Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Under 21 Hurling Championship 2017

• 29-05-2017 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭

The leinster under 21 Championship got under way last Weds night with Westmeath beating Meath 2-20-0-10 in the Leinster 1st Round. The Leinster QFs take place this Wednesday night 31st May

Leinster QFS (all 7.30pm)
    Kildare vs Carlow- Newbridge
    Wexford vs Offaly- Wexford Park
    Westmeath vs Laois- Mullingar
    Kilkenny vs Dublin- Nowlan Park

The Munster championship starts on the 22nd June with Limerick vs Tipperary in the QF

semi final
    Clare vs Limerick/Tipperary- Weds 12th July- Thurles/Limerick
    Waterford vs Cork- Thus 13th July- Walsh Park
    Final 26th July

Kilkenny and Wexford suppose to be pretty strong in Leinster and Tipp are favourites for Munster but anything can happen in the under 21 championships. Current Champions Waterford still have a few players from last years squad but are missing a few marquee players such as Austin Gleeson, Stephen Bennett, DJ Foran, Tom Devine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭brookville

I'd imagine cork are strong enough with a number of their u21s involved with the senior setup.I also thought kk and dublin were the two strongest teams in leinster but with both set to clash Wednesday night one of them will be eliminated.it's always hard to gauge how teams are going but the kk v dublin match wednesday should be a good match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The leinster under 21 Championship got under way last Weds night with Westmeath beating Meath 2-20-0-10 in the Leinster 1st Round. The Leinster QFs take place this Wednesday night 31st May

Leinster QFS (all 7.30pm)
    Kildare vs Carlow- Newbridge
    Wexford vs Offaly- Wexford Park
    Westmeath vs Laois- Mullingar
    Kilkenny vs Dublin- Nowlan Park

The Munster championship starts on the 22nd June with Limerick vs Tipperary in the QF

semi final
    Clare vs Limerick/Tipperary- Weds 12th July- Thurles/Limerick
    Waterford vs Cork- Thus 13th July- Walsh Park
    Final 26th July

Kilkenny and Wexford suppose to be pretty strong in Leinster and Tipp are favourites for Munster but anything can happen in the under 21 championships. Current Champions Waterford still have a few players from last years squad but are missing a few marquee players such as Austin Gleeson, Stephen Bennett, DJ Foran, Tom Devine

Tipp are 12/1 to win Munster, outsiders of the 5 and that's a fair assessment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

If the players involved with the seniors yesterday manage to come through physically and mentally unscarred then Dublin have a fair chance of beating Cats. Should be a good match. Last time they played in Parnell was high drama indeed with Kilkenny taking it at the death. Home advantage tends to be big in underage so KK rightly favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Kilkenny v Dublin is on TG4.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Looking forward to this championship,its always very competitive and is real championship hurling,lose and go home no second chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Westmeath giving Kilkenny another good game this evening.

Nothing between the teams so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Westmeath giving Kilkenny another good game this evening.

Nothing between the teams so far.

Westmeath doing very well so far and a point up at HT. Expect them to tire and Kilkenny too win it in the 2nd half but you never know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,385 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Westmeath doing very well so far and a point up at HT. Expect them to tire and Kilkenny too win it in the 2nd half but you never know

Your prediction was correct! KK just that bit better all around.

Feel a bit sorry for Westmeath with a few ref giving Kilkenny a few things here and there but nothing to effect the result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HurlingRanker

You fairly hit the nail on the head with that call. Level with 20 minutes left, from then Kilkenny outscore Westmeath by 1-9 to 0-2.

Expect Limerick too win handy tonight against Tipp. I think Cork are going to be good in this grade this year and face current champions Waterford (down a good few quality players from last year) in the semi final on the 13th July. Clare face the winners of tonight's game

I'd put Wexford favourites in the Leinster final Kilkenny are an average enough team and don't think Eddie Brennan is anything special as a manager

• Advertisement

don't think Eddie Brennan is anything special as a manager

I hope he is a better manager than pundit because I don't know if it was just me but he seemed to be a bit "sneery" sometimes in his analysis. That was my impression of him.

Limerick racing off into a good lead so far against Tipp

2-08 to 0-5 20 mins gone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭letowski

Limerick look good this year, have stars right across the team.

letowski wrote: »
    Limerick look good this year, have stars right across the team.

They sound like the team too beat this year

Hard too knw with Waterford and Clare but have a sneaky feeling Cork are going to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭letowski

Yeah Cork would probably be next best in terms of senior quality. Id expect they will really target this Munster u21, the county hasnt won anything underage for ages.

Limerick should be too strong for my county, we have a couple of good players but not as star studded as Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,300 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Munster semi-final at the Gaelic Grounds between Limerick & Clare is live on TG4 now.

Limerick winning 1-5 to 0-2 after 8 minutes.
    Limerick looking impressive so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,228 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Munster semi-final at the Gaelic Grounds between Limerick & Clare is live on TG4 now.

Limerick winning 1-5 to 0-2 after 8 minutes.
    Limerick looking impressive so far.

Half time now, limerick are 1-14 to 1-05

clare are fighting back, 8 minutes into the 2nd half, 1-15 to 1-9

Clare are coming back into it now but I still expect Limerick to win. 40 minutes gone, 1-16 to 1-10.

One observation is that the pitch is in fairly poor condition for the time of year. Especially compared to the likes of Semple Stadium and Nowlan Park.

its well over now. 11 points with 5 minutes of normal time left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭slegs

Good win against a poor Clare team. Cork or Waterford should provide a better game in final

Aaron Gillane and Cian Lynch destroyed the Clare half back line

Think the final is on in Limerick no matter who wins 2morrow night as Limerick most recent games vs Cork and Waterford have been away from home

Waterford have a strong enough team for 2morrow nignt and I expect Cork too have a strong team too although Luke Meade is out

Edit Luke Meade is down too start

1. Patrick Collins - Ballinhassig
    2. Sean O Donoghue - Inniscarra
    3. Eoghan Murphy - Sarsfields
    4. David Griffin - Carrigaline
    5. Billy Hennessy - St Finbarrs
    6. Darren Browne - Kanturk (C)
    7. Mark Coleman - Blarney
    8. Paul Leopold - Sarsfields
    9. Darragh Fitzgibbon - Charleville
    10. Chris O Leary - Valley Rovers
    11. Declan Dalton - Fr O' Neills
    12. Luke Meade - Newcestown
    13. Robbie O Flynn - Erins Own
    14. Shane Kingston - Douglas
    15. Michael O Halloran - Blackrock
    16. Eoghan Healy - Ballymartle
    17. David Lowney - Clonakilty
    18. Conor Cahalane - St Finbarrs
    19. Aaron Myers - Sarsfields
    20. Jack O Connor - Sarsfields
    21. Tim O Mahony - Newtownshandrum
    22. Dave O Neill - Mayfield
    23. Seadna Smyth - Sarsfields
    24. Dayne Lee - Na Piarsaigh

Think the final is on in Limerick no matter who wins 2morrow night as Limerick most recent games vs Cork and Waterford have been away from home

I hope the condition of the pitch has improved for the final!

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭lim4ev

I hope the condition of the pitch has improved for the final!

What was wrong with pitch looked ok to me

Pitch looked good to me don't know what you are seeing. Unlike Thurles who had to have artificial grass in goal areas last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭mountgomery burns

slegs wrote: »
    Pitch looked good to me don't know what you are seeing. Unlike Thurles who had to have artificial grass in goal areas last week

Thurles pitch was fantastic last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

Agree pitch looked awful last night.

Hard to see Limerick being beaten in this grade, too much quality all over the pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

big_drive wrote: »
    Agree pitch looked awful last night.

Hard to see Limerick being beaten in this grade, too much quality all over the pitch

Do you think they'll get away with shooting as many wides against a better team?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

Quintis wrote: »
    Do you think they'll get away with shooting as many wides against a better team?

Probably will if they're still scoring as much ch as they do you can afford plenty wides and still get away with it

Advertisement