the cupboard!

Weighed in on Monday and I was down 4lb, 3.5lb under my pre-holiday weight!

Great to see the scales go down again, on-wards and downwards. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Was chatting with my mam lastnight, I said I had weighed myself the morning after getting back from holidays & I'd put on about 2.5lb but I reckon I'll have pulled it back by the time Thursdays group weigh in. She told me that a friend of her's told her that her daughter had gained 1 & a half STONE on her two week holiday :O She is a very big girl to begin with but I'm still trying to figure how that is even possible. That kind of gain is huge.

Was chatting with my mam lastnight, I said I had weighed myself the morning after getting back from holidays & I'd put on about 2.5lb but I reckon I'll have pulled it back by the time Thursdays group weigh in. She told me that a friend of her's told her that her daughter had gained 1 & a half STONE on her two week holiday :O She is a very big girl to begin with but I'm still trying to figure how that is even possible. That kind of gain is huge.

That's 73K calories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Some of that gain could be fluid from flying maybe? Or the heat? That, or she seriously went hell for leather on holiday!!

That's 73K calories.
    On a 2 week holiday, that's averaging ~5k calories a day.

To be honest, in my 'fattest' days, I can see how that's possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

m'lady wrote: »
    Some of that gain could be fluid from flying maybe? Or the heat? That, or she seriously went hell for leather on holiday!!

It's probably both! And possibly extra fluid gain from eating salty crap food.

Really struggling with a nasty cold. Off work all week with it. Just want to eat everything around me, but I set a 2lb mini target for the week. Don't want to not hit it.

m'lady wrote: »
    Nailz wrote: »
    On a 2 week holiday, that's averaging ~5k calories a day.

To be honest, in my 'fattest' days, I can see how that's possible!

I don't know, could b e a combination of all of the above. As I said, she is a big girl, plus she is 6'1" so could easily gain that amount & it not show a much as it would on a shorter person.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

Week 14 down 2.5lbs = 33lb total , off to a wedding on Saturday plus 2 weeks holidays from work . Onwards and downwards

I've maintained this week.

I wasnt 100% on plan every day so I know where I went wrong.

Oh well. Will try harder this week :)

I haven't been able to move around much this week since I put my back out. So I'm going to commit myself to doing an SP week next week to boost myself a bit. I did one a few weeks ago and it's not that difficult once you go through the food list and see the range of foods you can eat!

Weigh in last night & I gained 1lb, not bad considering I had 10 cocktail filled days off plan!
    My new food diary arrived so I'm going full steam ahead this week, I'll be logging & watching every bite... After this weeks gain I'm at 10.5lb loss, I'd really love to get my stone award before my birthday in two weeks :)

Down 1.5 this year week. If I manage 2.5 next week, that'll be a stone in 4 weeks! I'm out for dinner tomorrow though so I think it may be somewhat unlikely....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

So, of late I've been a bit struggling wtih the plan because I've had a lot of life events etc which were disrupting my normal routine. So the past few days I've been using MyFitnessPal to calorie count, which allows me 1550 calories per day to lose 1.5lbs per week on average.

Whilst a lot of what I've started to do by following Slimming World is definitely helping me keep my calories down (staples such as frylight, bacon medallions, low fat milk, fage total 0%, be good bread) I'm starting to question their policy on fruit as a free food. MFP puts an average banana (which i know isnt speed) at 110 calories for example, and an apple at 80 calories. If you ate the two together as a snack which would totally be on plan, thats a very easy 200ish calories which could be eaten pretty mindlessly IMO.

I might just calorie count for the next week and see how I get on. Today for example I'll be having overnight oats, 2x toast 2x poached eggs and 3 bacon medallions and some ballymaloe relish, one banana (which is where I realised how high in calories they are) and slimming world chips with steak and side salad. I've had 2 americanos with light milk and I'm also budgeting 3x vodka soda waters for later.

Now I realise that a lot of the above is SW friendly but I didnt food optimise my lunch and I've definitely eaten less fruit than I've done on other days.

Does anyone else keep track of their calories as a matter of interest?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement