Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

8 team draft pay league - €50

• 15-07-2017 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, I'll propose running a €50 league with 8 teams. I'll leave registration open until July 23rd. We'll split then based on the list from the previous thread, into however many groups we need. After that each league can agree a draft date. If we can't agree on it then default will be 8pm on the Wednesday before season starts. For fairness I'll call consensus to be 7 teams in agreement.

1. Green&Red

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

1. Green&Red
    2. Mectavba

1. Green&Red
    2. Mectavba
    3. Klopparama

This may Or may not work out for you/me. If it doesn't work then I'm happy to drop out last minute (before draft starts) so it doesn't effect the league overall.

I live in Sydney so my availability would be between 6am and 3pm or from 10pm until the early hours. Any day of the week. All times suggested are local time Ireland.

Also to get through it rapidly we should look at Skype but maybe WhatsApp would make more sense ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

10pm doesn't seem unreasonable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd be up for this. 10pm onwards would be the best time for me too.

1. Green&Red
    2. Mectavba
    3. Klopparama
    4. Dearg81

Should I remove my name from the big list of names in the fpl draft league thread? I've no interest in doing more than 1 draft league.

What date are we thinking of doing the draft ?

Are we going to cut it fine, so as many transfers as possible have gone through, or are we thinking early August and just box it off ?

I have holidays to book so I'll book them depending on the agreed draft date.

I'd prefer as close to the start of the season as possible so we have a fair idea of how teams will line out.

So how about Tuesday the 8th of August at 10.30pm ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I'd be up for this. 10pm onwards would be the best time for me too.

1. Green&Red
    2. Mectavba
    3. Klopparama
    4. Dearg81

Get me involved please

1. Green&Red
    2. Mectavba
    3. Klopparama
    4. Dearg81
    5. Chesty08

At least one more and this will be a goer.

My brother said he'll play so we're up to 6 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

G'wan I'll join too so.

1. Green&Red
    2. Mectavba
    3. Klopparama
    4. Dearg81
    5. Chesty08
    6. Trimm Trabb

1. Green&Red
    2. Mectavba
    3. Klopparama
    4. Dearg81
    5. Chesty08
    6. Trimm Trabb
    7. Dearg81 bro

What do you think of wrapping this up green&red as the 23rd has passed ?

I'm happy with 7 if everyone else is.

Maybe have an agreement on draft day and time ?

Finally, set a cut off date for payment like 1st of August ? Would give us 5-7 days to find a replacement if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I'm happy lads. Agree on a draft date, are we looking at next Weekend, week before PL starts?

Who is collecting funds?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I'm happy lads. Agree on a draft date, are we looking at next Weekend, week before PL starts?

Who is collecting funds?

I've proposed Tuesday the 8th of August at 10.30pm for the draft.

I think payment should be in a week earlier in case we need to find replacements. So 1st of August proposed as cut off for payment ?

Edit. - I'd be happy to do a dummy run draft maybe on the 2nd of August at 10.30pm so we can iron out any kinks if needs be. Gives us a chance to sort out how we randomly generate the draft order and if we should use WhatsApp etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Late to the party, but I'd like to join if ye will have me

• Advertisement

Late to the party, but I'd like to join if ye will have me

I'm happy enoug with that TB as we originally suggested 8.

Edit - anyone else who wants in should go on a shortlist in case of dropouts.

klopparama wrote: »
    I've proposed Tuesday the 8th of August at 10.30pm for the draft.

I think payment should be in a week earlier in case we need to find replacements. So 1st of August proposed as cut off for payment ?

Edit. - I'd be happy to do a dummy run draft maybe on the 2nd of August at 10.30pm so we can iron out any kinks if needs be. Gives us a chance to sort out how we randomly generate the draft order and if we should use WhatsApp etc.

Yep I'm pretty flexible with time so happy with August 8th at 10.30 if others agreeable.

Think the game itself randomises the draft order - surely we'll get it done in one go without a dry run what's app could be a good idea though to help things run smoothly.

Nice one, any time suits me

Happy with all of what Klopp has said there. Happy with August 8th at 10.30pm and a trial run the week beforehand, I think that wouldn't be a bad idea to make sure one of us doesn't f**k it up for ourselves

Looking like 8 of us so

I'm happy enough to be treasurer but likewise happy enough for someone who has been on here longer to take that on.

Would we say 1st €300, 2nd €100?

Yep sounds good to me, not sure we need a dummy run but I'm happy to go along with it anyway.

Let me know payment details,

In hindsight I agree we can probably do without the dummy run.

My main concern was randomising the picks but that's done automatically.

If there are any major fúck ups we can do it all again 24 hours later.

No point in me receiving fees as I'm in Aussie dollars.

Ok, if nobody has any objections I'll PM my bank details to everyone and we'll get payment sorted for August 1st.

You should have this now, Boards seems to be acting up a little today so they are not showing up in my sent items, if anyone hasn't received it let me know

Received and sent!

You should have this now, Boards seems to be acting up a little today so they are not showing up in my sent items, if anyone hasn't received it let me know

I haven't got them yet.

Does anyone know if you can enter more than 1 draft league? I'm thinking of doing 2 but this would be my number 1 choice if you can only do 1.

• Advertisement

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I haven't got them yet.

Does anyone know if you can enter more than 1 draft league? I'm thinking of doing 2 but this would be my number 1 choice if you can only do 1.

Not sure, but a work around might be a dummy account? might be a nightmare keeping track of 3 different teams thou

Advertisement