Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Control room jobs

• 16-07-2017 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

hi lads just wantd to ask dos any one now any thing abut working as a controler for the NAS/DFB and how whud i now when ther recruting thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,775 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Be aware, some of our emergency response operations have been privatised, leading to poor pay and working conditions

kahmen wrote: »
    hi lads just wantd to ask dos any one now any thing abut working as a controler for the NAS/DFB and how whud i now when ther recruting thanks

DFB will advertise themselves, NAS would be through publicjobs.ie

https://www.publicjobs.ie/publicjobs/who/garda/ambulance.htm

http://www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-dublin-fire-rescue-and-emergency-ambulance-service/careers-fire-brigade

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

Nas now recruit through the hse website. They have just recruited and have a full panel, doubt they will recruit anytime soon unless they keep loosing staff at the rate they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

As above, they look to have a big panel to choose from at the moment, there's a class being formed at the moment for training in October for both Tallaght and Ballyshannon but it's a small class by the looks of things. I *think* the only other class this year was in March. I don't know if it's a case of just no need for staff at present or a high turnover but large panel readily available to fill

DFB also has a panel in place of call taker's from the last recruitment who are waiting on a call up, again unless there's a shakeup it could be awhile before they look into taking on anyone again too.

Slight OT but do the gardai use civilian in their control room/s or members of the force?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Tripp

5500 wrote: »
    As above, they look to have a big panel to choose from at the moment, there's a class being formed at the moment for training in October for both Tallaght and Ballyshannon but it's a small class by the looks of things. I *think* the only other class this year was in March. I don't know if it's a case of just no need for staff at present or a high turnover but large panel readily available to fill

DFB also has a panel in place of call taker's from the last recruitment who are waiting on a call up, again unless there's a shakeup it could be awhile before they look into taking on anyone again too.

Slight OT but do the gardai use civilian in their control room/s or members of the force?

Yup confirmed class starting for NAS Control in October for both sites, Unfortunately its a small class of <10, no idea why! Doesn't make sense..
    Yup AGS do have civilians aswell as members working in Control but that's all i know. I don't know where they recruit the civilians from etc,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Tripp wrote: »
    Yup confirmed class starting for NAS Control in October for both sites, Unfortunately its a small class of <10, no idea why! Doesn't make sense..
    Yup AGS do have civilians aswell as members working in Control but that's all i know. I don't know where they recruit the civilians from etc,

Civilians are standard civil servants in AGS, mostly on transfer from other parts of AGS (civilian areas) or other parts of civil service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

Is it true some of the NAS staff in Tallaght are agency?
    NAS have a shiny new website with all the info on it http://www.nationalambulanceservice.ie/nascollege/Emergency-Medical-Dispatcher/

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭GoProGaming

NASlad wrote: »
    Is it true some of the NAS staff in Tallaght are agency?
    NAS have a shiny new website with all the info on it http://www.nationalambulanceservice.ie/nascollege/Emergency-Medical-Dispatcher/
    Yes, they have used cpl staff to plug holes for a long time. Most eventually get made full time hse for their trouble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭NASlad

Yes, they have used cpl staff to plug holes for a long time. Most eventually get made full time hse for their trouble.

and how do those staff meet the requirements for dispatcher? Don't you already have to be a trained and experienced call taker before sitting the dispatcher exam? Is there a private way of doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Parapara2017

• Advertisement
Advertisement