Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek: Broken Mirror

• 12-07-2017 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here reading the comic 'Star Trek: Broken Mirror'

Issues one and two are out now. It's pretty good. Set in the mirror universe.

Premise:

It is 2263 in the Mirror universe. The remnants of the Terran Empire essentially remain confined to the Sol system patrolling and safeguarding Earth and the remaining Imperial territories.

Aboard the ISS Stargazer, Lieutenant junior grade Reginald Barclay--Chief engineering officer--is called to the Bridge by Captain Jean-Luc Picard for a private meeting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Should that be 2363? And doesn't Earth still being under Terran control contradict the DS9 mirror universe episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Inviere

Aboard the ISS Stargazer, Lieutenant junior grade Reginald Barclay--Chief engineering officer--is called to the Bridge by Captain Jean-Luc Picard for a private meeting

Puts non-canon fan fiction hat on...

Barclay, hearing the formidable, "Come", signalling he should enter the Ready-Room, enters tepidly. Picard sat facing him, not even looking up to make eye contact. "Lieutenant Barclay, Admiral Pike has been on sub-space, informing me that we need to be at Vulcan within three days." Barclay, previously unaware of this urgent dilemma, felt a cold chill. "S, s, Sir? Three days? I, I, don't ttthink that's possible..." Picard already knew this, but instead, chose to make it the problem of his chief engineer. "Well, Mr. Barclay, if we're not at Vulcan in three days, you have a problem."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Evade wrote: »
    Should that be 2363? And doesn't Earth still being under Terran control contradict the DS9 mirror universe episodes?

Not sure about that date....could be a typo.

It's in line with the DS9 mirror universe. Probably still a different verse though. Earth was never conquered as its defence grid was too strong. So the alliance simply lay siege to the system to starve Earth into submission.

Inviere wrote: »
    Puts non-canon fan fiction hat on...

Barclay, hearing the formidable, "Come", signalling he should enter the Ready-Room, enters tepidly. Picard sat facing him, not even looking up to make eye contact. "Lieutenant Barclay, Admiral Pike has been on sub-space, informing me that we need to be at Vulcan within three days." Barclay, previously unaware of this urgent dilemma, felt a cold chill. "S, s, Sir? Three days? I, I, don't ttthink that's possible..." Picard already knew this, but instead, chose to make it the problem of his chief engineer. "Well, Mr. Barclay, if we're not at Vulcan in three days, you have a problem."

Close, but not quite.

Close, but not quite.

I could go on & on, citing past characters interacting with modern ones, impending death & destruction, and creating new baddies.... Personally I find the vast majority of non canon Star Trek to be awful & predictable.

• Advertisement

Was just reading about the mirror Earth in memory beta. North America gets turned into a wasteland by Alliance bombardment. And Ireland and New Zealand and turned into tiny inlets from the bombings.

What did we do?? Lol

Inviere wrote: »
    I could go on & on, citing past characters interacting with modern ones, impending death & destruction, and creating new baddies.... Personally I find the vast majority of non canon Star Trek to be awful & predictable.

I'm a big fan of mirror verse. Just find it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Not sure about that date....could be a typo.
    2263 would be before Kirk crossed over, 2363 is the year before Encounter at Farpoint happens.

I'm a big fan of mirror verse. Just find it interesting.

Same here, I love the mirror eps, even the DS9 ones! My disdain for non-canon extends to most fan fiction though, with only bar raising stuff like ST Continues & Axanar standing out among the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Never liked the way they took the Mirror Universe in DS9 if I'm honest... this book was far better:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/337023.Dark_Mirror

A heavily armed militaristic Enterprise-D, sadistic and lecherous versions of the crew, and the Terran Empire still ruling the quadrant. The way it should be :p

• Advertisement

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Never liked the way they took the Mirror Universe in DS9 if I'm honest... this book was far better:

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/337023.Dark_Mirror

A heavily armed militaristic Enterprise-D, sadistic and lecherous versions of the crew, and the Terran Empire still ruling the quadrant. The way it should be :p

I read that before, it was a good read.

I actually read these new ones (well the intro, and the first 2 issues) last night and they're worth a look alright..

intro is available for free (legitimately :)) here: http://www.idwpublishing.com/fcbd-2017-view-star-trek-the-next-generation-mirror-broken/

Side note... Any recommendations for a comic viewer in Windows? I use Challenger Viewer on Android and it's great. Installed ComicRack on the laptop though and don't find it anywhere near as good/user friendly.

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Side note... Any recommendations for a comic viewer in Windows? I use Challenger Viewer on Android and it's great. Installed ComicRack on the laptop though and don't find it anywhere near as good/user friendly.

I think I use CBR and have had zero problems

Advertisement