Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PAC report today re: Templemore

• 18-07-2017 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Folks

Can somebody tell me if the above mentioned report,which was released today, is available to the public, and if so how can I access same?

Thanks in advance.

Phoenix3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,897 ✭✭✭Vexorg

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Phoenix3

Vexorg wrote: »

Vexorg

Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

In light of this report it's incredible that she continues to enjoy the support of government. If Leo is not careful she will drag him down with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,964 ✭✭✭For Reals

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    In light of this report it's incredible that she continues to enjoy the support of government. If Leo is not careful she will drag him down with her.

Maybe that's why they support her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

For Reals wrote:
    Maybe that's why they support her.

Self preservation so, a pity that good governance is sacrificed in such a manner. I'm sure FF will do the right thing.....lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Less than a month ago, (June 21st I believe it was) Leo stated he had full confidence in the commissioner.
    Yes, I do have confidence in the Garda Commissioner and the Government does, too. The problems that are besetting the gardai are long-standing. Many, most, if not all of the problems that beset the gardai predate her becoming Garda Commissioner. And I believe that she is somebody who is fighting many battles on many fronts in an effort to put things right.”

Wonder what Leo thinks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

The PAC report released today and on the same day there is a big raid and 4millon quids worth of drugs and guns belonging to the kinnehan gang are found. What a lucky coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

NOS is now headed off on a five week holiday according to news reports this morning.

It would be hard to Imagine that CEO of a large scale organisation in the private sector, who's same organisation was in the midst of being investigated for smearing one of its own employees with a sexual assault allegation, being in the middle of being found to have been involved in covering up financial irregularities, and fresh from a court case where some of its employees gave contradictory statements in court as to what was shown via video evidence, would take him or herself off on a five week holiday.

It would be unbelievable actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Floppybits wrote: »
    The PAC report released today and on the same day there is a big raid and 4millon quids worth of drugs and guns belonging to the kinnehan gang are found. What a lucky coincidence.
    I wonder should the gardai have control over their own publicity

It doesn't seem like a good thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Rick Shaw wrote: »
    NOS is now headed off on a five week holiday according to news reports this morning.

It would be hard to Imagine that CEO of a large scale organisation in the private sector,  who's same organisation was in the midst of being investigated for smearing one of its own  employees with a sexual assault allegation,  being in the middle of being found to have been involved in covering up financial irregularities,  and fresh from a court case where some of its employees gave contradictory statements in court as to what was shown via video evidence, would take him or herself off on a five week holiday.  

It would be unbelievable actually.
    Can't see that happening in the private sector. In fact wasn't the head of a RBS in Ireland put on gardening leave a few years ago when there was some irregularity with their operations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Vexorg wrote: »
    good to see the department of justice getting citicism over this too, problems long before commissioner became accounting officer

Advertisement